PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Tickets

Brickman
03-01-05, 07:13 PM
Per e-mail from BMS:

"Public Suite Tickets

Let me emphasize first that we do not have any regular grandstand tickets available for 2005. The renewal rate on both races is around 99 % and to gain additional seats, Bruton is going to have to figure out how to build more seats. We are currently building 35 new skyboxes and you have the opportunity to enjoy the races at Bristol in the same style that our corporate partners do! They will be ready for the 2005 Sharpie 500.

Here’s the deal on the public suite tickets that I referenced. We already have two public suites above the Earnhardt Terrace and this one will be very similar to the existing suites. There will be 132 seats in the air conditioned suite and your ticket will be good for a minimum of six race days a year. Food and non-alcoholic beverages are included. Beer and wine coolers can be purchased. Access to the suite high above Turn 2 is by elevator.

The tickets are sold as season tickets only and the first batch will be sold for August 2005 and for the whole year of 2006 – that’s three race weekends! The price of the tickets will be $2,885 each and payment can be made in two different installments. I understand that is quite a bit more expensive than seats in the grandstands. But remember, these seats represent the best viewing experience that Bristol offers. They are competitively priced with suite seats at other NASCAR facilities."

Methanolandbrats
03-01-05, 07:31 PM
:saywhat: racin' for the masses

Dave99
03-01-05, 08:18 PM
$2,885.00, a Kleenex for your high-altitude nose bleed and you get to sit by this guy

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/redneck17-thumb.jpg

Sounds too good to be true. Boogedy, Boogedy, Boogedy Boyz... let's go racin'! :thumbup:

fourrunner
03-01-05, 08:53 PM
Isn't that the Governor & His First Lady ?

Brickman
03-01-05, 09:58 PM
$2,885.00, a Kleenex for your high-altitude nose bleed and you get to sit by this guy

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/redneck17-thumb.jpg

Sounds too good to be true. Boogedy, Boogedy, Boogedy Boyz... let's go racin'! :thumbup:

Nahhh he's sitting in I would say in Section A in Pearson Terrace (http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/images/04Seating.jpg). For $1,400 per person a weekend you only have to walk past him on the grounds. Then up the elevator to your airconditioned suite. I just wonder if the suites have Hepa Filters on their A/C in case someone decides to drink to much and emulate him... with an 8 instead of a 3 no doubt. ;)

RusH
03-01-05, 10:18 PM
Lets see, Bristol, or a USGP paddock pass?
Decisions, decisions. :gomer:

eiregosod
03-02-05, 01:39 AM
"But remember, these seats represent the best viewing experience that Bristol offers"

I dunno if it does. being boxed in a suite isn't the same as being amongst the rubes where the smell of the burnt rubber & oil add to the experience.

Winston Wolfe
03-02-05, 01:53 AM
not to mention the fact that Bristol is possibly the LOUDEST EMM-EFFEN race track in the friggin world.
Its like one giant circle.... 500 laps has got to make you completely worn out!
And that's just as a fan watching the goll-darn thang !

JohnHKart
03-02-05, 07:13 AM
I'd have to say Cup is more boring in person, while F1 in person just blows away what you get on TV.

John

Brickman
03-02-05, 01:56 PM
I'd have to say Cup is more boring in person, while F1 in person just blows away what you get on TV.

John

F-1 does it's job live. But I would say with what seems like 50% of NASCAR broadcast taken up by commercials live is better.

Skater_36
03-02-05, 02:39 PM
F-1 does it's job live. But I would say with what seems like 50% of NASCAR broadcast taken up by commercials live is better.

50%? The entire NASCAR race broadcast is like a 3 hour infomercial and the product/sponsor hawking by the "announcers" is over the top. The Larry, Darrell & Darrell show is unwatchable. Should be renamed "Hee Haw goes to the races".

eiregosod
03-02-05, 03:30 PM

John

nothing can ever prepare anyone for the sound of an F1 car!

I got hooked on the smell of the exhaust fumes

Andrew Longman
03-02-05, 05:14 PM
$2885?

In the late 70s I'd rent a Ryder truck with friends and park it in the infield at Pocono for Cup and Indy Car races. If I recall GA was $10 and to us something we had to budget for. But we thought it was a cheap way to sit out in the sun, drink some beer and hurt our ears. Genuine, non-nonsense fun. :D

But $2885? That's definitely in the "this hurts and I sure hope I'm doing the right thing category". Can't possibly have fun no matter how much "food and non-alcoholic beverages are included" .

But they're selling them. That's why they're building them. :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
03-02-05, 05:17 PM
The Larry, Darrell & Darrell show is unwatchable. Should be renamed "Hee Haw goes to the races". :rofl:

Brickman
03-02-05, 06:17 PM
50%? The entire NASCAR race broadcast is like a 3 hour infomercial and the product/sponsor hawking by the "announcers" is over the top. The Larry, Darrell & Darrell show is unwatchable. Should be renamed "Hee Haw goes to the races".

Haven't watched a full race with mute OFF since they started their Hee Haw version of announcing. I miss ESPN.