PDA

View Full Version : Kids Today - :-|

racer2c
03-04-05, 10:43 AM
Garage Jumping (http://www.local6.com/money/4239256/detail.html)
...and suing when they fail.

Methanolandbrats
03-04-05, 10:55 AM
Unbelievable...it's not the jumpers fault, it's somebody elses fault. The Judge should toss the case out, tell the Dad his son is a f'n moron and disbar their attorney.

devilmaster
03-04-05, 11:04 AM
:shakehead

And its going to get worse. I saw a news report on how this is the lastest craze. Roof jumping is the latest thrill ride in the same vein as base jumping.

Meth is absolutely right how this should end.

Steve

G.
03-04-05, 11:51 AM
This kinda stuff scares me about my kids. Man, 80 foot fall and survived!

Don't let your young-un see Jump London.

Sad part: they will win, private owner is ruined due to some punk kid. Hope he kept up on the insurance payments...

Ankf00
03-04-05, 11:57 AM
:shakehead

And its going to get worse. I saw a news report on how this is the lastest craze. Roof jumping is the latest thrill ride in the same vein as base jumping.

Meth is absolutely right how this should end.

Steve

heh, in middle school we'd jump off near the top of our football field bleachers, and off the top of my garage too... but that was a 1 car garage, not this ****...

that explains my mental impairments though :gomer:

oddlycalm
03-04-05, 03:12 PM
Never a shortage of potential Darwin Award recipients. :shakehead

The private garage owner should have filed charges against the kid for criminal trespass and the emergency services people should have sent his family a bill for time & materials at a bare minimum. Let the family roll the dice with a trial judge in civil court if they want to, but putting the kid in kiddie jail for a few months on the criminal behavior beef would be sending the right message.

oc

Car-B-Q
03-06-05, 12:36 PM
Somehow I think just putting up a fence that the plaintiffs want will not stop this sort of thing. Even if they did, they would be suing because there wasn't a warning sign, or the fence wasn't high enough, or...

Too much "It's not my fault, I'm stupid. So it must be YOUR fault" thinking going around these days.

fourrunner
03-06-05, 04:07 PM
Was this kid drinking ??? The report seems to allude to that ...

Well he seems underage too me .... So he was drinking illegally, he virtually admits to being stupid ... then it's somebody elses fault because it happened

The Dad seems like a "little girl" who runs to a "Bottom Feeding Lawyer" because the moron that sprouted from his loins doesn't have a rational thought in his head!

Both the Father & his Son should be Shot to help save the species!

And that Fat Pig Lawyer too!

I mean this in the Nicest Possible Way!

rocket
03-06-05, 11:57 PM
I find it hard to believe they would win a lawsuit. I find it easy to believe there are people out there that really are this stupid...unfortunately.

For exposing me to such stupity, I'm suing OC. :p

The owners of the site can settle out of court (in Cleveland this year) for the price of a beer. :D

nrc
03-07-05, 01:23 AM
I find it hard to believe they would win a lawsuit. I find it easy to believe there are people out there that really are this stupid...unfortunately.

For exposing me to such stupity, I'm suing OC. :p

The owners of the site can settle out of court (in Cleveland this year) for the price of a beer. :D

It'll just get thrown out. We got a contract! :p

4. Off Camber is not responsible for the content of any message posted on this forum; each message is the responsibility of the user who posted it. You agree not to hold Off Camber responsible for messages posted by members of Off Camber.

Sean O'Gorman
03-07-05, 01:30 AM
I love reading stories like this because it makes me seem less dumb.

rocket
03-07-05, 02:55 AM
It'll just get thrown out. We got a contract! :p

Damn :cry: