PDA

View Full Version : Stupid me learned a lesson

JLMannin
03-08-05, 10:32 AM
Never download driver updates from Microsoft Update. I checked for non-critical updates and saw that there was an updated driver for my video card available, so I downloaded it. After rebooting, the display was set to 640 x 480 4 bit color :mad:

After *&$@ing with it for about 45 minutes, I finally had a glimmer of intellect :gomer: and went to the websites for my monitor and video card and downloaded updated drivers.

Problem solved :cool:

But I still feel like a moron, because I solved a problem that would not have existed if I had just left things alone. :mad:

Don Quixote
03-08-05, 10:44 AM
Yes, but just think about how much you learned in the process. :)

Michaelhatesfans
03-08-05, 01:10 PM
But I still feel like a moron, because I solved a problem that would not have existed if I had just left things alone. :mad:
Are you Tony George?

:cool:

Wabbit
03-08-05, 06:30 PM
Sound like an NVidia/MS update. I just let driver updates sit there.

JLMannin
03-09-05, 05:38 PM
Sound like an NVidia/MS update. I just let driver updates sit there.

Yes, that's right. Nvidia Riva TNT

cart7
03-09-05, 05:52 PM
Are you Tony George?

:laugh:

Ankf00
03-09-05, 08:36 PM
Are you Tony George?

if he was, he'd say he deserved a Nobel for his accomplishments, not that he was a moron :gomer:

pfc_m_drake
03-09-05, 09:57 PM
Yes, that's right. Nvidia Riva TNT
:eek:

That baby's a piece of nostalgia. Is it PCI or AGP?

JLMannin
03-10-05, 11:30 PM
:eek:

That baby's a piece of nostalgia. Is it PCI or AGP?

It's AGP. It's a PC I put together in 1998 based on a a cerelon 300A. I have kept it for the kids to use and for a PC for me to play around with. It actually runs XP home fairly well. After it boots up and loads the systray (that takes a while :eek: ) it's not really that slow. I am running Firefox and Open Office 2.0 (beta) on it.