PDA

View Full Version : Cool New Rule...

NismoZ
02-14-05, 05:03 PM
...I approve of the idea to let pit box choice for races be determined by the previous race's results, not qualifying times. I believe race results will vary far more than qualifying and SHOULD count more, regardless of how "lucky" the finish may have been. Good idea, should help consistent performers.

Hard Driver
02-15-05, 10:40 PM
"Any team can have a good day at any given time, and we want to reward them when they do have a good event," Cotman concluded, "Anything can happen in a race, whether it be good or bad, and we want a team to get something out of it for their efforts when they do well."

Tony Cotman VP Operations CCWS

I like the concept, All the rules seem to be putting the teams in charge of their own destiny more. :thumbup:

racer2c
02-15-05, 10:49 PM
:thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
02-16-05, 10:05 AM
They should've done this years ago, but hey better late than never.

NismoZ
02-16-05, 04:51 PM
Actually, I THINK it used to BE done this way (?)

G.
02-16-05, 05:17 PM
Really, how did they do this before? It must have been based on the previous race's qualy time, now it's the previous race's FINISH time.

Or are you telling me the teams set up the engineering stand in the pits, run a couple of practice sessions, qualify, then pack everything up and move it to their new position in the pits? No way.

Sounds good, but a minor effect to a race.

NismoZ
02-16-05, 05:33 PM
You'd be surprised how important pit position is to teams and drivers. Fast qualifiers are usually fast all year, but if they don't finish well now they don't get top pit picks. Good. Good finishes SHOULD outweigh good qualifying. (in a way other than points)

mueber
02-16-05, 05:55 PM
It's a rule that rewards finishing well. That makes it a good thing.