PDA

View Full Version : No Mo' Access Motorsports

SurfaceUnits
02-20-05, 02:17 PM
Question: What is the news at Access Motorsports? Can we expect them to compete at all this year, or have they closed up shop? Last I heard, Greg was boasting that he was on the verge of closing on a sponsorship deal that would allow them to run two cars this year. (Chad from Anderson, Ind.)

Answer: There is a lot of news out of this team, but at the same time, no news. First of all, the team is now known as Greg Ray Racing because no one other than Greg has money to support the program. As of Feb. 10 there were two "employees" working at the shop in Indianapolis, but neither has been paid recently.

DaveL
02-20-05, 02:45 PM
As of Feb. 10 there were two "employees" working at the shop in Indianapolis, but neither has been paid recently.

2 employees seems about right. That's a lot of stuff to pack up to get ready for a discount sale, plus someone has to sweep and mop the floor when they're done.

Racewriter
02-20-05, 03:02 PM
One of the principals of the team (no, not Tiger Woods) was in heavy conversation with Rollie Helmling regarding the new Silver Crown program at PRI.

JLMannin
02-21-05, 12:27 PM
I was in Indy this weekend, and on the northern leg of the 465 loop, I saw a garage door in what looked like a strip mall style business park with an "Access Motorsports" sign above it. The space appeared to be smaller than a garage on galoline alley. I assume that this was the shop I want past.

Jervis Tetch 1
02-21-05, 12:47 PM
It was. BTW that's the old Della Penna Motorsports shop too.

Access is now supposedly Greg Ray Racing, which means there will be no racing from Greg Ray this year, next year and possibly the future.

I feel so sorry for them I could cry. :p

SteveH
02-21-05, 02:25 PM
Maybe Tony could buy it and name it Double Vision.

FCYTravis
02-21-05, 02:43 PM
^
|
:rofl: :thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
02-21-05, 03:22 PM
Maybe Tony could buy it and name it Double Vision.
Now I have to wipe the 7-Up off my screen. :gomer:
Thanks dude! :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
02-21-05, 05:18 PM
A Monument to the Vision

http://indybooks.net/data/MoNunnRacing.jpg

Al Czervik
02-21-05, 07:45 PM
A Monument to the Vision

http://indybooks.net/data/MoNunnRacing.jpg

Just drove by there today.

And yes, I do want a Yogi Bear button.