PDA

View Full Version : R. Gordon Futlity Thread: Mexico Edition

DaveL
03-06-05, 09:08 PM
Our man Robby roared to a 40th place finish today after losing a pre-race fight with Carl Edwards' crew chief Brad Parrott.

Off to Vegas next week. Place your legal bets one of the following: Robbie DNQs. Robbie causes a wreck. Robbie runs around the back all day. Or Robbie's engine blows.

B3RACER1a
03-06-05, 09:20 PM
With the fight in mind, I'm betting on failing inspection. :laugh:

Chitowncartfreak
03-06-05, 09:37 PM
According to NASCAR.com, Parrott gave Robby a knee to the groin. I bet Robby's post-race interview was slightly higher-pitched than usual.

Accipiter
03-07-05, 12:25 PM
Robbie should get a clue when he sees that not even Paul Menard is stupid enough to use Menard engines.

Methanolandbrats
03-07-05, 01:00 PM
Robbie should get a clue when he sees that not even Paul Menard is stupid enough to use Menard engines. :rofl:

Steve99
03-07-05, 01:02 PM
Pre-race fight? I missed that. Details?

Gnam
03-07-05, 02:03 PM
El story-o (http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/opinion/03/07/cross.words/index.html)

spinner26
03-07-05, 02:55 PM
Our man Robby roared to a 40th place finish today after losing a pre-race fight with Carl Edwards' crew chief Brad Parrott.

Off to Vegas next week. Place your legal bets one of the following: Robbie DNQs. Robbie causes a wreck. Robbie runs around the back all day. Or Robbie's engine blows.

I don't see what Robbie lost but his cool. I guess if I was attacked in the groin area I'd be a little peed off too though.

Parrott, Gordon said, kneed Gordon in the groin. Gordon then tried to retaliate before onlookers separated the two.

"And he spun out," Gordon said. "He's got to stay calm more than that. It was no big deal."

"If someone is going to knee me in the groin, I'm going to grab him by the throat. It's that simple. I don't care who he is." :flame:

Edwards was one of the first to separate Parrott and Gordon but said he didn't know what started the incident.

"When I came onto the scene Robby was roughing my crew chief up just a little it, so I just stopped Robby from doing that," Edwards said. :rofl:

"Obviously, he can't handle any pressure or criticism at all. And he fights like a little girl." :D :shakehead