PDA

View Full Version : Congradulations to Steve Fossett

cart7
03-03-05, 04:04 PM
Landing safely in Kansas. New around the world record holder. :thumbup:

Wheel-Nut
03-03-05, 04:16 PM
Crazy! You may have enough fuel or maybe not. Either way, we'll pick you up!!

Congrats, now we need to get Branson to fund a couple of Champcars!!

spinner26
03-03-05, 04:51 PM
I suppose with enough money ANYTHING is possible. :shakehead We've got soccer moms and dads, truck drivers, retailers etc. complaining about fuel prices and the state of the economy and here is this chap going on adventure rides. Maybe things aren't so bad??????? :saywhat:

Steve99
03-03-05, 05:58 PM
Accomplishing it on the first try is kinda anti-climatic. Now what is he going to do?

Gnam
03-03-05, 06:19 PM
I'd like to know how long the AutoPilot was on, and if that fuel problem was real.

Call me when he jumps the Grand Canyon on a motorcycle.

G.
03-03-05, 06:29 PM
Accomplishing it on the first try is kinda anti-climatic. Now what is he going to do?go back (the long way)??

Methanolandbrats
03-03-05, 06:30 PM
I suppose with enough money ANYTHING is possible. :shakehead We've got soccer moms and dads, truck drivers, retailers etc. complaining about fuel prices and the state of the economy and here is this chap going on adventure rides. Maybe things aren't so bad??????? :saywhat: His flight gets a :thumbup: from me. Most rich guys just poke chicks, use people and act like ********s. He put up some cash and risked his life in the spirit of the first Polar Explorers. If it works it's cool, if it does'nt you're dead.

Audi_A4
03-03-05, 07:00 PM
I think its pretty cool that a rich dude with some spare funds has fun with the $$$$... go for it!

RichK
03-03-05, 07:04 PM
I suppose with enough money ANYTHING is possible. :shakehead We've got soccer moms and dads, truck drivers, retailers etc. complaining about fuel prices and the state of the economy and here is this chap going on adventure rides. Maybe things aren't so bad??????? :saywhat:

The fact that a race fan wrote this on a site dedicated to racing cars driven and owned by rich people is pretty funny.

Sean O'Gorman
03-03-05, 07:15 PM
The fact that a race fan wrote this on a site dedicated to racing cars driven and owned by rich people is pretty funny.

Even more ironic when you consider he drove an IMSA WSC in 1996.

Lizzerd
03-04-05, 12:22 AM

Oh please, be serious. It's not just an adventure ride, it's also a research project! Did you see the NASA patch on his suit when he got out of the plane? I don't think any of the suffering masses you seem to be so concerned with wll be affected by this project. :shakehead

The greatest adventurers are those who have everything to lose or nothing to lose if they fail. Fossett had everything to lose.

oddlycalm
03-04-05, 04:01 AM
Helluva flight, and a helluva record. :thumbup:

oc

cart7
03-04-05, 06:51 AM
:rolleyes: OOOOKKKKay, here's a guy who could be sipping $1000 vintage scotch on the veranda of any number of homes he owns in exotic locations and instead he's hanging his nuts on the line setting records.

I'll post this link of Fossetts accomplishments (http://www.stevefossett.com/html/main_pages/records.html) and then get back with me. ;)

KLang
03-04-05, 10:29 AM
Good job Steve Fossett!

Also a big :thumbup: to Burt Rutan and Scaled Composites for the Global Flyer.

Ankf00
03-04-05, 10:31 AM
he is teh pwn.

pfc_m_drake
03-04-05, 12:25 PM
Congratulations and great job by everybody involved!

spinner26
03-04-05, 03:51 PM
I think some of youn's read WAY TOO much into my original post ( #3 ). What I was sayin' is that if things are so bad then things like this heroic,scientific,challenging,stupendous, outstanding,overwhelming,immpressive,overachieving ,,,,,,,,,,,,, act would not be going on. Congrats Mr. Fossett and crew. :thumbup: :D

BTW if for some reason a member of his crew reads this board there are many racing teams out there that could use an influx of cabbage if you might have a little extra sitting around.

indyfan31
03-04-05, 07:06 PM
Money can buy you alot of things, and someone without money couldn't have done what he just did. HOWEVER, there are things money cannot buy, anyone that can finish the Leadville 100 and the Ironman has my respect. :thumbup:

Railbird
03-04-05, 08:55 PM
I guess I'm not a very deep thinker, I just thought it was cool.

Way to go Fossett, now go do something else to tweak our imaginations.

Anteater
03-04-05, 10:23 PM
Steve Fossett's accomplishments are mind-boggling! And according to what I've read, he achieved those mostly through hard work and determination. He graduated from high school in Garden Grove, CA--certainly not the poshest town in Orange County. Way to go, ex local guy! :thumbup:

Ankf00
03-05-05, 04:43 AM
We took this trip to garden grove
It smelt like lou-dog in the van
This ain't no reggae party $5 at the door
Get so real sometimes, who wrote my rhymes
I got the microwave got the vcr I got the duece duece in the
trunk of my car
If you only knew that all the love that I found
It's hard to keep my soul on the ground
Your a fool don't you f**k around with my dog
All I can see I steal as I fill up my garage
But my mind music from jamaica
All the love that I found, pull over there's a reason why my
soul is unsound
It's you it's that **** stuck under my shoe
It's that smell inside the van
It's my bed sheet covered with sand
Sitting through a ****ty band
Getting hassled by the man
Waking up to an alarm
Sticking needles in your arm
Picking up trash on the freeway
Feeling depressed every day
Leaving without making a sound
Pickin up my dog at the pound
Livin in a tweeker pad
Getting yelled at by my dad
Saying I'm happy when I'm not
Finding roaches in the pot
All these things I do
They're waiting para tu.

cart7
03-05-05, 11:10 AM
I guess I'm not a very deep thinker, I just thought it was cool.

Way to go Fossett, now go do something else to tweak our imaginations.

Now that you mention it 'bird, Fossett was on an interview this morning stating he's going to be looking at more inventive records to break. I'm looking forward to it. :thumbup:

Ankf00
03-05-05, 02:05 PM
someone needs to trek the marianas trench :cool: