PDA

View Full Version : A kinder, gentler, Paul Tracy

rabbit
02-24-03, 07:20 PM
“I got stuck behind Monteiro for 20 laps” he said. “I was significantly quicker, but I wasn’t quick enough in the right spots. I made a couple of attempts, but I wasn’t going to risk taking myself out of the race.

“I was getting pretty pissed off. They told me I was 17 seconds behind (Bourdais). I was getting ready to launch the chrome horn at him. A couple of times I got real close to his back wheels, I thought, ‘I’m just going to let off the brake and hit him and move him out of the way.’ But then I thought, ‘I better not do that, I don’t want to end up getting a penalty.’

“It crossed my mind a couple of times that I need to move this guy out of the way because I’m not going to get by him. Then the next lap, he locked his brakes, ran wide, and I got by him. Then I ran away from him like crazy.”
I smell a championship.

Wheel-Nut
02-24-03, 07:39 PM
The one time I heard them cut to PT's radio he was speaking "Tracy-ese"!!

turn1
02-25-03, 11:18 AM
I could kick myself for not dialing in to the Players in-car radion until after this segment of the race. Bad Turn One, Bad!

HolyCrap
02-25-03, 05:30 PM
"KING ridiculous.

DaveL
02-25-03, 06:55 PM
Everytime we think Paul has finally matured and learned patience, he does something ridiculous at the next race that results with the car coming back to the paddock at the end of a hook.

Chaos
02-25-03, 07:16 PM
...and a warning from the officials :)

I think he'll be fine though.