PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2006 Germany

Ankf00
03-03-05, 11:12 AM
anyone here going?

the first ticket draw is going on right now, you have till march 31st to order tickets this go around...

I don't know what to order though, I could order team specific tickets, but if you do that for the first 3 games, you can't order an individual game tickets... you cant sell tix to games you can't make it to cuz there'll be microchips in the tickets w/ your name programmed in...

if anyone's going, what's your plan as far as tickets go?

WickerBill
03-03-05, 01:00 PM
Sorry bud, I'm just paying whatever it takes to watch it on PPV....

Gnam
03-03-05, 01:24 PM
Isn't watching soccer in Texas a felony or sumpthin'?

eiregosod
03-03-05, 06:08 PM
The qualifiers have still to be decided!

dando
05-02-06, 09:52 PM
Team USA announced:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=366677&cc=5901

Frankie making the team is a mild surprise to me.

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-02-06, 10:08 PM
frankie making the team is no surprise really, The Bruce likes him, dunno why though... I'd take Berhalter or Albright over him in a second, the douche makes too many mistakes due to his brashness and we don't need to be coughing the ball up that often. Either way, with Pope and Onyewu in the middle we'll be solid.

Personally I'm shocked Ching made the cut, who cares if he's been tearing it up in MLS for Houston, he's done nothing but choke away one scoring chance after another with the Nats. I would definitely go with Twellman over him, Twellman's produced in MLS and internationally

Loving the Dempsey & Convey. Hopefully Reyna pulls a groin or something and frees up a spot

dando
05-02-06, 10:11 PM
frankie making the team is no surprise really, The Bruce likes him, dunno why though... I'd take Berhalter or Albright over him in a second, the douche makes too many mistakes due to his brashness and we don't need to be coughing the ball up that often. Either way, with Pope and Onyewu in the middle we'll be solid.
Well, he's playing like cr@p for the Crew, but then again who hasn't. :( Perhaps Arena took pity on him playing in Cbus under Sig. :gomer:

-Kevin

skaven
05-03-06, 12:32 AM
I'll be in Croatia watching it on TV with lots of drunk German tourists. Does that count? :cool:

dando
05-05-06, 11:30 AM
Frankie blew out his ACL Sun, so he's done for the Cup.

And what's this about the US bus not being painted with the flag like the other busses? :saywhat: Are we really a bunch of pussies? :shakehead

-Kevin

eiregosod
05-08-06, 09:06 PM
Sven Goran-Erikson named his England squad.

:eek: he's taking a risk bringing in a 17 y/o (Theo Walcott) who neved played in the premiership. the kid has a lot of pace. that gamble could pay off.

dirtyboy
05-08-06, 09:23 PM
I’ll be at the USA opening round games. I’m skipping the USA v Italy game to check out the 24 Hours of Lemans, meeting up with Chop456 and Warlock!

I’ll probably have a beer or two – maybe something else when I stop off in Amsterdam before traveling to France.

Ankf00
05-08-06, 10:00 PM
McLaren named England's replacement too... right after Scolari said "**** off" and Hiddink signed w/ Russia. Talk about a slap to the face :laugh:

I think McLaren's better than his 'boro form is showing at present, but please, the fact that England can't do better speaks volumes.

3 cheers for The Bruce :gomer:

chop456
05-09-06, 01:18 PM
I’ll be at the USA opening round games.

In case you didn't know, XM has been running a World Cup program on Friday afternoons.

[Edit] http://www.xmradio.com/worldcup/index.jsp

eiregosod
05-09-06, 02:31 PM
McLaren named England's replacement too... right after Scolari said "**** off" and Hiddink signed w/ Russia. Talk about a slap to the face :laugh:

I think McLaren's better than his 'boro form is showing at present, but please, the fact that England can't do better speaks volumes.

3 cheers for The Bruce :gomer:

McLaren is flavour of the moment. he has been part of the England management setup for sometime. he has zero managerial success in his club career.

remember, the media hounds any England manager. No one who is sane enough or can earn a living elsewhere would work as England manager.

It must chap the asses of the ale-swillin, pork-pie eatin', lardass tabloid-know-it-all 4 star General that someone can play better football than they can and get to manage a football team.