PDA

View Full Version : We hate it; we wish they wouldn't run it....

lone_groover
03-08-05, 09:08 AM
...but we watch.

Gimme ONE name for the 200.

I say Duhamel

No reason, it's a crap shoot anyway....

Hope it's safe. Buckmaster was already injured (shoulder) last weekend during the F-USA event.

:shakehead

Mr. Vengeance
03-08-05, 11:59 AM
I'd love to see Miguel win another. Anyone but Kurtis Roberts or Mat Mladin...

pchall
03-08-05, 12:23 PM
Bike racing is crazy, but compelling to watch. I used to pay attention a lot when I had a bike buddy and his fine garage to work in on the old Sportster TT he convinced my to buy and taught me to ride. What I see them do on asphalt these days is extremely unnerving.

Any AMA dirt oval fans out there? I'll be up at Lima this year on Saturday night as usual for my yearly fix of castor, grit, and black leather.

RichK
03-08-05, 12:37 PM
I'll say Zemke.

Methanolandbrats
03-08-05, 12:39 PM
Any AMA dirt oval fans out there? I'll be up at Lima this year on Saturday night as usual for my yearly fix of castor, grit, and black leather.

I've never been to an event, but I want to go to the Springfield Mile. Sure looks good on TV.

lone_groover
03-08-05, 12:41 PM
Yes indeed. Just about EVERY great American roadracer (and a few Australians) learned to back it in at the dirt miles and half-miles.

Even European stars like Gibernau and Capirossi only got the handle of their 500s after a few dozen hours of seat time at the ranch.

pchall
03-08-05, 12:52 PM
I've never been to an event, but I want to go to the Springfield Mile. Sure looks good on TV.

Make sure you go. Fantastically interesting stuff in a weirdly fun atmosphere.

Don't sit too close to the track or your front teeth will be filtering the track out of your beer. ;)

chop456
03-08-05, 01:04 PM

Saw it once in person. Would have been more fun if I wasn't wearing a Smokey the Bear costume.

It wasn't the acid, either.

spinner26
03-08-05, 01:33 PM
Does anyone remember the old Louisville Downs? It is now Sports Spectrum in Louisville, KY. used to be a harness racing track and once a year they'd have the dirt bikes out it was cool. :thumbup:

pchall
03-08-05, 02:44 PM
Saw it once in person. Would have been more fun if I wasn't wearing a Smokey the Bear costume.

It wasn't the acid, either.

So, chop is the nom de post for Natasha Kinski? ;)

CART T. Katz
03-08-05, 04:02 PM
Does anyone remember the old Louisville Downs? It is now Sports Spectrum in Louisville, KY. used to be a harness racing track and once a year they'd have the dirt bikes out it was cool. :thumbup:

i did not know that :saywhat:

ps. now it's called trackside

Ankf00
03-08-05, 04:34 PM
'seca

motogp

it's on like donkey king, bitches.

The Doctor
03-08-05, 04:59 PM
Too bad the 200 isn't on the Superbikes this season.

The Superbikes will run a 100km race in the interest of safety. The FX race should be good, but it'll be a Honda all the way as they're the only ones with any kind of real factory effort in the class. Duhamel, Roberts, and Zemke on Hondas versus the Attack Kawasaki of Attard and the Suzuki of Haskovec.

As for the winner... after Zemke's run against Duhamel last year, I'm going to go with Jake. But I'll be pulling for both Duhamel and Zemke. :thumbup:

rabbit
03-08-05, 06:17 PM
Any AMA dirt oval fans out there? I'll be up at Lima this year on Saturday night as usual for my yearly fix of castor, grit, and black leather.I was there a couple years ago, waiting through an agonizingly long rain delay. I can't make it this year because I'll be in Washington D.C. for a few weeks.

Mr. Vengeance
03-09-05, 08:05 PM
Some things never change; a win still won't cover a fraction of the bills:

What's the winner's share for winning the 200? Nine grand. For the Superbike race? Three.

(above from superbikeplanet.com (http://www.superbikeplanet.com) )