PDA

View Full Version : Worst Movie Ever

Methanolandbrats
03-07-05, 01:31 PM
I vote for Barbarella.......I accidently caught five minutes of it today....what a POS.

RacinM3
03-07-05, 01:37 PM
Anchorman - I like Will Ferrell, but I had to shut the DVD down at minute 46.

Mr. Vengeance
03-07-05, 01:38 PM
Without question: Battlefield Earth.

$cientologist BS. It should have been the end of revolta's career.

devilmaster
03-07-05, 01:56 PM
Shock Treatment.

The god awful sequel to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I had always heard about this movie, but never could find it. About 10 years ago, 3 friends and I attended a formal dinner at our sister Naval Reserve unit in Toronto. Sunday morning, as I was the least drunk therefore first up, i was flippin channels in our room at the Royal York, and just happened to see the start of the movie. I wake up my buddy Mike, and we both sat and watched this movie. We both are fans of Rocky, but it was bad. Mike, at the end of it said, 'I want those 2 hours back' and promptly went back to bed.

Steve

Al Czervik
03-07-05, 02:07 PM
If sequels count, any movie ending in III or greater (The Godfather as the lone exception). Movies w/ recurring characters excluded, e.g. Dirty Harry, James Bond.

racer2c
03-07-05, 02:34 PM
Reindeer Games.

Actually my list would fill this boards database limit.

JoeBob
03-07-05, 02:50 PM
Hmm... any movie where Keanau Reeves can't just scream his lines is up there.

Not to hijack the thread, but what about movies people either totally love, or totally hate? For example:
Cabin Boy
Mars Attacks!
Shakes The Clown

Cabin Boy speaks for itsself.

Someone once told me, "Mars Attacks! is a special movie. I went with my entire extended family, every generation, from the grandparents all the way down to the kids absolutely hated that movie." I love it.

Same with Shakes. How someone could not like a movie that was described as, "The Citizen Kane of alocholic clown movies" is beyond me - yet for some reason, people just don't like Shakes the Clown!

Maybe that is just the "so bad, its good" list.

Oh, and this thread needs a special shout-out to the Police Academy Series. There's actually a sticker on the outside of the Police Academy Box Set: "Seven Great Comedies. One Low Price." I don't think they realize that sticker is actually funnier than 4 of the movies.

lone_groover
03-07-05, 02:51 PM
HINT: Director's initials are Mel G.

The worst.

:thumdown:

rabbit
03-07-05, 03:24 PM
Speed II

lone_groover
03-07-05, 03:30 PM
Re: love/hate:

I love "Shakes the Clown" and "The Projectionist" with Chuck McCann.

:thumbup:

chop456
03-07-05, 03:36 PM

The worst.

SpiceWorld? :D

The wife made me watch some of Jersey Girl a few weeks ago. Thank god J-Lo croaked it early.

I liked Cabin Boy. Of course, I also own Get A Life on VHS. :gomer:

redmist
03-07-05, 04:10 PM
any movie with woody allen in it. two minutes of listening to him and i want to pummel him unmercifully

racer2c
03-07-05, 04:23 PM
Re: love/hate:

I love "Shakes the Clown" and "The Projectionist" with Chuck McCann.

:thumbup:

and here I thought I was the only 'Shakes' fan. :thumbup:

racer2c
03-07-05, 04:26 PM
Speed II

Good pick!

Jag_Warrior
03-07-05, 04:42 PM
and here I thought I was the only 'Shakes' fan. :thumbup:

Shakes was a masterpiece. Clowns get no respect... no respect.

Ankf00
03-07-05, 04:56 PM
c'mon, in Anchorman the gang brawl and the a cappella "afternoon delight" were greatness :D

I submit: dude where's my car for this list.

racer2c
03-07-05, 05:05 PM
c'mon, in Anchorman the gang brawl and the a cappella "afternoon delight" were greatness :D

I submit: dude where's my car for this list.

I have the unrated version and I thought it was very funny. I give it a nod over Dodgeball in that genre of slapstick.

B3RACER1a
03-07-05, 05:17 PM
Just turn on any Mystery Sceince Theater Episode. 'Mitchel' was my favorite...LOL.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-07-05, 05:19 PM
Ever hear of Myra Breckenridge?

oddlycalm
03-07-05, 05:23 PM
I vote for Barbarella.......I accidently caught five minutes of it today....what a POS. Isn't a parody supposed to be a POS by definition...? ;) Besides, any film with VĂ©ronique Vendell's well upholstered presence has at least one semi-redeeming quality. :gomer:

There are hundreds of certifiably bad movies I've been lucky enough to avoid, but the worst I've actually seen is probably "Dumb and Dumberer" which was a steaming turd of a movie. I can make a pretty good case for "From Justin to Kelly" being the worst movie of all time without ever having seen it.

oc

indyfan31
03-07-05, 05:29 PM
I'd like to say Plan 9 from Outer Space but I was laughing to hard to hate it.

RichK
03-07-05, 05:30 PM
I can make a pretty good case for "From Justin to Kelly" being the worst movie of all time without ever having seen it.

oc

Oh man, that's been an HBO staple for the past month. I've been doing Tivo slaloms around it.

RacinM3
03-07-05, 06:41 PM
Oh man, that's been an HBO staple for the past month. I've been doing Tivo slaloms around it.

Yeah, no s****. It's getting to the point where I'm about to initiate a lawsuit against HBO and DirecTV over intentional infliction of mental anguish.

Re: anchorman - I must have turned it off before the funny part, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice more minutes of my life to find out.

dando
03-07-05, 06:59 PM
What?!? No one mentions Drivel.... errrr, Driven?!?

-Kevin

dando
03-07-05, 07:01 PM
There are hundreds of certifiably bad movies I've been lucky enough to avoid, but the worst I've actually seen is probably "Dumb and Dumberer" which was a steaming turd of a movie
oc

Yeah, I caught a few minutes of that POS whilst surfing around over the weekend. Made me long for a .1RL to watch instead.

-Kevin

JohnHKart
03-07-05, 08:09 PM
I know everybody loves it....maybe it's because I got there 15 minutes late. Men in Black gets my vote. We just completely did not understand it at all. But hey, me and my date left, got our money back and went home and put on Top Gun and I got laid thanks to MIB being so bad.

John

TKGAngel
03-07-05, 08:24 PM

Were you in my living room last night? That's about how far I got in the movie before I couldn't take it anymore.

My vote: Road House.

Sean O'Gorman
03-07-05, 08:48 PM

What's wrong with you? That movie is awesome!

Then again, I thought it was especially funny since I've known a couple of broadcasting majors in school, and yes they are that superficial.

JohnnyQ
03-07-05, 08:57 PM
The Cat in The hat. The book was so much better.

JoeBob
03-07-05, 09:25 PM
What's wrong with you? That movie is awesome!

Then again, I thought it was especially funny since I've known a couple of broadcasting majors in school, and yes they are that superficial.

Then again, you've only been able to see R rated movies without mom and dad for what... 6 months? ;)

CART T. Katz
03-07-05, 09:25 PM

The worst.

that and the recut edition that will be in theatres near you. if i wanted to watch a snuff film, i can download a better quality movie and it would probably cost less.

that movie and catwoman. the dialogue and the complete lack of continuity with batman, despite being based on characters from bob kane. :flame:

JohnHKart
03-07-05, 10:48 PM
that and the recut edition that will be in theatres near you. if i wanted to watch a snuff film, i can download a better quality movie and it would probably cost less.
. :flame:

My favorite quote about the MG movie....was a few months ago from KGOAM host Ray Taliafero...As one of his callers kept saying how great the movie was, Ray (who had not seen it) kept saying "why would you want to see a man beaten up for over an hour, there's really got to be something wrong with you." Sums it up for me also.

John

Winston Wolfe
03-07-05, 11:18 PM
BY FAR.... the worst movie EVER, has to be "When Mars Attacks"....

Jack Nicholson as the Pres, Gleen Close as the 1st Lady, and a host of other Hollywood "talent" and A List people and it is the WORST FRIGGIN MOVIE in the history of the world. :thumdown:

BAR NONE !

(A close second in my book is the recently released "The Aviator".... too long, too boring, and just a waste of whatever I paid to sit in that uncomfortable semi reclining chair after eating too much sushi at dinner)

OUT.

racer2c
03-07-05, 11:20 PM
I know everybody loves it....maybe it's because I got there 15 minutes late. Men in Black gets my vote. We just completely did not understand it at all. But hey, me and my date left, got our money back and went home and put on Top Gun and I got laid thanks to MIB being so bad.

John

Heck, try MIB 2, you'd get your date and her sister. Horrible, horrible movie.

Sean O'Gorman
03-07-05, 11:23 PM
Heck, try MIB 2, you'd get your date and her sister. Horrible, horrible movie.

/takes notes

;)

Chitowncartfreak
03-08-05, 12:04 AM
Caddyshack II - no question.

Brickman
03-08-05, 12:18 AM
I think most movies made don't match up to the quality of years past, but the difference is they tried to be good. Now they just try to make a buck.

http://razzies.com/asp/cliff_notes.htm

Lizzerd
03-08-05, 01:35 AM
My favorite quote about the MG movie....was a few months ago from KGOAM host Ray Taliafero...As one of his callers kept saying how great the movie was, Ray (who had not seen it) kept saying "why would you want to see a man beaten up for over an hour, there's really got to be something wrong with you." Sums it up for me also.

John

Some might disagree. :shakehead

Maybe it's just me, though. :)

Classic Apex
03-08-05, 01:39 AM
Empire Records.

B3RACER1a
03-08-05, 01:44 AM
I think this comes down to what a 'bad' movie is. For me there are 2 kinds:

1) Bad - Its bad but you can sit and make fun of it with friends. Enough stuff happens and the story is corny enough to support insults.
Example: 3000 Miles from Graceland

2) Repulsive - Nothing happens. Cant make fun of it.
Example: 2001

TKGAngel
03-08-05, 07:16 AM
Empire Records.

What's wrong with Empire Records? So many good quotable lines, and good music too!

lone_groover
03-08-05, 08:46 AM
Two words: Coyote Shivers

Warlock!
03-08-05, 11:01 AM
Earnest Goes Any-f****in'-where...

"Hey Vern..."

extramundane
03-08-05, 11:46 AM
Blues Brothers 2000. A travesty.

Anything with Keanu Reeves (yes, even the Matrix movies. Especially the Matrix movies)

But I'm sure the rumored Battlefield Earth 2 will eclipse them all...

Mr. Vengeance
03-08-05, 12:01 PM
But I'm sure the rumored Battlefield Earth 2 will eclipse them all...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

fourrunner
03-08-05, 09:36 PM
Cabin Boy is one of the greats

Chris Elliot was as good as Di Niro in "Meet the ****ers"

and Andy Richter sure gave DiCaprio a run for his money as a mentally challenged Dufus!

Letterman Sucked though!! ;)

racer2c
03-08-05, 10:05 PM
Cabin Boy is one of the greats

Chris Elliot was as good as Di Niro in "Meet the ****ers"

and Andy Richter sure gave DiCaprio a run for his money as a mentally challenged Dufus!

what was the name of the short lived TV show with Elliot where his charachter lived in his parents garage? That show was pure genius on the level of Mary Hartman Mary Hartman. Does anyone know if it's available on DVD?

lone_groover
03-08-05, 10:06 PM

Now let's be fair. Letterman's not really an actor. Heck, he's not much of a comedian for that matter! ha ha

He was perfect though, as the voice of Butthead's long lost father in the touching campfire scene in B & B Do America. Although it's NOT REALLY type-casting, it's no more than a short lateral hop from Gomer Cornpicker to Biker Dirtbag.

:gomer:

racer2c
03-08-05, 10:08 PM
Now let's be fair. Letterman's not really an actor. Heck, he's not much of a comedian for that matter! ha ha

He was perfect though, as the voice of Butthead's long lost father in the touching campfire scene in B & B Do America. Although it's NOT REALLY type-casting, it's no more than a short lateral hop from Gomer Cornpicker to Biker Dirtbag.

:gomer:

The funny weatherman makes it big. :)

nrc
03-08-05, 10:14 PM
Wanna buy a monkey?

racer2c
03-08-05, 11:05 PM
what was the name of the short lived TV show with Elliot where his charachter lived in his parents garage? That show was pure genius on the level of Mary Hartman Mary Hartman. Does anyone know if it's available on DVD?

Follow up: The show was "Get a Life". according to the responses on imdb, there are eight episodes released on DVD but not season by season. It's been a long time, but it was very funny when I saw it.

RusH
03-08-05, 11:15 PM
I really can`t decide.
It`s between LEPRECHAUN 4: In Space, or LEPRECHAUN 5: In the Hood
:gomer: :rofl:

B3RACER1a
03-08-05, 11:19 PM
It`s between LEPRECHAUN 4: In Space, or LEPRECHAUN 5: In the Hood

LOL!!! Movie series just go downhill when the only idea is to put them in space. :rofl:

DjDrOmusic
03-09-05, 01:06 AM
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes...also Masters of the Universe where Frank Langella's Skeletor make up starts to come unglued from his face. Not only was it left in the final movie cut, but it was shown in the trailer.

Gnam
03-09-05, 03:09 AM
Follow up: The show was "Get a Life". according to the responses on imdb, there are eight episodes released on DVD but not season by season. It's been a long time, but it was very funny when I saw it.
Didn't he build a submarine in his shower? :D

fourrunner
03-09-05, 06:05 AM
Didn't he build a submarine in his shower? :D

Yes ... and Chris Elliott was a "Paper Boy",... oops sorry " Head Paperboy" ( He was a "Lifer") ... some of the funniest scenes were of him being outwitted by the other paperboys all of them 12 years old !

Chris Elliott's real Dad Bob Elliott of "Bob & Ray" fame played his Father in the show & Eleanor Donahue of "Father Knows Best" played his Mom.

Brian Doyle Murray played the "Peculiar" guy who rented & Lived in the Garage !

Quirky, Funny Show!

I have the DVD!

Dr. Corkski
03-10-05, 05:47 AM
Keanu Reeves is in either real good (Matrix) or real bad movies (Matrix II & III).

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake with Jessica Biel was friggin terrible. They wasted her talents by actually making her speak more than run around in a wet t-shirt.

Anteater
03-10-05, 11:18 AM
I haven't seen it, but on another forum I learned about a Golan-Globus movie called "The Apple", which sounds as though it is bad beyond belief. Apparently filmgoers at the premiere were so disgusted that they threw stuff at the screen and damaged it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080380/

Gangrel
03-10-05, 11:25 AM
What's this? A worst movie ever thread, and no mention of Waterworld? The Postman? Gili?

Well, then again, I don't think enough people saw Gili for it to even make the list.... :D

stroker
03-10-05, 12:06 PM
I'd make a nomination, but I'm paralyzed with alternatives...

The Godzilla remake with Matthew Broderick probably wins. That's the IRL version of moviemaking--take an institution and turn it into an article worthy of nothing but ridicule.

Damn, that movie sucked.

Exit to Eden with Rosie O Donnell might be a better pick.

Jeez, I have to go do something more useful than this....

rosawendel
03-10-05, 12:59 PM
ed. wood.

G.
03-10-05, 04:27 PM
Too many to pick, so I'll add the worst movie ever that got rave reviews/Oscars. Tom Hanks in Philidelphia. When he gives his soliloquy and the camera starts spinning around him (the "big" tearjerker scene) I busted up laughing. I giggled through the whole movie. It was just so over-th-top.

JoeBob
03-10-05, 04:34 PM
Worst Movies To Win An Oscar is a thread unto itsself... Of course, that thread would really be called, "What Best Picture Winner Was Less Deserving than Titanic?" But anyways...

oddlycalm
03-10-05, 08:44 PM
Exit to Eden with Rosie O Donnell might be a better pick. Eewwwwww, just as I'd successfully forgotten that steaming turd. :thumdown: What was Gary Marshall thinking? I never would have thought that any movie could be so awful that it would ruin gratuitous nudity by Dana Delaney, but this movie proved me wrong... :shakehead

oc

theunions
03-10-05, 08:45 PM
Too many to pick, so I'll add the worst movie ever that got rave reviews/Oscars. Tom Hanks in Philidelphia. When he gives his soliloquy and the camera starts spinning around him (the "big" tearjerker scene) I busted up laughing. I giggled through the whole movie. It was just so over-th-top.

ANYTHING Hanks has done since around that film has been pretty terrible in my book.

lone_groover
03-10-05, 09:10 PM
Some titles that always get mentioned: HEAVEN'S GATE, HOWARD THE DUCK, ISHTAR (poor Elaine May!)

My picks for the VERY worst (besides Mel's snuff film):

INCHON, THE GREEN BERETS

:thumdown: :cry: :saywhat: :thumdown:

fourrunner
03-11-05, 12:01 AM
Some titles that always get mentioned: HEAVEN'S GATE, HOWARD THE DUCK, ISHTAR (poor Elaine May!)

My picks for the VERY worst (besides Mel's snuff film):

INCHON, THE GREEN BERETS

:thumdown: :cry: :saywhat: :thumdown:

John Wayne .... don't get me started

He was always John Wayne playing the character

Even Genghis Kahn was John Wayne Playing the Mongol ... "You Want Fried Rice Pilgrim "

The Green Berets was a case study of bad acting .... Even relatively good actors relegated to Wooden Cigar Store Indians by the incredibly bad script.

The little Chinese kid playing Vietnamese screaming "PeterSON... PeterSON"
when Jim Hutton doesn't return from the firefight was typically pathetic yet awkwardly he was better than Aldo Rey, or Jack Soo ( The Vietnamese working for the Americans) ... With a Brooklyn Accent... In John Wayne Movies you don't even think of having accents of the characters )

The only John Wayne Movie Worse was Big Jim McClain ... The Conquerer was pretty bad too ( infamous for the scene in the Gobi Desert with the Airliner flying in the background and John Wayne as Genghis Kahn on the Horse in the foreground)

OK ... Bad John Wayne Movies could fill a book !

JW was famous for putting his buddies in speaking roles whether they had acting experience or not but made good drinking buddies on the set!

God Lovem !!

stroker
03-11-05, 11:55 AM

Even Genghis Kahn was John Wayne Playing the Mongol ... "You Want Fried Rice Pilgrim "

The Green Berets was a case study of bad acting .... Even relatively good actors relegated to Wooden Cigar Store Indians by the incredibly bad script.

when Jim Hutton doesn't return from the firefight was typically pathetic yet awkwardly he was better than Aldo Rey, or Jack Soo ( The Vietnamese working for the Americans) ... With a Brooklyn Accent... In John Wayne Movies you don't even think of having accents of the characters )

The only John Wayne Movie Worse was Big Jim McClain ... The Conquerer was pretty bad too ( infamous for the scene in the Gobi Desert with the Airliner flying in the background and John Wayne as Genghis Kahn on the Horse in the foreground)

JW was famous for putting his buddies in speaking roles whether they had acting experience or not but made good drinking buddies on the set!

God Lovem !!

Didja ever notice how many of those movies Dennis Hopper was in?

JLMannin
03-11-05, 12:09 PM
I was waiting for Ishtar to show up. That one was pretty bad. Another bad one was Bill Cosby in Leonard, Part 6. It had been filmed years earlier and shelved, and when it was pulled off the shelf, Cosby tried (unsuccessfully) to buy the rights to the film to prevent its release.

oddlycalm
03-11-05, 01:45 PM
Some titles that always get mentioned: HEAVEN'S GATE, HOWARD THE DUCK, ISHTAR (poor Elaine May!) Never saw Ishtar or Howard The Duck, so I can't comment, but both seem to have come by their labels of awful honestly.

As far as Heaven's Gate goes, it was unfairly maligned. While it's not without flaws, some consider it among the best films ever made. Regardless, it's Cimino in his prime and it's major sin seems to be that it bankrupted United Artists studio back in a day when there was no DVD, or even VHS, to help recoup costs. If you liked the layered detail of the first half of The Deerhunter, rent the DVD and take your time watching it. If you do, make sure you get the 3hr original cut, not the studio butchered 2hr version that makes no sense at all.

On the other hand, if your tastes run to a swaggering John Wayne and a romanticized early West, skip this one. It's depiction of life on the US frontier was entirely too realistic for enough people that it got labeled un-American in some circles. Cimino's uncomfortably realistic depiction of masses of immigrants (great grandparents?), and the naked greed of the West's early leading citizens (great grandparents?) who were seeking to kill them off as quickly as possible, was a bit too much reality for some people to handle. Never mind that similar events actually happened and are amply documented.

oc

Hot Rod Otis
03-11-05, 01:57 PM
Stroker Ace, that was awful, even by Burt Reynold's "standards". Makes Smokey and the Bandit, 1 AND 2 look like Citizen Kane.

Chick flicks that Mrs. Otis drug me to which were excruciating:
"The Horse Whisperer", what a self-indulgent piece of crap that was. But the "great" Robert Redford starred and directed so the critics loved it. God it sucked, we walked out before it was over.

"Love Actually" was another critically acclaimed flick that blew.

"The Philadelphia Experiment", cheesy story, cheap special effects, wooden acting, BTW, what ever happened to Michael Pare?

I also thought "The Thin Red Line" sucked, over hyped and way over-rated.

RichK
03-11-05, 02:19 PM
I also thought "The Thin Red Line" sucked, over hyped and way over-rated.

Good to hear that someone else shares my opinion. I thought it was awful.

chop456
03-11-05, 02:30 PM

God Lovem !!

I've always said the same about Jack Nicholson.

Absolutely horrible actor. Same character in every single movie.

Hot Rod Otis
03-11-05, 02:50 PM

"The Sands of Iwo Jima", what a howler that was.

The only John Wayne movie that I'll watch is "They Were Expendable".

Gangrel
03-11-05, 03:56 PM
Worst Movies To Win An Oscar is a thread unto itsself... Of course, that thread would really be called, "What Best Picture Winner Was Less Deserving than Titanic?" But anyways...

Gotta' go with Chariots of Fire here...

Hot Rod Otis
03-11-05, 05:13 PM

"Shakespeare in Love" beating out "Saving Private Ryan" for best picture. :rolleyes:

FCYTravis
03-11-05, 05:15 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG BUT ITZ GOT GEOFFREY RUSH AND ITS ALL ARTSY FARTSY WITH JUDI DENCH HOW KAN IT NOT BE OZCAR??????

:saywhat:

Car-B-Q
03-11-05, 08:53 PM
Gotta go with Dumb and Dumberer. Can't think of anything worserer than that.

Wife thinks Legally Blonde II gets top billing.

Ankf00
03-11-05, 08:55 PM
any movie with ashton kutcher or sean william scott really (road trip excluded), ya... that.

Dr. Corkski
03-11-05, 09:03 PM
Worst Movies To Win An Oscar is a thread unto itsself... Of course, that thread would really be called, "What Best Picture Winner Was Less Deserving than Titanic?" But anyways...The English Patient! Sack Lunch should have won the Oscar that year! :laugh:

Speaking of another Dennis Hopper classic, didn't Super Mario Bros. just set the bar for all video game movies?

FCYTravis
03-11-05, 09:09 PM
Speaking of another Dennis Hopper classic, didn't Super Mario Bros. just set the bar for all video game movies?
Set it so low, in fact, that video game movies have been overachieving for years. They started getting downright classy!