PDA

View Full Version : Australian Beer

Methanolandbrats
03-02-05, 02:28 PM
I have decided to buy race weekend beer from the countries where the races are this year........are there any Australian Beers available in the US that don't suck? :confused:

RusH
03-02-05, 02:33 PM
You means there many that suck?
I guess Fosters don`t count, they`re brewed in Canada anyway. :shakehead

chop456
03-02-05, 02:41 PM
XXXX isn't as awful as Foster's. Good luck finding it, though.

racer2c
03-02-05, 03:18 PM
I have decided to buy race weekend beer from the countries where the races are this year........are there any Australian Beers available in the US that don't suck? :confused:

Good idea! I do that with food too. Mexican food, Mexican beer, Chinese Food, Chinese beer, German Food, German Beer. Well, you get the idea. :gomer:

The problem with F1 though is that for most of the races, I would have be drinking at 7:00 in the morning! :saywhat:

Ankf00
03-02-05, 03:32 PM
The problem with F1 though is that for most of the races, I
would have be drinking at 7:00 in the morning! :saywhat:

"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"

and do you have a Whole Foods or Central Market around? I bet they carry VB or Emu

Al Czervik
03-02-05, 03:36 PM
Good idea! I do that with food too. Mexican food, Mexican beer, Chinese Food, Chinese beer, German Food, German Beer. Well, you get the idea. :gomer:

The problem with F1 though is that for most of the races, I would have be drinking at 7:00 in the morning! :saywhat:

Just pretend you're back in college

JohnnyQ
03-02-05, 07:11 PM
Just start out with a case of American beer. By the 7th or 8th beer you won't know if it's Aussie beer or baby tylenol. :gomer:

Don Quixote
03-02-05, 07:42 PM

I've always thought this, but never could articulate it so well.

Sean O'Gorman
03-02-05, 07:50 PM

Wow, who would've thought something so insightful could come from you?

I think I've only drank in the morning once. It just seemed so, uh, wrong to start at 8 AM. Then again, maybe it was because it was in the parking garage at school.

Methanolandbrats
03-02-05, 07:52 PM
You means there many that suck?
I guess Fosters don`t count, they`re brewed in Canada anyway. :shakehead Kangaroo on those artillery shells mate, not an f'n moose :D

Sean O'Gorman
03-02-05, 08:16 PM
Kangaroo on those artillery shells mate, not an f'n moose :D

It is brewed in Canada. Imagine the shipping costs of exporting it straight from Oz!

From the Foster's Student Resource site: :rofl:

Question
Where do I find Victoria Bitter in the USA?

Answer
Victoria Bitter currently has limited distribution through ships stores on the east and west coasts (which do not sell directly to the public). Foster's Lager; the international flagship brand of Carlton & United Breweries and available in over 140 countries is available throughout North and South America. It is brewed under license in Canada by Molson Breweries and distributed throughout the US by Miller Brewing. Due to the laws of the Food & Drug Administration and US Customs it is extremely difficult to arrange personal shipments. Product requires additional labeling including the Surgeon General's Warning, in some states a license is required to receive alcohol and import tariffs are charged at a Federal & State levels which along with shipping costs makes the consignment very expensive. For these reasons we do not arrange personal deliveries and can only advise that it is a very difficult exercise.

Methanolandbrats
03-02-05, 08:29 PM
It is brewed in Canada. Imagine the shipping costs of exporting it straight from Oz!

From the Foster's Student Resource site: :rofl: Geez thanks dood, I'd did'nt know **** about brewing licenses. :shakehead How much to ship it? PRobably several times what it costs to put German beer on an f'n boat and let her rip.