03-05-05, 09:46 PM
pretty crazy stuff :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
03-06-05, 12:40 AM
Hey, I have to admit I enjoyed it. Scary. :eek:

Rob
03-06-05, 02:38 AM
What a bizarre lead-in to the F1 presentation. :laugh:

Have you guys seen the show Carpocalypse on Spike yet? It's only been on for a couple weeks and is shown at 8pm ET on Saturdays. It's a show where people who race regularly at a track near Orlando prepare to compete in the regular fare at that track. These events include school bus races, flagpole races, trailer races, and other acts of vehicular mayhem. I skip the first half hour because it's all preparation and jibber-jabber, but all hell breaks loose in the second half. Yeeeehaaaaw!

Spicoli
03-06-05, 07:07 AM
What a bizarre lead-in to the F1 presentation. :laugh:

Have you guys seen the show Carpocalypse on Spike yet? It's only been on for a couple weeks and is shown at 8pm ET on Saturdays. It's a show where people who race regularly at a track near Orlando prepare to compete in the regular fare at that track. These events include school bus races, flagpole races, trailer races, and other acts of vehicular mayhem. I skip the first half hour because it's all preparation and jibber-jabber, but all hell breaks loose in the second half. Yeeeehaaaaw!

:thumbup:

Only the stron survive. How about that goober who - at age 42 - has 4 grandchildren. No wonder they cap the car budgets at $250. :gomer:

Ziggy
03-06-05, 11:29 AM
You guys have not been paying attention! This used to be a regular feature at the SpeedDrome. School Bus figure eights led way to the "Figure Eight Trailer Race's" which packed the stands for the first events.

In the trailer race, the sponsored cars hauled around some of their sponsors product. Indy Amusements had a pinball machine, one of the motorcycle dealers had a new bike etc. We got to see it when it was a support race for the big 500 lap season ending Midget race one year.

I still tease Jerry Sneva about it, he was one of the "drivers"

Oh, yeah, it was a hoot! Very fun evening, with alot of laughs. I don't think I would have bought a ticket mind you. Before that thing fired off, the entire USAC SpeedDrome Midget community was hanging on the pit fence :gomer:

I equate it to going to a comedy club. It was fun

PS - They had combine figure eights at the State Fairgrounds the day following the AMA Grand National as well

DjDrOmusic
03-06-05, 12:00 PM
For some strange reason, I enjoyed the figure 8 school buses...followed by a satisfying F1 event...and then I left the room for a moment and came back to Speed Geeks...what a way to set myself up for nightmares!! :cry: :saywhat: ;)

spinner26
03-06-05, 12:12 PM
I started this morning looking for an old school bus. It'll take me a year or two to get it ready but I'll be there, that was cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gomer: :gomer:

nrc
03-06-05, 01:02 PM
It's the biggest threat to champ car next to drifting.