PDA

View Full Version : Only in America...

Sean O'Gorman
02-11-05, 07:56 PM
...could a drive-thru line at McDonalds be six cars deep while no one is waiting in line behind the counter. :rolleyes: Stupid fatties, I guess they are as dumb as they are obese.

If I can find a way to make money off of America's fat dumb people, maybe then I could afford to race whatever I want. :D

And for the record, I wasn't eating there, I was just picking up food for customers...I have to drive with the windows open the whole way back to keep the stench out.

indyfan31
02-11-05, 08:04 PM
Well, at least you're not bitter.

Methanolandbrats
02-11-05, 08:31 PM

If I can find a way to make money off of America's fat dumb people, maybe then I could afford to race whatever I want. :D

Start a popular internet forum :D

nrc
02-11-05, 09:02 PM
I have my own plan.

SeanO, did I mention that we're charging you a $0.25 a post now? :p

Anyway, I love Sausage McMuffins and Chicken-like nuggets.

Methanolandbrats
02-11-05, 10:31 PM
Eating at McDonalds is a religious sacrament. Paul Newman has made it so. A breakfast burrito, salad or McChicken won't kill you.

Sean O'Gorman
02-11-05, 11:59 PM
I have my own plan.

SeanO, did I mention that we're charging you a $0.25 a post now? :p

Anyway, I love Sausage McMuffins and Chicken-like nuggets.

What? With all the insight I add to this forum, I should be charging [I]you[I/] for my genius posts. Why I think this place dropped 10 IQ points when I had to spend my 24 hours sitting in the corner. :D

McNuggets are okay, and I like the shakes, but I don't eat at McDonalds more than a few times a year. Now I feel guilty since they are so tight with Champ Car. The place just annoys me, especially the "I'm Lovin' It" ads.

racer2c
02-12-05, 12:04 AM
I swore off McDonalds for 15 years, chocking it up to a place soccer moms take the kids after practice and their food a processed joke. One day this past year my wife says "Let's go get some McDonalds french fries". I say, "I like Wendy's". So we went to McDonalds.

Not having been in one in about 15 years, I was impressed with how clean our corner McDonalds was. Spotless. Extremely spotless. I figured, heck, I'm here, I'll get a Big Mac for old times sake. Along with her fries, my wife got a salad. The salad was surprisingly edible and my Big Mac with fries was awesome.

We drove to Florida for Christmas to see my folks and stopped at a McDonalds for a quick breakfast. I got one of their new McGriddle things and after two bites I was convinced they were injected with crack. I got one every morning there and back.
I'm always amazed with how long the aroma lingers in the car when you get it to go though. Must be the fry grease. But oh do those fries rock.
I still prefer Wendy's burgers, but I have to give some props to Mickey D's for keepin' a tight ship.

racer2c
02-12-05, 12:14 AM
Coincidentally, I just saw this on CNN.com. McDonalds Pays 8mil in Trans Fat Settlement. (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/11/transfats.settlement.reut/index.html)

rabbit
02-12-05, 01:02 AM
I got one of their new McGriddle things and after two bites I was convinced they were injected with crack. :thumbup:

As far as dinner items, I'm hooked on the Chicken Selects w/ the buffalo sauce right now.

Michaelhatesfans
02-12-05, 03:31 AM
It's not like there's a shortage of them these days, I'm afraid. :(

Robstar
02-12-05, 08:47 AM
six cars deep while no one is waiting in line behind the counter. :rolleyes: Stupid fatties, I guess they are as dumb as they are obese.

It's a good thing that you happened to be there at the time... :thumbup:

:shakehead ;)

peelo
02-12-05, 01:39 PM
Coincidentally, I just saw this on CNN.com. McDonalds Pays 8mil in Trans Fat Settlement. (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/11/transfats.settlement.reut/index.html)

That guy (the plaintiff) is a jerk. There are creepy places serving food with bad oil everywhere: at the mall, on the corner, next to the interstate. Heck, he could've walked up and down the food vending area at any Champ Car race and found a whole lot of really bad food ... oh, but wait, that would be without the name recognition and deep pockets of McDonald's.

I don't even eat McDonald's more than a few times a year either but I sure like knowing it's there. In fact, maybe I'll go over today and get a Chicken McGrill -- yummers!

dando
02-13-05, 08:57 PM
What? With all the insight I add to this forum, I should be charging [I]you[I/] for my genius posts.

Well, it's a good thing you aren't relying on your genius on tag coding.... :p

-Kevin