PDA

View Full Version : paul newman to retire

rosawendel
03-11-05, 05:27 PM
Paul Newman: I'm Ready to Retire (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/11/film.newmanat80.ap/index.html)

The movie legend, whose piercing blue eyes have lit up screens for five decades, says he'll give up the activities he once described as his two great passions -- acting and motor racing. "I think both are winding down," Newman told The Associated Press during an interview Friday. "I'll probably race for another year."

i wonder if by racing he means "actively driving" or "running a race team" or perhaps both...

nrc
03-11-05, 05:36 PM
i wonder if by racing he means "actively driving" or "running a race team" or perhaps both...

He talks about spending more time with his wife, so I would expect that at a minimum he would be spending fewer weekends at the track. I wouldn't think that he would have had the clout to keep Haas in line if he were planning on dropping his involvement entirely, but who knows.

Rogue Leader
03-11-05, 08:17 PM
Paul Newman: I'm Ready to Retire (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/11/film.newmanat80.ap/index.html)

he had said before the 24 at Daytona afte this year he wont be actively driving anymore.

Spicoli
03-11-05, 11:44 PM
he's ****ing 80. leave him alone.

RusH
03-11-05, 11:45 PM

dam straight
:rolleyes:

we wish to 80...and walking

nrc
03-12-05, 04:13 AM

Geesh. Shill out. It's not like we're trying to take away your Grandpa's jello.

JohnHKart
03-12-05, 06:57 AM
Damn, most legends have already quit driving for thirty years by the time they are 80! But then again, it's not like Newman's been doing 35 races a year with sponsor commitments the whole time.

John

Robstar
03-12-05, 07:09 AM
Ultra Respect to PN... :thumbup:

Have a rest mate, you are a legend :bows: :thumbup:

Spicoli
03-12-05, 08:47 AM
Geesh. Shill out. It's not like we're trying to take away your Grandpa's jello.

Jeebus. not every thread ia about YOU.
:gomer:

:biggie run: :D

dando
03-12-05, 11:08 PM
PLN = One. :cool: Dude.

Hopefully he stays actively involved with N/H, and lives to be 110.

-Kevin

oddlycalm
03-13-05, 07:19 AM
Personally, I can't imagine having a much better career to look back on. The acting, the racing, the $150 million he's raised for charity... :thumbup:

oc

Railbird
03-13-05, 09:03 AM
Hard to come up with an all around classier individual.

Ankf00
03-13-05, 12:14 PM
he'll still be one bad dude. it'll be sad when he stops coming by the track :(

Anteater
03-13-05, 03:25 PM
Paul Newman is a pure class act in everything he does. He is so vigorous at 80 that it's hard to think of him as being that old! No doubt he has earned the right to some down-time--but I'll sure miss seeing him around the track when he hangs up the team-owner hat.

Andrew Longman
03-14-05, 12:24 PM
Add to his class quotient the fact that he's been married to the same woman for upteen many years. :thumbup:

Those of us who have done it now how hard that is. Those who haven't know how tough that is, especially within the hollywood crowd.

(Funny coincident... I finally saw "Winning" last night on TMC. Not the best of movies, but Joanne and Paul played their parts very well. I was distracted with the knowledge that in real life they would have 35+ more years of marriage ahead of them. Maybe Frank and Elora Capau did as well)

JohnnyQ
03-14-05, 12:35 PM
Add to his class quotient the fact that he's been married to the same woman for upteen many years. :thumbup:

Those of us that have done it now how hard that is. Those that haven't know how tough that is, especially within the Hollywood crowd.

:thumbup: Amen.

RaceGrrl
03-14-05, 01:04 PM
If there was ever a gentleman racer, it was PN. He is the definition of class and it makes me proud that he chooses to field a team in my favorite series