PDA

View Full Version : The latest Racer magazine...

Andrew Longman
03-07-05, 06:33 PM
... just arrived in my mail and there is not one mention anywhere of the Nazareth photo-flap from last month.

Amazing.

After all the talk both for and against it on this and every internet racing forum (and the Newsweek Martha Stewart deal last week) they just think they can bunker down and ignore it?

Given how poor the editors email response to criticism was maybe that's the best thing after all.

Look like I won't be renewing.

Spicoli
03-07-05, 06:45 PM
They sent me a letter offering a "Pro-Deal" for $1 an issue.

I wiped my a$$ with it.

devilmaster
03-07-05, 06:48 PM
They sent me a letter offering a "Pro-Deal" for $1 an issue.

I wiped my a$$ with it.

and mailed it back, i hope ;) :D

Steve

Al Czervik
03-07-05, 07:33 PM
and mailed it back, i hope ;) :D

Steve

Or left it on "somebody's" lawn

pchall
03-07-05, 08:05 PM
... just arrived in my mail and there is not one mention anywhere of the Nazareth photo-flap from last month.

Amazing.

A monthly like Racer usually has a two or three month lead time on publication. If they ever acknowledge Photogate in the mag it will be a couple of months from now.

RichK
03-07-05, 08:35 PM
It's easier for them to just ignore it. It's not like the Feds are going to storm through their door without an apology.

I'm glad I let my subscription lapse a few years ago when their bias became apparent.

JLMannin
03-08-05, 10:23 AM
It's easier for them to just ignore it. It's not like the Feds are going to storm through their door without an apology.

I'm glad I let my subscription lapse a few years ago when their bias became apparent.

In January of 2003, I re-upped for two years. The next month, they came out of the closet as pro-IRL. It was studip of me not to cancel my subscription then and request a refund. The issue that is the topic of this thread is my last issue.

Accipiter
03-08-05, 11:43 AM
A monthly like Racer usually has a two or three month lead time on publication. If they ever acknowledge Photogate in the mag it will be a couple of months from now.

That used to be true, but now with the advent of e-mail, their response time has sped up considerably. For example, in this very issue there are letters to the editor in response to articles in the last issue. They are definitly hiding their heads in the sand.