PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

rabbit
02-25-03, 12:51 AM
I have a well worn Target Chip Ganassi Racing hat circa 1999. It was one of my favorite hats because it was broken in perfectly. I also have a Michael Andretti KMart/Texaco Havoline hat that he gave to me personally. (He used to be my favorite driver.) But I have NO desire to wear them (in public or otherwise) anymore. I need some suggestions for how to give them a proper, umm, burial. I have my own idea what to do, but I thought I'd solicit some suggestions first. Anyone?

rocket
02-25-03, 01:18 AM
Find out where Chip and Mikey's houses are, fill the hats with dog poop, put them on their front porch, light em, ring the doorbell & run:D

OK it may not be original, but it would make me laugh my butt off.:rofl:

RaceGrrl
02-25-03, 01:33 AM
Do you know someone with an outhouse? If so, drop them in, stir them around and repackage and mail them to those nice IRLers. In a pinch, you could drop them in a porta potty.

eric1
02-25-03, 01:56 AM
:p go to an IRL race and throw them in the stands noone will see you and they will be lost forever.

Warlock!
02-25-03, 08:48 AM
Send 'em back to Chip and Mikey, just like they are, with a short note letting them know you won't be needing them anymore.

Oh, and on the note, ask 'em if they'd like you to pick up a Players/PT hat for them, since you were ordering one for yourself ASAP ;)

Winter Warlock!

skidmarks
02-25-03, 09:29 AM
My suggestion would leave you chapped and clog your toilet.

IlliniRacer
02-25-03, 10:48 AM
I'm in the same dilema with all of my Andretti merchandise (a hat, 4 shirts - one autographed, and a couple of sweatshirts). When he was in CART he always had an autograph session at the truck stop across from Gateway. If he does that again this year I may take them over to him and tell him that I no longer need them. I root for drivers that are loyal and don't forget where they came from. Hopefully I can do it wearing an American Spirit hat and Oriol Servia shirt.

turn1
02-25-03, 11:15 AM
Interesting dilemna Rabbit. I have a bunch of Chipster merchandise from the Alessandro days. It is hard seperating the awesome aspects from the crappy!

rocket
02-25-03, 02:51 PM
You know we could just bring that type of stuff to RA or Mid Ohio, and burn it in the evening campfire. Tos in the ma hat...everyone does a shot, toss in the chipster stuff, do another shot.

turn1
02-25-03, 02:59 PM
Hmmm. Or we could give it to the fireworks guys in Cleveland so they can pack it in some of the shells and blow it up all over the track!

pchall
02-25-03, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
I have my own idea what to do, but I thought I'd solicit some suggestions first. Anyone?

Burn! Baby, burn!

:)

I was young in the sixties.

I still want a barn fire at Mid-Ohio for all the merchandise that now turns our stomachs...

rabbit
02-26-03, 11:24 PM
Warlock said what I was planning to do, send it back and tell them I don't need it anymore. But rocket and pchall's ideas are growing on me. Of course, as a non-biased member of the media, it would be unethical for me to do so in public. But if someone were to, say, organize a giant "traitor gear" bonfire at Mid-Ohio, it seems like a newsworthy item that would merit coverage by a sportwriter covering the race. ;)

turn1
02-26-03, 11:50 PM
Warlock said what I was planning to do, send it back and tell them I don't need it anymore. But rocket and pchall's ideas are growing on me. Of course, as a non-biased member of the media, it would be unethical for me to do so in public. But if someone were to, say, organize a giant "traitor gear" bonfire at Mid-Ohio, it seems like a newsworthy item that would merit coverage by a sportwriter covering the race. ;)

Dude you never cease to amaze me!
And I imagine that we could find several others from the tower to join you!

Sean O'Gorman
02-27-03, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Do you know someone with an outhouse?

He lives in Lima, what do you think? ;)

rocket
02-27-03, 02:22 AM

Ok, I have some "garbage" to toss on that fire too, I'll bring it along to MO and see what happens. Of course we would have to get some pix to send to Pook just to show him what die hard fans he has following him....then again, that might scare him a little.:D

JoeBob
02-27-03, 06:30 PM
I happened to notice this bit on andretti.com ( http://www.andretti.com/HTML/CoolStuff/FanStories/FanStories.asp ):

If you have an interesting story regarding one or more of the Andretti family, then Andretti.com is interested in putting that story into our news section. Please read the agreement below and if you agree, please submit your story and photos to fans@andretti.com

I wonder if they'd be interested in this one. ;)

RaceChic
02-27-03, 07:24 PM
I personally like the idea of bringing it to the drivers themselves in public at an autograph session and have every other driver (defected and otherwise) see that one!!! Put Dario back into unhappy tears...ROFLMAO!!!:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
Have one of us on stand-by taking pictures to give to Chris Pook and all of us wearing Crapwagon Shirts!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: