PDA

View Full Version : Fast FAF

FRANKY
03-04-05, 09:34 PM
http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/bg/03/04/cedwards_hh/index.html

Gotta be the team. He only practiced at VIR once.

Sean O'Gorman
03-04-05, 09:45 PM
Check out P4. :thumbup: Has he even been on a road course before?

Methanolandbrats
03-04-05, 09:46 PM
P9 is P. Menard :saywhat:

pchall
03-04-05, 09:54 PM
FAF probably has one of those special 7litre engines NASCAR hands out for marketing purposes.

RusH
03-04-05, 09:54 PM
FAF is .5 secs ahead of the closest competitior.
The stench is overwhelming. CrashCar blows too. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
03-04-05, 09:57 PM
That 0.5 sec is curious. Maybe the same folks who made Sammich's pop-off valve and Half-Dale's restrictor plate produced another product.

Don Quixote
03-05-05, 01:14 PM
I bet FAF really likes NASCAR now. :gomer:

trish
03-05-05, 01:35 PM
I thought someone said Yo Adrian would never race in Mexico again...

nrc
03-05-05, 02:17 PM
I thought someone said Yo Adrian would never race in Mexico again...

Who would ever say such a thing? There are always charity go-kart races.

In any case, I'm not sure whether this qualifies as racing or just a publicity stunt for NASCAR.

trish
03-05-05, 02:18 PM
Fernandez, the Dale Earnhardt Jr. of Mexico. :rolleyes:

NismoZ
03-05-05, 02:51 PM
Instead of a whole new topic, perhaps THIS is the place to ask about this: (1st off, yes I'm watching, I wanted to see the wiggle in the front straight and the full run around the baseball stadium)...but I need a little help here. People were gabbing and I missed an explanation of what sounded like an anti-road racing transmission?! NASCAB "didn't want guys like Ron Fellows getting too much of an advantage."!? What the hell was THAT? :confused: (Also, it was entertaining to listen to Truex, "I just want to get this over with and get out of here." Does that warrant a trip to the red trailer? And FAF? "Everything's fonTAStic!"

trish
03-05-05, 02:56 PM
Was it something about the gears they are allowed to use?

NismoZ
03-05-05, 03:10 PM
Sounded like goofy mandated transmissions.

trish
03-05-05, 03:23 PM
"I'm as lost as Jeb Clampett in Beverly Hills" :laugh:

trish
03-05-05, 03:27 PM
Sounded like goofy mandated transmissions.Ok, I asked someone else. It has to do with extremely low gearing in the transmission, first gear in particular.

trish
03-05-05, 03:38 PM
Adrian eats the wall!!!!! Unfortunately he's in on owner points. :mad:

NismoZ
03-05-05, 03:41 PM
OK, here it is... FAF was on a flyer, "It's a NEW TRACK RE..." Uh, oh, he just stuffed it! Just a tad over-excited, I expect. (but he gets to race anyway, right?)

racer2c
03-05-05, 03:47 PM
My god. Those cars look like they're stuck in second gear. :shakehead

Wheel-Nut
03-05-05, 03:47 PM
He'll start from the rear of the field. He dented both sides of the car.

NismoZ
03-05-05, 03:52 PM
Whoa! Trish, did you see HER!? That had to be a mistake...I can't believe DW could keep his mouth shut. She was VERY pretty...too. :rofl: SPEED is to be commended! :thumbup: :thumbup:

racer2c
03-05-05, 03:58 PM
"In two years NASCAR will be the biggest autoracing in Mexico".
Some Mexican driver named Carlos.

:gomer:

trish
03-05-05, 04:11 PM
Whoa! Trish, did you see HER!? That had to be a mistake...I can't believe DW could keep his mouth shut. She was VERY pretty...too. :rofl: SPEED is to be commended! :thumbup: :thumbup:
No, I didn't see anything.

trish
03-05-05, 04:12 PM

Anything is possible.

trish
03-05-05, 04:16 PM
Robby is fastest.

NismoZ
03-05-05, 04:19 PM
I expected nothing less. Excellent job. Car # 8.3 :D

trish
03-05-05, 04:20 PM
He starts from the back for changing the engine.

NismoZ
03-05-05, 04:25 PM
Geez, Boris is pretty good, too, huh!? Nice front row so far...ringers? I call 'em DRIVERS!

trish
03-05-05, 04:28 PM
The regulars are the real ringers.

racer2c
03-05-05, 04:30 PM
Anything is possible.

Two years to overcome F1 and Champ Car? They'll have to give FAF allot more horses. :gomer:

theunions
03-05-05, 04:33 PM

This from a guy who can't even keep a Craftsman Truck ride.

theunions
03-05-05, 04:43 PM
It's embarrassing that Hammond of all people knows how to pronounce "Goeters" properly and Mike Joy can't... :shakehead

RusH
03-05-05, 04:50 PM
The cars look like rolling lead weights on a road course.
Maybe the Nascar TANK series can be a support race, they would be a bit slower, and would compliment the show nicely.

RTKar
03-05-05, 04:58 PM
Mexican race.....Mexican on pole...the "Call".

trish
03-05-05, 04:59 PM
They sure know how to write the script.

NismoZ
03-05-05, 05:05 PM
And Fellows said, "When we're in Canada it'll be my turn!" :D 43 cars in the race? This thing could run 8 hours!

pchall
03-05-05, 05:23 PM
This is gonna be Must See TV!!! The Arbusto Series in tacobender land! :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
03-05-05, 05:25 PM
This is gonna be Must See TV!!! Checked the NAPCAB website...where's FAF?

racer2c
03-05-05, 06:03 PM
Checked the NAPCAB website...where's FAF?

Taking a siesta. Where else? :)

NismoZ
03-05-05, 06:06 PM
40th, I think. Interesting to see if he will be shown "working his way through the field." Good LUCK!.

Methanolandbrats
03-05-05, 06:12 PM
50th, I think. Interesting to see if he will be shown "working his way through the field." Good LUCK!. Then the creep gets in because he's driving a Hendrick car, too bad he's not going home.

Rogue Leader
03-05-05, 06:16 PM
DW said it best... Hes excited to see that first turn... I see $$$$ in that first turn lol

NismoZ
03-05-05, 06:35 PM
C'mon, now...the "creep" didn't make the rules and I have to give him credit for actually going for the pole (and he WAS) when he didn't have to. I think 26 of 54 had spots in the field, including all 10 from Mexico. Rules. :D

NismoZ
03-05-05, 06:37 PM
...and, wait a minute. Isn't he ALREADY "home"? ;)

Steve99
03-06-05, 02:16 AM
C'mon, now...the "creep" didn't make the rules and I have to give him credit for actually going for the pole (and he WAS) when he didn't have to. I think 26 of 54 had spots in the field, including all 10 from Mexico. Rules. :D

He was one of those that COULD go for the pole, because if he screwed up (like he did) he had a get-out-of-jail free card. :thumdown:

Strange system of reverse bumping. Someone goes slow and you get into the field. :shakehead

Steve99
03-06-05, 02:17 AM
People were gabbing and I missed an explanation of what sounded like an anti-road racing transmission?! NASCAB "didn't want guys like Ron Fellows getting too much of an advantage."!? What the hell was THAT? :confused:

Sounded like they had mandated gear ratios so that the "road race ringers" wouldn't have an advantage. I guess knowing how to set up a car properly is considered unfair by NASCAR now.

Sean O'Gorman
03-06-05, 02:48 AM
They have restrictions on the gear ratios at all the tracks. But nice try on the conspiracy theory. :rolleyes:

Steve99
03-06-05, 03:47 PM
They have restrictions on the gear ratios at all the tracks. But nice try on the conspiracy theory. :rolleyes:

Not my theory. The NASCAR approved announcers said it. :gomer:

FRANKY
03-06-05, 04:31 PM
Not my theory. The NASCAR approved announcers said it. :gomer:

Yep

"Second, in an effort to tighten competition and contain team costs, NASCAR has imposed limitations on gear ratio. Affecting the top three racing series, the rule change will limit the maximum number of RPMs that all engines will be able to produce during competition. Enforcing the new rule will involve a thorough technical process, including: inspecting the number of teeth on the pinion and ring gear during race weekend inspection processes and equipping each vehicle with a data log near the ignition system to measure RPMs."

trish
03-06-05, 05:41 PM
Adrian in the lead. Although the crowd didn't go as wild as DW predicted.

pchall
03-06-05, 05:52 PM
This race will go over three hours for 200 miles at this rate. And now it seems to be rainy very lightly... to back these things don't have real headlings and wipers.

trish
03-06-05, 06:03 PM
This race will go over three hours for 200 miles at this rate. And now it seems to be rainy very lightly... to back these things don't have real headlings and wipers.
It was said they would run rain or shine. I hope it starts pouring before the end. Thirty-five more laps to go.

JohnnyQ
03-06-05, 06:13 PM
This is some nasty looking *****. Toilet bowls with no brakes. :gomer:

trish
03-06-05, 06:24 PM
5:03 pm & 35 laps to go
5:23 pm & 28 laps to go

trish
03-06-05, 06:40 PM
21 to go

Methanolandbrats
03-06-05, 06:46 PM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/3dlil/sleep.gif

RTKar
03-06-05, 07:03 PM
I actually don't mind NASCAR road course races but this thing is dragging on way too long.

Methanolandbrats
03-06-05, 07:11 PM
I actually don't mind NASCAR road course races but this thing is dragging on way too long. They are kinda fun, this is the first NASCAR event I've ever stayed awake for from beginning to end

trish
03-06-05, 07:13 PM
11 to go

dando
03-06-05, 07:28 PM
This thing is like Groundhog Day. :shakehead The school bus racing thing before the F1 race last night was far more entertaining than this cr@p.

-Kevin

trish
03-06-05, 07:32 PM
It's over!

Sean O'Gorman
03-06-05, 07:47 PM
Wow the road course ringers really kicked some ass today, and how bout those Mexicans with the illegal cars that NASCAR gave them? Nobody could keep up with them!

Have Truex, Edwards, and Hmiel even raced on a road course before?

trish
03-06-05, 07:52 PM
Wow the road course ringers really kicked some ass today, and how bout those Mexicans with the illegal cars that NASCAR gave them? Nobody could keep up with them!

Edwards no. Hmiel in a go-kart 10(?) years ago. Truex? Maybe he raced a road course on a video game. That's how he got his NASCAR ride.

racer2c
03-06-05, 07:57 PM

Finally! Proof that oval racing stock car drivers are better than road racers on their own turf! I bow to their mastery.

Truex would have given Fishy a run for his money in OZ. Heck, he probably would have won! Yes, I'm quite sure of it. :)

Sean O'Gorman
03-06-05, 08:19 PM
That ISN'T what I'm saying. I'm just defending the stock car drivers who are usually bashed around here.

Point is, no specific background creates a winning driver.

nissan gtp
03-06-05, 08:22 PM
I'm just defending the stock car drivers who are usually bashed around here. :gomer:

;)

Ankf00
03-06-05, 08:38 PM
That ISN'T what I'm saying. I'm just defending the stock car drivers who are usually bashed around here.

Point is, no specific background creates a winning driver.

I can win a paddleboat race :gomer:

pchall
03-06-05, 08:51 PM
I actually thought the last 10 laps were a hoot -- better that Figure 8 Schoolbus racing!

Racewriter
03-06-05, 10:03 PM
Truex ran a couple of Busch North races at Lime Rock.

pchall
03-06-05, 11:48 PM
One of the announcers pointed out that Boris Said coaches the young guys on road racing at driving schools and then schools them on the track.

FRANKY
03-07-05, 02:33 AM
Edwards no. Hmiel in a go-kart 10(?) years ago. Truex? Maybe he raced a road course on a video game. That's how he got his NASCAR ride.

Well he does play video games, you at least got that part right.

From NASCAR.com

"Martin Truex Jr. began his racing career at age 11 by running go-karts. In 1993, he was Junior Class Champion at New Egypt Speedway. A year later, he won the New Jersey Championship Series at New Egypt.

At age 18, Truex began his Modified career at Wall Stadium in 1998. Despite missing the first half of the season, he finished sixth in points in the Modified division. Martin won his first feature on his eighth try.

In 1999, Truex placed third in points at Wall Stadium and won the prestigious Wall Stadium Turkey Derby, a race previously won by his father.

In 2000, he made the big move to the NASCAR Busch North Series. He finished 12th in point standings and second in rookie points. His first Busch North win came in his eighth start where he set a track record and led the race from flag to flag at New Hampshire International Speedway.

In his second season, Martin placed eighth in the point standings. He won races at Thompson Speedway and Stafford Motor Speedway. In 20 events Martin had two wins, one pole, nine top-five finishes and 11 top-10 finishes. he also tallied 14 top-10 starting spots in 20 qualifying attempts.

In 2002, Truex competed in the Busch North Series and made four Busch Series starts. He earned a series-high six Bud Pole Awards in the Busch North Series while setting three different track records.

With six top-fives and 11 top-10 finishes in 23 races, he finished 11th in points.

In 2003, Truex continued to race with his family-owned team in the North Series and won two races while driving a limited schedule.

He also drove a part-time schedule in 2003 for Chance 2 Motorsports, co-owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his stepmother, Teresa Earnhardt. He ran only 10 races that year, but finished with consecutive second-place finishes at Rockingham and Homestead -- his first top fives.

In 2004, Truex was tabbed to run his first full season in the Busch Series under the Chance 2 umbrella.

When away from the track, Truex enjoys fishing, hunting, four-wheelers, snowboarding and playing racing games on the computer."

theunions
03-07-05, 02:38 AM
Well he does play video games, you at least got that part right.

Sorenson was saying earlier that he had studied a tape of the CART race (presumably from Chip showing Kenny and their swan song victory), and that he would try to get a PS2 CART game which had the CART version layout on it.

Does the latter actually exist?

FRANKY
03-07-05, 02:57 AM
Sorenson was saying earlier that he had studied a tape of the CART race (presumably from Chip showing Kenny and their swan song victory), and that he would try to get a PS2 CART game which had the CART version layout on it.

Does the latter actually exist?

CART Fury has "Chicago Motor Speedway (oval) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (road-oval) Houston, Texas (street course); Long Beach, California (street course); Toronto, Canada (street course) Road America (road course); Surfers Paradise, Australia (street course)."

Not sure if there is a Fury 2.