PDA

View Full Version : Second Conquest seat

nrc
03-01-05, 11:02 PM
One big unknown remains in the Mi-Jack/Conquest equation for ‘05, namely a second driver. But not for want of candidates. Over the winter the team has tested a variety of drivers, including Matt Halliday, Ricardo Sperafico, Alex Figge, Romain Dumas and Bruce Jouanny. Although no final decision has been made as to the name of the second driver, Mi-Jack/Conquest is fully committed to a two car program in ‘05.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8722

What's the buzz? Tell me whatsahappenin?

Who's the favorite for this seat now?

lone_groover
03-01-05, 11:52 PM
See if it works this time:

Lettuce hope it's not Romain.

..........................tough room!

:laugh:

Beevis
03-01-05, 11:53 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8722

What's the buzz? Tell me whatsahappenin?

Who's the favorite for this seat now?Whoever can get the check to the shop first.

Dirty Sanchez
03-02-05, 12:13 AM
silly season in March :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
03-02-05, 12:41 AM
I doubt Daddy Figge will shell out more since he is already paying for ALMS.

Also Mathias Lauda is probably out at Forsythe now that he is confirmed at Coloni for GP2. Guess Niki figured why pay $3mil for Champ Cars when his no talent offspring can wank around the back of field for half that in GP2.

NismoZ
03-02-05, 12:16 PM
Since Timo Glock is now mentioned as the 3rd Rocketsports guy, Nicky Pastorelli may not be too busy, since Midland can't afford to test anyway...and he wants to RACE! (kinda like Pizzonia, but with a nicer boss.) He COULD still be available. Richard Lyons has dumped his agent and wants to get out of Japan (heck, 2 titles in one year, what's left?) LOVE to see him here. BOTH of these guys are still mentioning ChampCar as possible in '05, have THREE championships in their resume AND sponsorship. Wouldn't have to call 'em ride-buyers! Thing is, I don't think Conquest fits in with most guy's plans for taking a ride ONLY with a "top" team. Depends on how desparate they are, I suppose.

NismoZ
03-02-05, 12:40 PM
...AND Norbert Siedler tested REALLY well...but with Walker. I think Walker WANTS him. :)

extramundane
03-02-05, 01:45 PM
I doubt Daddy Figge will shell out more since he is already paying for ALMS.

Seeing as the Figges basically own PCM (and have Menard $$$ coming in, no less), Alex will be a little busy driving his Vette. Dumas kept his Porsche factory gig (as if he wouldn't, but some delusional folks seemed to think he'd throw it away for a Conquest ride-buy...), so he'll do ALMS with Alex Job.

Forza Lancia
03-03-05, 12:22 PM
...Nicky Pastorelli may not be too busy, since Midland can't afford to test anyway...and he wants to RACE! (kinda like Pizzonia, but with a nicer boss.) He COULD still be available. Richard Lyons has dumped his agent and wants to get out of Japan (heck, 2 titles in one year, what's left?) LOVE to see him here. BOTH of these guys are still mentioning ChampCar as possible in '05, have THREE championships in their resume AND sponsorship. Wouldn't have to call 'em ride-buyers!...
I agree that both of these guys would be great additions to ChampCar. Having champions from other feeder series should enhance ChampCar's international prestige, which seems to be the only hope at this point. Trying to build up any reasonable amount of domestic interest seems to be next to impossible in the current climate.

Easy
03-03-05, 12:26 PM
Lyons could always stay in Japan and continue to get paid to race.

NismoZ
03-03-05, 05:30 PM
True, but at 25 he's DONE that and I honestly believe, based on his quotes, that he's ready to move on. Walker has tested several hopefuls, less with the intention of finding a top driver than with landing a good sponsorship deal, I am afraid. It's not inconceivable that Walker may not run at ALL this season. His own analysis of the situation uses the word "bleak." :( It would be nice if Conquest could land ONE of these guys, as opposed to someone with less talent and experience....AND success.