PDA

View Full Version : Toyota's 2005 Baby was sooo ugly......

devilmaster
02-14-05, 01:29 PM
How ugly was she?

That she's already been traded in for a new one. (ba dum bum)

Toyota plan radical overhaul of TF105

TSN.ca Staff

2/14/2005

Toyota plan to introduce a brand new car when Formula One testing resumes Tuesday in Spain.

Technical director Mike Gascoyne says everything on the TF105 will be new, including undertray, rear bodywork, brake ducts and front wing - to name a few.

"Everything is different," he tells Autosport.com "Even the panels bonded on the sidepods have had to be taken off."

Toyota, who were the first team to unveil their 2005 challenger on January 8, have been off the pace in testing this winter. Gascoyne says the decision to overhaul the new car to this extent has meant extra work - and cost - for the team, but believes it is the right course of action.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?ID=114922&hubName=auto_racing

Methanolandbrats
02-14-05, 01:44 PM
Another Yoda POS :rofl: The new one will probably be even slower.

Fried
02-14-05, 01:48 PM
That's 0 for 2 with Gascoyne at the helm...I'm predicting Mr "There's NOTHING wrong with the TF104B" will be 0 for 3 (maybe even 3.5) by season's end.

Redwing
02-14-05, 02:52 PM
Looks like Toyota finally received their copies of Ferrari's '05 car drawings
from DHL express mail.

Michaelhatesfans
02-14-05, 03:00 PM
Have fun, Ralf! Ya dick...

rosawendel
02-14-05, 04:05 PM
somewhere, CDM is snickering....

Anteater
02-14-05, 04:23 PM
I find it interesting that Toyota has already replaced the car on the basis of so little testing. Guess they'll wait until later on in the season to blame the drivers. :rolleyes:

And I hope that CdM is snickering, too. I certainly am!

Methanolandbrats
02-14-05, 04:33 PM
This proves once again you need a lot more than a bottomless budget to go to the front of the grid.

ilferrari
02-14-05, 04:39 PM
I find it interesting that so many drivers and teams seem disappointed with their new cars. Maybe the new technical regulations have lopped off much more downforce than it seems on the face of it.

Railbird
02-14-05, 05:33 PM
McLaren and Renault seem to have a handle on the new regs.

Audi_A4
02-14-05, 06:06 PM
McLaren and Renault seem to have a handle on the new regs.
I would like to see Juan explode and will the title this year

oddlycalm
02-14-05, 07:24 PM
Guess they'll wait until later on in the season to blame the drivers. :rofl:

The Doctor
02-15-05, 04:26 PM
http://images.f1racing.net/large/39776.jpg

http://images.f1racing.net/large/39760.jpg

Well it did go faster.

1 F. Alonso Renault 01:14:991 110
2 JP. Montoya McLaren 01:15:227 82
3 R. Zonta Toyota 01:15:374 83

Dirty Sanchez
02-15-05, 05:02 PM
The fact that Toyota can come up with a revised car so quickly tells me two things: They've got biggie budget. Gascoyne has implemented a design structure that allows them to do things quickly/effeciently. Lots of teams are struggling with the new regs... laying this on Gascoyne is pretty stupid.

It also does nothing to vindicate da Matta. Nice try though :thumbup:

RichK
02-15-05, 05:06 PM
CdM was vindicated last year, anyway.

Railbird
02-15-05, 07:28 PM
Nice to have the budget to do it twice, better to be able to identify and address the shortcomings. Gascoyne is living up to his rep. Combine that with a bullet proof engine and even the nuerotic duo should score some points

RichK
02-15-05, 07:42 PM
"Why make one when you can make two at twice the price." :)

Fried
02-15-05, 11:15 PM
The fact that Toyota can come up with a revised car so quickly tells me two things: They've got biggie budget. which he's well on his way to burning through
Gascoyne has implemented a design structure that allows them to do things quickly/effeciently.gm recalls a vehicle and it reinforces questions about quality. an f1 team boss does the same and you praise him. :rolleyes: join me in the real world, will ya.
Lots of teams are struggling with the new regs... last year when mclaren failed with the mp4-19, they cleaned house. gasbag himself has been quoted as saying there's no excuses, so why are you making one for him?
laying this on Gascoyne is pretty stupid. in my best chris rock voice: "they spinning and spinning and spinning... :rofl:

Hard Driver
02-15-05, 11:23 PM
"I think it was the right thing to do. It probably was a different philosophy from what Toyota had operated in the past but it is far more flexible although in other respects it is also far more risky."
It definitely means we are busier and it is more costly but I think that is where Toyota needs to use its resources and to start behaving like a big team

Sounds like Gascoyne is whipping them into shape. They may take a step up this year.

Ankf00
02-16-05, 12:19 AM
gm recalls a vehicle and it reinforces questions about quality. an f1 team boss does the same and you praise him. :rolleyes:

there's just a slight difference between the realities of a one of a kind formula car that is constantly in development phase and a mass produced automobile sold to the masses which at a certain point gets to conclude its development phase...

just a slight one :rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
02-16-05, 12:34 AM
there's just a slight difference between the realities of a one of a kind formula car that is constantly in development phase and a mass produced automobile sold to the masses which at a certain point gets to conclude its development phase...

just a slight one :rolleyes: :rofl: A difference between GM and F1?...............ya sort of the difference between a garlic fart and Jean Patou's Joy

Ankf00
02-16-05, 12:43 AM
re-adjust sarcasm meter

Methanolandbrats
02-16-05, 12:57 AM
re-adjust sarcasm meter Laughing with you, not at you :thumbup:

Ankf00
02-16-05, 12:59 AM
in that case, **** it. :D

Fried
02-16-05, 09:32 AM

just a slight one :rolleyes:see mclaren's stillborn mp-4/19 then. same paradigm. heads rolled over that failure.

Dirty Sanchez
02-16-05, 10:19 AM
I'd say the expectations at McLaren and the expectations at Toyota are only slightly different... duh. Its clear that you have an axe to grind over da Matta's departure.

My question is who will you blame this year when he gets his ass handed to him? :laugh:

Fried
02-16-05, 11:44 AM
I'd say the expectations at McLaren and the expectations at Toyota are only slightly different... duh. Its clear that you have an axe to grind over da Matta's departure.quite the contrary. toyota's management have stated that there are no excuses this year. results alone will suffice. i'd say it's quite clear that you don't have a cogent defense for gasbag's 2 failures so far.

My question is who will you blame this year when he gets his ass handed to him? :laugh:go to m-w.com and look up the term "red-herring" :rofl:

Dirty Sanchez
02-16-05, 11:55 AM
seeing as how there haven't been any results this year... how can there be any failures? every year teams aim over their heads. few ever achieve their stated objectives. I suppose they should all be axed? you're just a bitter da Matta fanboy. :laugh:

btw, who was fired at McLaren from last year over the MP-4/19? surely the 18 was the bigger failure.

Fried
02-16-05, 05:55 PM
seeing as how there haven't been any results this year... how can there be any failures?the redesign is de facto evidence of a failure. testing has cnfirmed the lack of pace. the driver's and gasbag's own comments have confirmed the same. i'm certain you don't believe they're re-designing the car merely because they can.
every year teams aim over their heads. few ever achieve their stated objectives. I suppose they should all be axed?that's the reality of f1, crapus. williams fired he aerodynamicist responsible for the walrus nose. ove anderssen got "reassigned". if gasbag doesn't deliver, he'll face the same fate.
you're just a bitter da Matta fanboy. :laugh: i don't see what me or my views of cdm has to do with the tf105.

btw, who was fired at McLaren from last year over the MP-4/19? surely the 18 was the bigger failure.a quick google or a search on almost any f1 forum archive will reveal this. honestly, i'm not really motivated to do the heavy lifting for you on this one. i could live with the fact that you might think i'm talking smack...*shrug*

Dirty Sanchez
02-16-05, 07:27 PM
too funny dude... more than half of your 26 posts are about da Matta/gascoyne/toyota. and you wanna know why I call you bitter? its obvious on this forum and others that you blame him for ending your boys assault on F1... the sooner you get over it the sooner you'll feel better :laugh:

the 18 was the bigger failure, yet you say heads rolled over the 19. last I looked Newey (Gascoyne's equivalent) was still with the team. guess that sorta shoots that argument down. :o no heavy lifting required.

your venom is similar to a Villeneuve fanboy's against David Richards... only difference is that you're pretty much all by yourself on this one :rofl:

Railbird
02-16-05, 10:08 PM
Aren't there enough places to spew this smack without fouling OC?

Gascoyne and Toyota are looking at '05, shouldn't we?

tedious bs imo

racer2c
02-16-05, 11:34 PM
I'm a proud Da Matta and Villenueve fan boy.

Toyota blows chunks and will get their ass handed to them yet again this year.

Put that in a sack (whatever that means).

RichK
02-17-05, 04:57 PM
from SpeedTV.com today:

"Toyota’s revised TF105 continued to disappoint. The new car, which had been outpaced by its previous iteration so far this week, managed only 11th best in Ralf Schumacher’s hands."

Ankf00
02-18-05, 11:30 PM
I'm a proud Da Matta and Villenueve fan boy.

now why would you go and say a silly thing like that? :D

racer2c
02-19-05, 12:08 AM
now why would you go and say a silly thing like that? :D

Cuz I can't help it? :cry:

Fried
02-19-05, 03:15 PM
from SpeedTV.com today:

"Toyota’s revised TF105 continued to disappoint. The new car, which had been outpaced by its previous iteration so far this week, managed only 11th best in Ralf Schumacher’s hands."You forgot to put this at the end of the quote: :laugh:

:D

Dirty Sanchez
03-21-05, 02:18 PM
crow! :thumbup: :thumdown: :laugh:

racer2c
03-21-05, 02:59 PM
crow! :thumbup: :thumdown: :laugh:

After race two of 19? Sure, whatever Toyota fanboy.

Dirty Sanchez
03-21-05, 03:39 PM
they've already achieved their stated goal for 2005. mission accomplished. :o

racer2c
03-21-05, 03:46 PM

:rolleyes:

Dirty Sanchez
03-21-05, 04:19 PM
When asked about 2005 goals... Tstutomu Tomita replied "It is to score a point every weekend with consistency through the season. And, if possible, of course we want to be on the podium if circumstances allow."

Hard to argue with results... but feel free to give it a try. ;)

racer2c
03-21-05, 04:25 PM
When asked about 2005 goals... Tstutomu Tomita replied "It is to score a point every weekend with consistency through the season. And, if possible, of course we want to be on the podium if circumstances allow."

Hard to argue with results... but feel free to give it a try. ;)

No argument, I'm a big Trulli fan. This just solidifies your Da Matta theory. He sucked! :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
03-21-05, 04:38 PM
This just solidifies your Da Matta theory. He sucked! :gomer:Not really. The two aren't really even related... but if the issue was that da Matta and Gascoyne didn't get along and one of them had to go, I think its pretty clear that the right choice was made. :thumbup:

eiregosod
03-21-05, 04:44 PM

after the race: on the Tv there was a very relieved Richard Cregan who is their F1 team manager. their goal for 2003 was to score consistently in the points. They're just 2 years and $800m behind schedule ;)

Fried
03-21-05, 06:52 PM
re: gascoyne and cdm:

i have always stated 2 things:

1) cdm got a raw deal from gascoyne

2) my opinion of toyota (that their racing team is a mirror of their manufacturing operations --a soulless, corporate entity who bore me--)is unrelated to cdm

toyotaf1's success has not changed any of that. still, the entire team deserve credit for their success, however one fact is indisputable:

ralfie still sucks :laugh:

racer2c
03-21-05, 06:54 PM

i have always stated 2 things:

1) cdm got a raw deal from gascoyne

2) my opinion of toyota (that their racing team is a mirror of their manufacturing operations --a soulless, corporate entity who bore me--)is unrelated to cdm

toyota's success has not changed any of that.

as for toyota: the entire team deserve credit for their success, and, oh yeah:

ralfie still sucks :laugh:

:thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
03-21-05, 07:11 PM
Gotta look bad for CdM when it Ralfi all but 2 races in that evil Toyota to beat his best career finish. :gomer:

FTG
03-21-05, 10:34 PM
Maybe you guys who think it's all about the driver, and not how the engineers spent their last $200 million, can explain to me why Schumacher suddenly blows goats?

Methanolandbrats
03-21-05, 10:54 PM
Maybe you guys who think it's all about the driver, and not how the engineers spent their last $200 million, can explain to me why Schumacher suddenly blows goats? Because Schumacher ordered the wrong tires? :D

Ankf00
03-21-05, 11:04 PM
old car? *gasp*

racer2c
03-21-05, 11:41 PM
Gotta look bad for CdM when it Ralfi all but 2 races in that evil Toyota to beat his best career finish. :gomer:

With a new car and a new tech director? Keep tryin h8r.

racer2c
03-21-05, 11:43 PM
old car? *gasp*

We'll see won't we.

Methanolandbrats
03-21-05, 11:45 PM
ralfie still sucks :laugh: Ralf has more wins and more podiums than most of the people on the grid. He ain't his brother, but he doe'snt suck.

Dr. Corkski
03-22-05, 01:57 AM
With a new car and a new tech director? Keep tryin h8r.New car was having the same problems at Oz with the same tech director. Took them all but 1 race to fix it. Must have been magic.

Dr. Corkski
03-22-05, 02:08 AM
Because Schumacher ordered the wrong tires? :DWell, the fanboys of another former WDC seemed to have bought that after Oz. :D

racer2c
03-22-05, 11:29 AM
New car was having the same problems at Oz with the same tech director. Took them all but 1 race to fix it. Must have been magic.

That's a stretch.

oddlycalm
03-25-05, 03:01 PM
Looks like Toyota may be changing their team management.
Management change at Toyota? (http://www.autosport-atlas.com/grapevine.aspx?id=43156&s=5)

Fried
03-25-05, 05:09 PM
"subscription required" :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
03-25-05, 05:43 PM
short version... gascoyne to gain more control. no mention of da Matta :gomer: