PDA

View Full Version : Leave guns to the professionals.

Turn7
03-11-05, 03:00 PM
Click here to see why. (http://www.big-boys.com/articles/copshootsleg.html)

:rofl: :rofl:

Ankf00
03-11-05, 03:04 PM
f'ing greatness.

ilferrari
03-12-05, 04:53 PM
fantastic :thumbup:

Don Quixote
03-14-05, 10:31 AM
that is one tough hombre, he keeps talking after the deed is done.

Methanolandbrats
03-14-05, 10:34 AM
What a moron. At least he did'nt shoot a kid. I wonder if he still has a job?

Michaelhatesfans
03-14-05, 11:20 AM
I wonder why his attempt to show them an even bigger one didn't go down so well?

Dildo.

fourrunner
03-14-05, 06:13 PM
Police Version of "Fire Marshall Bill" !!!

Could you imagine if that Bullet ricochet'ed :eek:

G.
03-14-05, 06:40 PM
someone want to do a synopsis? Work filter doesn't like big-boys...

rabbit
03-14-05, 06:48 PM
someone want to do a synopsis? Work filter doesn't like big-boys...
"Never play with guns."
"This is an empty Glock 40 (http://www.glock.com/40.htm)."
"Bang."
(limping) "See, accidents can happen to anyone. So don't play with guns."

Mr. Vengeance
03-14-05, 07:05 PM
Timing is critical. This guy nailed it :)

(reminds a bit of my shop teacher who clipped a couple of fingers off during a table saw safety demonstration).

oddlycalm
03-14-05, 07:05 PM
Bet that hurt like a futhermocker once the shock wore off. I shoot a .40 S&W on a regular basis, and it's a stout round. Can't imagine not checking any gun I was going to show someone, let alone demo to a group. :shakehead

oc

G.
03-14-05, 07:14 PM
I shoot a Glock 22 (.40 S&W). Must not have been a hollowpoint, else limping would not be much of an option.

rabbit
03-14-05, 08:03 PM
Bet that hurt like a futhermocker once the shock wore off. I shoot a .40 S&W on a regular basis, and it's a stout round. Can't imagine not checking any gun I was going to show someone, let alone demo to a group. :shakehead

oc
He did check it. He had the slide locked back and showed everyone, "See, it's empty." Appearantly, when he popped the slide back up it chambered a round. I don't know. My Hi-Point .45 has a no-mag safety on it so that it won't fire unless there is a magazine in the gun. I have read quite a bit about Glocks misfiring, even when handled by pros. I can think of a lot of other makes I would just as leave own as one of them, and save a few bucks in the process.

rabbit
03-14-05, 08:57 PM
Here's another link (http://www.compfused.com/directlink/680/)

G.
03-15-05, 11:39 AM
He did check it. He had the slide locked back and showed everyone, "See, it's empty." Appearantly, when he popped the slide back up it chambered a round. I don't know. My Hi-Point .45 has a no-mag safety on it so that it won't fire unless there is a magazine in the gun. I have read quite a bit about Glocks misfiring, even when handled by pros. I can think of a lot of other makes I would just as leave own as one of them, and save a few bucks in the process.OK, that is too funny, in a not-really-funny-at-all manner. I like at the end when he tries to show another weapon, and the kids are saying, "No, put it down". But he is claiming, "It's empty". Also, "I'll probably never get to show a gun again". Classic.

He had the slide back to show an empty chamber, but he forgot that he had a full clip in the grip. Release the slide, chamber a round. That's my guess. Looks like it worked perfectly to me!

Never heard of Glocks misfiring. Never. The only issue I've ever had was with some (purposely) light reloads and limp-wristing (not purposely) creating some stovepipes.

Accipiter
03-15-05, 12:19 PM
:rofl:

I wonder if he lost his job. I know accidentally discharging a gun is grounds for dismissal with many police forces.

rabbit
03-15-05, 12:29 PM
Thread from a police message board (http://www.911jobforums.com/vB/showthread.php3?mode=hybrid&t=41571)
It looks like the Glock mis/slam fire problems were on older models. (http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html) Interestingly, no recall was ever issued, so there are who knows how many used un-upgraded Glocks out there.

oddlycalm
03-15-05, 01:02 PM
He did check it. He had the slide locked back and showed everyone, "See, it's empty." What I meant when I said "check it" was making sure both the chamber and magazine were empty. As long as there is a round in the magazine, the gun is not empty, as this video demonstrates.

Like G. posted, lucky for him it wasn't a hollow point.

oc

oddlycalm
03-15-05, 01:09 PM
Never heard of Glocks misfiring. Never. The only issue I've ever had was with some (purposely) light reloads and limp-wristing (not purposely) creating some stovepipes. Yeah, the wife discovered pretty quickly that she didn't have the wrist strength to fire my model 22. Never had it stovepipe, even with target loads, but the action didn't fully cycle more than once.

oc

RichK
03-15-05, 01:19 PM
:rofl:

I wonder if he lost his job. I know accidentally discharging a gun is grounds for dismissal with many police forces.

He's a DEA agent. At the very end of the clip, you can see it on the back of his shirt. This Glock is DEA standard issue.

Accipiter
03-15-05, 07:23 PM
He's a DEA agent. At the very end of the clip, you can see it on the back of his shirt. This Glock is DEA standard issue.

Yeah, I saw that. I was wondering if what applies to police applies to DEA too.

devilmaster
03-15-05, 08:15 PM
Maybe its the Mall Ninja!!!!!! ;)

Steve

RichK
03-15-05, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I was wondering if what applies to police applies to DEA too.

Hm, I don't know. I just found out that this guy is a former player for the Tampa Bay Bucs.

devilmaster
03-15-05, 08:29 PM
Back on topic though.....

Whenever i was taught weapon safety and shooting on the range, if you are going to show that your weapon is clear, you remove the mag first, pull the bolt back three times, then lock the slide open.

And to those who figured that releasing the bolt chambers a round, yes that's how its done. A weapon locks in the open after firing its last round. You drop the mag, insert a full one, unlock the bolt, and it chambers the first round. Saves time in reload situations.

Steve

rabbit
03-15-05, 08:41 PM
And to those who figured that releasing the bolt chambers a round, yes that's how its done. A weapon locks in the open after firing its last round. You drop the mag, insert a full one, unlock the bolt, and it chambers the first round. Saves time in reload situations.

Steve
I know that's how it works. I was speculating as to how a round got into the chamber because I could not tell if it had a mag in it. If it did and he was swinging it around like it was unloaded after releasing the slide, then he is a dumb@$$. But if somehow (and I know this is highly unlikely, but possible) this wasn't the case, a no-mag safety would have come in handy. That and he should have set the safety before sliding it into his holster.

devilmaster
03-15-05, 09:29 PM
I know that's how it works.

I was going to say.......

Sheesh, us canuckleheads are told that yous are all gun-toting squirrel shooting yahoos to begin with anyways..... ;)

And before some of you get your panties in a knot, the winking smiley above means i'm joking, people.....

Joking.

Really.

Yes a joke.

Sheesh
:D

Steve

rabbit
03-15-05, 09:32 PM
Sheesh
:D

SteveYou better smile when you say that, Pilgrim. :gomer:

devilmaster
03-15-05, 09:38 PM
You better smile when you say that, Pilgrim. :gomer:

Reminds me of a Simpsons quote: 'Since you attended public school, i'm going to assume you are already proficient in small arms' :D

Steve

Insomniac
03-16-05, 02:04 PM
Did he actually shoot himself or the floor? I've never been shot in the foot, but I'd imagine you wouldn't keep on talking, would you?

rabbit
03-16-05, 02:55 PM
Did he actually shoot himself or the floor? I've never been shot in the foot, but I'd imagine you wouldn't keep on talking, would you?
He shot himself in the thigh as he tried to holster his weapon. And I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to do that.

G.
03-16-05, 05:07 PM
He shot himself in the thigh as he tried to holster his weapon. And I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to do that.
He had a loaded mag in the gun (this was his major error), no round in the chamber. Pulls gun out of holster on his right hip, pulls back slide, shows dude that there is no round in the chamber. Releases slide (which loads the gun). Holds gun down and , ahem, points in a "safe" direction (his, um, minor error??) and pulls the trigger. Into his left thigh.

The thing about Glocks is that you need to pull the trigger to disassemble them. The firing pin is literally always half-cocked. It must be released to disassemble. Glock owners tend to get into the habit of pulling the trigger on an "empty" gun. To clean, inspect, etc., step one, ensure that it's unloaded (remove mag, pull slide, visually inspect for round). Step two, point in a very safe direction and pull trigger. Step three, takedown weapon.

Firearms safety rule of thumb is to always check THREE times to verify unloaded condition, with full slide cycles for each check.

G.
03-23-05, 02:53 PM
I submitted this to snopes.com. Verified and posted as true.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/gunsafety.asp

Insomniac
04-11-06, 12:40 PM
And now he is suing: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html

G.
04-11-06, 12:55 PM
I was JUST thinking about this clip 2 days ago.

The guy probably has a point, but I doubt he can win a lawsuit without a name in the DEA that released the vid.

Gangrel
04-11-06, 01:38 PM
I was JUST thinking about this clip 2 days ago.

The guy probably has a point, but I doubt he can win a lawsuit without a name in the DEA that released the vid.

Hey....sometimes covers get blown....and sometimes a few toes get taken with them... :D

Guy might have been great in his day, but he's really got to just take his lumps for this one...

oddlycalm
04-11-06, 04:33 PM
Guy might have been great in his day, but he's really got to just take his lumps for this one... Exactly right. This is about as lame as it gets. Regulations aside, nobody with an iota of weapons sense is going to unholster a loaded gun in a classroom full of kids, and this demonstrates exactly why not. He made the decision to unholster the weapon and he was the one that pulled the trigger by mistake.

He may or may not have an actionable claim against he employer, but I suspect that even if he does the jury will be tempered by how ridiculously stupid what he did was.

oc