PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Mario!

nrc
03-01-05, 12:21 AM
Happy Birthday, Mario. Blow out the candles and slap some sense into that kid of yours! :thumbup:

racer2c
03-01-05, 12:41 AM
Go go Mario!

cart7
03-01-05, 06:20 AM
:thumbup:

NismoZ
03-01-05, 12:21 PM
Road America, 1980 Can Am (pretty sure) Early Sat. morning, raining...my young son and I are standing just outside the Haas tent in the paddock watching Mario get ready for the 1st morning practice session. (I was surprised to see him AT ALL, as I figured he was in Europe somewhere doing F-1, but Haas driver Alan Jones was hurt so Mario was substituting. Mario saw us standing there, smiled and motioned us in out of the rain. My little guy walked up to him and had him sign the program we'd just bought and Mario gave him a little head rub as Andy returned to me. I asked Andrew if he remenbered to thank Mario for the autograph, and he said, "No, he thanked ME!" (Guess who Andy's favorite driver was for the next 14 years!?) :)

JohnnyQ
03-01-05, 02:00 PM
Road America, 1980 Can Am (pretty sure) Early Sat. morning, raining...my young son and I are standing just outside the Haas tent in the paddock watching Mario get ready for the 1st morning practice session. (I was surprised to see him AT ALL, as I figured he was in Europe somewhere doing F-1, but Haas driver Alan Jones was hurt so Mario was substituting. Mario saw us standing there, smiled and motioned us in out of the rain. My little guy walked up to him and had him sign the program we'd just bought and Mario gave him a little head rub as Andy returned to me. I asked Andrew if he remenbered to thank Mario for the autograph, and he said, "No, he thanked ME!" (Guess who Andy's favorite driver was for the next 14 years!?) :)

Nice story! Beleive it or not my daughter and I had a simuliar experience with Michael at Nazareth Speedway.

Happy Birthday Mario and Aldo!