PDA

View Full Version : Tagliani @ Rockesports in doubt?

koolracer
03-11-05, 12:56 PM
TSN Link (http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=117986)

NismoZ
03-11-05, 01:09 PM
Well, yeah...let's see, a handshake vs. 4 million dollars? Hmmm...maybe he gets the ride at HVM and all is well? :confused:

nrc
03-11-05, 01:27 PM
The story that I heard was that Tagzzz would be on loan to HVM with sponsorship if everything falls together or a third card at RS if it doesn't. One rumor was that his engineer would go with him.

Tim
03-11-05, 03:00 PM
Would it really bother anyone if he was out of the series? I've never been a fan so his seat going to Glock would be awesome.

mapguy
03-11-05, 03:23 PM
Would it really bother anyone if he was out of the series?

Not me. Been around for what, 4 years now? One win and even that he backed into it with a lucky pit call.

oddlycalm
03-11-05, 03:43 PM
Would it really bother anyone if he was out of the series? I've never been a fan so his seat going to Glock would be awesome. Dunno, do we get to keep Bronte...? :gomer:

oc

RichK
03-11-05, 03:49 PM
Tagzzz

Somewhere right now, somebody is irritated! :laugh:

lone_groover
03-11-05, 03:55 PM
:p :p :p

(Yo! where's that "mooning" smiley at?)

:D

Andrew Longman
03-11-05, 05:08 PM
Would it really bother anyone if he was out of the series? I've never been a fan so his seat going to Glock would be awesome.

Canadians (rather Canadiens) would. But outside of Quebec, I think Tracy, Valiente and Ranger are more important. And no one is more important, motorsport wise, than Villneuve.

Dr. Corkski
03-11-05, 05:12 PM
Not me. Been around for what, 4 years now? One win and even that he backed into it with a lucky pit call.But he had to beat Forsythe's super stud corona boy for it! :gomer:

Glock might end up being better than both RHR and Tagsomebody anyways.

TedN
03-13-05, 10:46 AM
Tagliani Confirms He Is Gone From Rocketsports (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2005/03/13/959294-sun.html)

Ted

:shakehead

JohnnyQ
03-13-05, 11:40 AM
Tagliani Confirms He Is Gone From Rocketsports (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2005/03/13/959294-sun.html)

Ted

:shakehead

He had a hand shake deal with the jack-o-lantern? WTF :saywhat:

I agree that Tag is average at best but to lead him along this close to the season opener is some cold *****. I guess he's looking forward to the Glock merchandising dollars. :rolleyes:

pchall
03-13-05, 11:41 AM
Hey, just earn a job or pay for it!

Sean O'Gorman
03-13-05, 11:48 AM
I know Canadians are second class citizens and thus should be treated as such, but this is going overboard! ;)

Methanolandbrats
03-13-05, 12:12 PM
Carpentier to IRL, Tag next, Molson pissed at Champcar....guess what happens in 07...better have two replacement races ready....maybe Bangladesh and Namibia.

Sean O'Gorman
03-13-05, 12:45 PM
Maybe they can get Trinidad AND Tobago! :laugh:

Spicoli
03-13-05, 01:00 PM
Carpentier to IRL, Tag next, Molson pissed at Champcar....guess what happens in 07...better have two replacement races ready....maybe Bangladesh and Namibia.

Ranger and Tracy will do just fine. Remember, those Canadian things are EVENTS (according to Dependster) so who cares who is in the cockpit.

JohnnyQ
03-13-05, 01:05 PM
It doesn't matter CC lives in the moment. Everything will be fine.....if you just beleive and wish alot. With Tag gone CC lost a bunch of Canadian fans. With Glock we've gained his parents as fans.
Now click your heals three times and everything will be pinky.

DjDrOmusic
03-13-05, 01:17 PM
Read who wrote the Toronto story....the guy loves TG...I think when the whole story is revealed it will look quite different!

Racing Truth
03-13-05, 03:43 PM

:laugh: :rofl:

Nah, I'm thinking Papua New Guinea!

EDIT: But if we want to talk seriously, then it has to be The Federated States of Micronesia. :gomer:

nrc
03-13-05, 06:03 PM
It's another McNutty piece. Did he ever issue a correction on his last story?

As usually he's so busy painting a gloomy picture for Champ car that you miss the part where he says that Tagzzz has been assured a ride for next year. There's some speculation on whether it will be a competitive ride, but HMV is the rumor and last year Super Mario beat Tagzzz in the points handily.

JT265
03-13-05, 06:12 PM

Carbender made his deal on his own. TagZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, dunno, sounds like a typical Gentilozzi deal.

But trustme. Molson AIN'T pissed at Champ Car. Not a bit.

JohnHKart
03-13-05, 08:24 PM

Barbados, St Kitts and Dominica.....yeah!! Can't wait to go back to those places. :shakehead

John

mueber
03-14-05, 08:41 AM
Well, they stuck RHR in the seat because he is an American, and they fired a Canadian, who has never produced, because he doesn't have any sponsorship.

The "we need more Americans in the series" people should be happy. It seems to me that moving Tags to another team minimized the damage, but who is gonna pay the bills for that team? There is always a price to pay, that's what makes second-guessing the management so unfair.

trauma1
03-14-05, 11:27 AM
1st tags will have a ride don't sweat it, 2nd McNutty is banging his EARl to canada drums again as usual, and he takes any liattle thing to inject his shrill writings of earl to canada, he's a hack and last week he printed a bunch of BS and got caught redhanded lieing , Tags to HVM is a move up , better team , it will all work out

NismoZ
03-14-05, 03:15 PM
Hoping so...yes Dominguez outperformed Tag even though he was with a "lesser" team, mainly because he was a FASTER DRIVER! I believe that. Tag to HVM is fine. Better there than nowhere (or the IRL, which might be the same thing!) The Molson and Sun criticism I find a little weak and too nationalistic. Perhaps they should be spending more time, effort and money shaking up the Canadian corporate establishment instead of trying to create a controversy where none exists. I find the "RHR was hired only because he's an American" quote to be unfair and a tad sour-grapey. I'd say that view has more often gone the other way, and perhaps Tag has worn out his "probationary" time? KK saw something in RHR that made him make sure he had a ride this year and he might just be doing the same thing now for Tag! As far as Gentilozzi is concerned, remember he is running a business to succeed, not to please us OR Tag. I'm guessing the economic landscape changed a lot between the handshake and contract time and, well, that's just reality. I'll make no personal judgement on that one. I think things will work out, and wouldn't it be fun to compare the results this season between Tag and RHR and Timo? :)

trauma1
03-14-05, 04:20 PM
he likes to rip the 3 amogios , however i haven't seen the canadian companies coming out of the woodwork to sponsor anyone, Molson is the only one to step up for sposorships of the races where's the rest

NismoZ
03-14-05, 05:59 PM
Exactly. Easy telling OTHER people to spend their money. NOT so easy to "invest" in an uncertain future. Thanks to every sponsor that is helping CC at this time, and hope a ROI is in your future!

NismoZ
03-14-05, 06:01 PM
PS-What the hell is an Amogio? :confused: :p