PDA

View Full Version : That ***** japanese ferrari crash video again

JohnHKart
02-15-05, 04:09 AM
Sheesh....as of a few minutes ago, I think I'm finally free of all the junk that was downloaded onto my computer by clicking on that blasted link. That's taken me two weeks of spy botting, ad aware, reloading Norton Anti Virus and using it several times, manually going through directories and removing stuff with the offending date of 1/30/05 330PM! The stuff even locked up my Ad Aware and rendered it nearly useless. Honestly I've had tons less trouble downloading other types of videos :( lately. Again, this was nobody's fault...so not blaming anybody, just glad the whole thing is over....at last....I think.

John

Kiwifan
02-15-05, 05:30 AM
Glad you got it sorted mate. Was it the short version? I downloaded the vid and had no problems but maybe I got mine from a different link?

I'm sorta paranoid about security so have things locked down pretty tight and have had no trouble so far but I know the sods will get me one day. :(

After hanging out here I head off to the security forum at dslreports.com to keep up with what the bad guys are up to. I say we should hang 'em, shoot 'em and shoot 'em again. A bit like what we want to do to TG. ;)

Rusty.

JohnHKart
02-15-05, 05:57 AM
Was the longer video.

John

mapguy
02-15-05, 06:37 AM
Try Microsoft's new AntiSpyware program. It's free and it is probably the best thing that Microsoft has released.

cart7
02-15-05, 08:59 AM
Don't feel bad John, I got the same crap. Sunday morn, I booted into windows and the video was completely messed up. :flame: I said the heck with it and did a complete fdisk and reload. Things are much better now. :cool:

JohnHKart
02-15-05, 06:07 PM
Try Microsoft's new AntiSpyware program. It's free and it is probably the best thing that Microsoft has released.

Ah tried it and it's no good on Millenium.....should have replaced Millenium on this computer as I know it's the worst OS ever...and so bad they no longer support it.

John