PDA

View Full Version : Fishy Wins

Jervis Tetch 1
03-06-05, 12:41 AM
Glad to see him get that top podium after the debacle of Brazil a few years ago. Also cool to see my fav Fernando Alonso in the top 3.

This could be an interesting year.

Ankf00
03-06-05, 12:45 AM
yes, someone besides douchemacher on the top step of the podium. miraculous!

RusH
03-06-05, 12:48 AM
Glad to see him get that top podium after the debacle of Brazil a few years ago. Also cool to see my fav Fernando Alonso in the top 3.

This could be an interesting year.

great race, great start for the usually dull F1 season....since 2000 anyway

:thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
03-06-05, 12:55 AM
Totally concur RusH. :D :thumbup:

But I wonder what went wrong with the BARs. They sure didn't look good.

IlliniRacer
03-06-05, 12:58 AM
How 'bout Red Bull Racing? :thumbup:

Who's canned first JV or Not So Quick Nick ?

RusH
03-06-05, 01:01 AM
How 'bout Red Bull Racing? :thumbup:

I almost thought it was DC`s year for a short time. :rofl:

Hard Driver
03-06-05, 01:36 AM
Hopefully the rest of the year is half as interesting.

McLaren is not as fast as I thought they would be (What's new)

Red Bull is even more of a suprise than Renault. Take the old jag and keep that pace. Makes me wonder what Ford was doing with their money.

What happened to Sauber and their supercomputer too.

Badger
03-06-05, 02:41 AM
Anyone else left wondering if the Williams pairing is just an update on the Boutson/Patrese years? For all the hype, Webber looked a lot more like a Boutson, Patrese, Daly caliber of driver than a Mansell, Jones or Rosberg. After watching Coultard, am I the only one thinking that maybe the Jag flattered Webber more than we gave them credit?

pchall
03-06-05, 12:01 PM
Red Bull is even more of a suprise than Renault. Take the old jag and keep that pace. Makes me wonder what Ford was doing with their money.

I think they spent most of it testing various shades for the Jaguar version of BRG.

oddlycalm
03-06-05, 01:33 PM
Alonso's charge from 13th to 3rd showed well for both car and driver. What the hell happened to Trulli...? He was on the pace for the first stint, then came out of the points. Can't blame a bad 2nd set of tires I guess... :gomer:

oc

RTKar
03-06-05, 01:52 PM
Alonso's charge from 13th to 3rd showed well for both car and driver. What the hell happened to Trulli...? He was on the pace for the first stint, then came out of the points. Can't blame a bad 2nd set of tires I guess... :gomer:

oc

I would think all the work going into race setup becomes moot upon any amount of abnormal wear on the tires or flat spots caused by over braking. I think we'll see our share of lead cars "going away" as the season progresses. I was surprised Schumi wasn't able to real the leaders in like he did for the better part of last year. It'll be interesting to read the post race comments regarding the tire rules. I would love to have been a fly on the wall for the race debriefs.

oddlycalm
03-06-05, 02:00 PM
I think we'll see our share of lead cars "going away" as the season progresses. Good point. For all their speed the Renaults tires seemed to be in good shape at the end of the race.

oc

Dirty Sanchez
03-06-05, 02:12 PM
awesome. just awesome. fisichella/renault is a definite force this year.

Anteater
03-06-05, 02:50 PM
What the hell happened to Trulli...? He was on the pace for the first stint, then came out of the points. Can't blame a bad 2nd set of tires I guess... :gomer:

oc

I thought that Trulli qualified with a light fuel load, then lost position and ran sluggishly after he had a full fuel load. Geez, P9 and 13 for the Toyotas--they'd better fire the drivers, since so much has been done to improve the cars. ;)

Anyway, I really enjoyed this race! :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
03-06-05, 10:31 PM
The race was boring as hell, though I enjoyed watching Fisico run away with it.

The McLarens were pretty unimpressive and ended up getting pwned by DC. :laugh: Though I think it would have been different had their #1 driver not stalled at the start.

Dumbass move by Michael. :thumdown:

racer2c
03-06-05, 10:37 PM
awesome. just awesome. fisichella/renault is a definite force this year.

Tenth year is the charm! Eh? :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
03-06-05, 10:50 PM
Tenth year is the charm! Eh? :gomer:

Isn't that about how long you expected us to wait before da Matta would start performing?

racer2c
03-06-05, 10:52 PM
Isn't that about how long you expected us to wait before da Matta would start performing?

Well, he had eight and a half years to try. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
03-07-05, 12:42 AM
Tenth year is the charm! Eh? :gomer:yep after years of shining in lesser equipment he wins his first race with a top team. hot damn. real deal.