PDA

View Full Version : So. Cal. NASCAR fans - Feb. 24.

Anteater
02-15-05, 02:58 PM
My mother-in-law, who knows that we like racing but is unclear as to what series we follow (bless her heart), just informed me about something related to the Cup weekend at Fontana. It seems that there's going to be an event called "Racefest Downtown Fontana" Thursday 2/24 from 4:00 - 9:00 pm, featuring autograph sessions with 20 NEXTEL Cup and BGN drivers.

There's some information at:

http://www.fontana.org/main/comm_conn/racefest_0205.htm
http://www.californiaspeedway.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=227

But the huge 4-page insert that accompanied the Stater Brothers ad in yesterday's mail has the most detail about autograph times for specific drivers (I know some of you are into this sort of thing :D ). You can probably pick one up at Stater Brothers if you didn't get one in the mail.

I thanked my mother-in-law for the info and tried to explain which racing series we actually watch, but I don't think it quite sank in. Anyway, I told her that I have friends who like NASCAR, so I'd share the news with them. So here you are.

Winston Wolfe
02-16-05, 06:57 PM
THANKS ! Anteater !!!
Nuthin like a late afternoon drive out to Fontucky, to see a bunch of them good ol boys signing diecasts n' stuff...
Whaddya bet we'll happen to come across ol' Dave 99 out there, with some obscure hat from the late 80's ???? Or that ol' whippersnapper Manic with his buddy Gary and some poster from the "Winning Drivers from Riverside" ???
:D
I am truly blessed in the ticket department this year. I have been told that I am getting a full blown Team credenital for Hendricks Motorsports this year, and I will be out there all day Friday and Saturday. Could be the pinnacle of my ticket mooching career !!!! :thumbup:

Anteater
02-16-05, 09:02 PM
Good job on the ticket mooching, WW--that's quite a coup! :)

manic mechanic
02-17-05, 12:26 AM
THANKS ! Anteater !!!
Nuthin like a late afternoon drive out to Fontucky, to see a bunch of them good ol boys signing diecasts n' stuff...
Whaddya bet we'll happen to come across ol' Dave 99 out there, with some obscure hat from the late 80's ???? Or that ol' whippersnapper Manic with his buddy Gary and some poster from the "Winning Drivers from Riverside" ???
:D
I am truly blessed in the ticket department this year. I have been told that I am getting a full blown Team credenital for Hendricks Motorsports this year, and I will be out there all day Friday and Saturday. Could be the pinnacle of my ticket mooching career !!!! :thumbup:

Well, you have 2/3 of it right.

Gary has to work until 6, then drive the 30 miles on the 10 West. I anticipate seeing him there around 7PM.

Considering how NECKCAR drivers do their best to stay away from the fans, 20+ drivers in one place with Sharpies is a rarity outside Daytona or Charlotte.

Don't make me use your voicemail... :laugh: If you are on the inside, I could fly wing for you in a heartbeat.

manic

Brickman
02-17-05, 02:46 AM

Bought a few Hondas from Hendrick... just on wrong side of the fence. Enjoy! :thumbup:

Brickman
02-17-05, 02:55 AM
Considering how NECKCAR drivers do their best to stay away from the fans, 20+ drivers in one place with Sharpies is a rarity outside Daytona or Charlotte.

Or Watkins Glen, which use to get a great turnout for their Race Fever (http://www.gafferdistrict.com/Pages/events_racefever.html) in downtown Corning, but that was before NASCAR went through the ratings and attendance roof.

Anteater
02-25-05, 01:31 PM
So did any of you make it to this?