PDA

View Full Version : mcdonalds is open 24 hours...

CART T. Katz
03-09-05, 11:19 AM
if you use the drive thru that is. :thumdown:

(before anyone chooses to jump on me for criticizing a champcar official sponsor, my soul is owned by the clown.)

last night at around 1245 i left my dorm room to walk the 5 minutes it took to walk to the campus mcdonalds. the lobby closed at 11, so if i wanted anything, i would have to go through the drive thru. so i walked to the back window to put in my order when i see this sign in the corner:

"To protect the safety of our customers, we do not accept walk-up orders"

follow the logic here- if the lobby is closed, drive thru is the only option, however those students who HAVE NO CAR cannot get anything from the only 24 hour restraunt in walking distance from the university, which is physically ON CAMPUS. and even if a student had a car, it would take more time to go to the garage (which takes 5 minutes to get to and is also less than 200 ft. away from this particular restraunt), drive out of the garage, go through drive through, go back to the garage, find another parking space, walk down a staircase and back to the dorms. gas costs too much these days to waste on extremely short trips like that and is too much of a hassle to deal with anyway. but then again, this restraunt sucks anyway. i TELL them i'm an employee, i have shown them discount cards that had expired a day previous and still won't give me a discount (which is the only time i will go to a mcdonalds, unless it's my own. then i get stuff free). :flame:

Ankf00
03-09-05, 11:21 AM
ass munches. go throw their super hot coffee in their faces ;)

cart7
03-09-05, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure I understand why a walk up customer poses anymore threat to a customer than someone in a car. :confused:

chop456
03-09-05, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure I understand why a walk up customer poses anymore threat to a customer than someone in a car. :confused:

I'm pretty sure they mean that they don't want their customers being run over by cars while they're standing at the drive-thru window.

I've been wrong before, though. :D

JoeBob
03-09-05, 12:01 PM
Yeah, the insurance company probably frowns on people waiting in line among the cars. If someone gets hit, that's a pretty good lawsuit.

When I was in college, the McDonalds had a seperate walk-up window.

Al Czervik
03-09-05, 12:03 PM
if you use the drive thru that is. :thumdown:

(before anyone chooses to jump on me for criticizing a champcar official sponsor, my soul is owned by the clown.)

last night at around 1245 i left my dorm room to walk the 5 minutes it took to walk to the campus mcdonalds. the lobby closed at 11, so if i wanted anything, i would have to go through the drive thru. so i walked to the back window to put in my order when i see this sign in the corner:

"To protect the safety of our customers, we do not accept walk-up orders"

follow the logic here- if the lobby is closed, drive thru is the only option, however those students who HAVE NO CAR cannot get anything from the only 24 hour restraunt in walking distance from the university, which is physically ON CAMPUS. and even if a student had a car, it would take more time to go to the garage (which takes 5 minutes to get to and is also less than 200 ft. away from this particular restraunt), drive out of the garage, go through drive through, go back to the garage, find another parking space, walk down a staircase and back to the dorms. gas costs too much these days to waste on extremely short trips like that and is too much of a hassle to deal with anyway. but then again, this restraunt sucks anyway. i TELL them i'm an employee, i have shown them discount cards that had expired a day previous and still won't give me a discount (which is the only time i will go to a mcdonalds, unless it's my own. then i get stuff free). :flame:

Don't get mad at McD's, get mad at personal injury lawyers. Somewhere somebody standing in the drive thru line either got hit by a car or robbed. That person sued McD's. Therefore, no more "walk thru's".

CART T. Katz
03-09-05, 12:22 PM
here's the thing: there were NO CARS IN THE DRIVE THRU AT THAT TIME. there weren't even any pulling around to get in the drive thru. and if it's an insurance thing, we may need to take a policy, because i have taken an order from a walk-up in drive thru before, and as far as i know, it has not and will not be a problem in the future.

Don Quixote
03-09-05, 12:26 PM
I would tell them that I am in a car, but it is invisible. Worth a shot.

cart7
03-09-05, 12:47 PM

Yeah, Gallagher used to do a funny bit with a cardboard cut out of a car. I'd give it a shot just to see the reaction.

lone_groover
03-09-05, 01:04 PM
Ahhh, Gallagher! Haven't thought about that "entertainer" for a while. He as been touted though, as a possible NEA chairman in a Schwartzennegger/Smirnoff administration.

:thumdown:

Ankf00
03-09-05, 03:27 PM
we tried to go through in a shopping cart once...

they called the police :(

JoeBob
03-09-05, 04:14 PM

For sure. Especially if he adds, "I'm just like Wonder Woman."