PDA

View Full Version : Now, I remember why I don't like Nascar....

Fio1
02-19-05, 04:55 PM
How anti-climactic was the Friday Night Truck finish and now the Busch Race? What a stupid rule Nascar came up with to decide a finish of a race. Didn't the IRL have the same stupid rule and got rid of it? With all the technology we have in the 21st century, the out come of a race is decided by how fast some over-weight official could push a button? Are you serious? :confused:

Now, the race is decided by when the yellow flag comes out, meaning that you are putting an official with a button in charge of the outcome of the race. So, what if this guy hesitates a little, and 1 race he waits 1/2 a second to the push the button and another race he waits 1 1/2 seconds? That could well change the outcome of the race like we witnessed the last 2-days. This stupid rule also allows the guy with the button to play favoritism or a bribe....The best bet coming out of Daytona is that the 500 will end under the same circumstances. :shakehead

Nascar is going backwards with these rules. They have all the opportunity in the world to make racing a big league sport and they come up with this Mickey Mouse deal. :rolleyes:

RusH
02-19-05, 05:32 PM
Jimmy on the radio "he pass me under yellow, he pass me under yellow!" :rofl:

Ziggy
02-19-05, 07:00 PM
homogenized competition

NASCAR is nothing but an event staged to sell T-shirts

:gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

JohnHKart
02-19-05, 09:58 PM
Five years ago I loved these Daytona races....now I put on as background noise while I read the paper. The great thing is though, with HANS devices, safer barriers and other items....I know when there's big crashes nobody's probably going to die. I've never liked crashes, but can breathe easier now.

John