PDA

View Full Version : irl@St.Pete?

realchampcarfan
02-24-03, 02:58 PM
Want is the irl up to now,because there where a few of it's drivers and it's founder there at the race:confused:

racer2c
02-24-03, 05:29 PM
Did you see them yourself? Al Jr was there because of his son. I hadn't heard that TG was there.

oddlycalm
02-24-03, 05:45 PM
Having IRL shills at CART events seems to have become a modern tradition with CART. The drivers are not the issue, it's the 'consultants' that are there to do damage. They attempt everything from influencing media reports, finding talking points that are negative and simply spreading discord and negativity among those in the paddock. Compared to the tightly policed paddock at IRL events, CART has a wide open approach.

The best defense is to just proceed with the busineess of building a strong series.

realchampcarfan
02-25-03, 03:55 PM
No, but they where spot it the crowd by a report.

pchall
02-25-03, 04:04 PM
Their series is dying. They are looking for a place to race.

But these guys have no idea about what Real Racing and Real Sport is.

:P

Spicoli
02-25-03, 09:01 PM
I was there all 3 days and was pit/paddock the whole time. Only morons that I saw were Max & Opie. Opie was there to watch his kid race, and I've heard his kid doesn't care much for him anyway. Whatever.

I'm not sure as to the validity of the report - I would think that if TG was there, I surely would have seen or heard about it.

But it is funny to watch the lemmings try to come in and steal our ideas/sponsors/venues/teams/drivers. they've been doing that for years - and they STILL can't pull it off!

Looks like ___king Toney has the wrong kind of "magic dust".:shakehead

tantra
02-25-03, 11:40 PM
Of course Memo was there, but he has nothing to do with the other group. Eric was there, but then he is now ChampCar team owner.
Nigel and Emmo were there.
Max was in the booth Sat, and working a pit Sun.
Mario was there and signing merchandise in his trailer, as usual.
Wally was there, but he hasn't driven in over 25 years.
Newman was there, but he never did race on the other side.
And, last but not least, Father Phil was driving his motor scooter. I asked him if he was doing Indy this year and he assured me that he wasn't.

So, where does this "report' about guys from the other series come from? Or is that a secret?

Just more sturring the pot?

Spicoli
02-26-03, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by tantra
So, where does this "report' about guys from the other series come from? Or is that a secret?

Just more sturring the pot?

You might be right. They've already stolen everything that wasn't nailed down.

Have fun in Sparta boys!:laugh:

realchampcarfan
02-26-03, 05:35 PM
I read it on Champweb.net web site.

racer2c
02-26-03, 05:55 PM
Ever heard of coladin?