PDA

View Full Version : TV ALERT for those with HD

DjDrOmusic
02-18-05, 05:07 PM
Sunday evening on INHD2, Super Speedway, the IMAX film that followed Mario Andretti will be shown. I've never seen it, so I'm waiting impatiently!!

TrueBrit
02-18-05, 05:18 PM
Sunday evening on INHD2, Super Speedway, the IMAX film that followed Mario Andretti will be shown. I've never seen it, so I'm waiting impatiently!!

COOL!!! :cool:

racer2c
02-18-05, 05:20 PM
I have it on DVD. Pretty good. Too much Mikey though. :)

KobySon
02-18-05, 05:32 PM
It looks great in Hi-Def. The best show on the networks right now (imho)! 5.1 sound too!

I haven't bought the DVD because I'm pledging not to buy anymore DVDs until HD DVDs come out.

racer2c
02-18-05, 05:36 PM
It looks great in Hi-Def. The best show on the networks right now (imho)! 5.1 sound too!

I haven't bought the DVD because I'm pledging not to buy anymore DVDs until HD DVDs come out.

That's at the end of this year with players being $1000 minimum. I'll wait until next spring when they're $200. :)

Don Quixote
02-18-05, 06:42 PM
I hate people with HDTV. :p

montlhery
02-18-05, 08:13 PM
I saw it at an Imax theater, which was a lot of fun. I also watched a lot of it being made at the tracks, so it was even more fun to see the end product.

Railbird
02-18-05, 10:04 PM
I saw it at an Imax theater, which was a lot of fun. I also watched a lot of it being made at the tracks, so it was even more fun to see the end product.

There on all counts montlhery

cool deal

Road America
02-19-05, 12:51 AM
While at Sears looking for a fridge tonight, I thought I heard a champcar doing a burnout in the distance. Over in the electronics section, all the hi def and wide screens are playing outtakes from Super Speedway. Some sort of demo vids for the store. That rocked, surrounded by champcars on widescreens with all the sound. :thumbup:

Helped take the pain out of shopping. :D

DjDrOmusic
02-19-05, 02:27 PM
While at Sears looking for a fridge tonight, I thought I heard a champcar doing a burnout in the distance. Over in the electronics section, all the hi def and wide screens are playing outtakes from Super Speedway. Some sort of demo vids for the store. That rocked, surrounded by champcars on widescreens with all the sound. :thumbup:

Helped take the pain out of shopping. :D

It also makes it easier to say "Yeah, Sure, Will and Grace would look great in HD widescreen...and since we have the income tax refund....and you know, you're right dear, that is a Champ Car, I hadn't noticed....hey look hun, according to this channel guide Barry Manilow is in concert next Thursday...you really want to get this instead of the washer and dryer? No, you're right dear, it is stress relieving for you to do the laundry at Suds of Fun, and you'll still be able to get together with your friend and shoot pool over in the bar while it's on the second rinse!"

Dr. Phil has nothing on me....Remember guys...It's NOT ABOUT YOU!! :rofl: :rofl:

KLang
02-19-05, 07:50 PM
It also makes it easier to say "Yeah, Sure, Will and Grace would look great in HD widescreen...and since we have the income tax refund....and you know, you're right dear, that is a Champ Car, I hadn't noticed....hey look hun, according to this channel guide Barry Manilow is in concert next Thursday...you really want to get this instead of the washer and dryer? No, you're right dear, it is stress relieving for you to do the laundry at Suds of Fun, and you'll still be able to get together with your friend and shoot pool over in the bar while it's on the second rinse!"

Dr. Phil has nothing on me....Remember guys...It's NOT ABOUT YOU!! :rofl: :rofl:

:laugh:

Don't forget, DiscoveryHD shows Trading Spaces also.