PDA

View Full Version : Robin Miller on Vision Racing

RichK
02-11-05, 05:05 PM
A good one!:

SPEED TV Commentary (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/15120/)

Wally
02-11-05, 05:35 PM
.... :laugh: ... :thumbup:

Winston Wolfe
02-11-05, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry fellas.
I'm a CART\ OWRS \CCWS fan.

What Robin says is abso-friggin-lutely "spot on", and apart from a bit of wit, a dose of sarcasm, and not missing an opportunity to slam the Cokehead, his statements are right on.

For the life of me, I cannot fathom how this will be\ can be spun over at TF, yet the faithful KoolAid guzzlers over there will find a way to say that Robin is being overly harsh, cant understand that THIS WAS Toknee's "real" vision, and any other idiotic, moronic and otherwise brain dead "newly discovered" position they can take on this subject.

I have decided that the only way we get one OW series back is when Little Lord Sagamore, the self appointed saviour of OW in North America, is no longer on this earth, and making a permanent long distance phone call in a dirt covered horizontal wooden phone booth. End of story.

Tony is whack.

Spicoli
02-11-05, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry fellas.
I'm a CART\ OWRS \CCWS fan.

What Robin says is abso-friggin-lutely "spot on", and apart from a bit of wit, a dose of sarcasm, and not missing an opportunity to slam the Cokehead, his statements are right on.

For the life of me, I cannot fathom how this will be\ can be spun over at TF, yet the faithful KoolAid guzzlers over there will find a way to say that Robin is being overly harsh, cant understand that THIS WAS Toknee's "real" vision, and any other idiotic, moronic and otherwise brain dead "newly discovered" position they can take on this subject.

I have decided that the only way we get one OW series back is when Little Lord Sagamore, the self appointed saviour of OW in North America, is no longer on this earth, and making a permanent long distance phone call in a dirt covered horizontal wooden phone booth. End of story.

Tony is whack.

No, FTG is about as intetresting and appealing as a yeast infection.

dando
02-11-05, 07:22 PM
WW, I donned the full-body condom (like the one in the movie Naked Gun) the other night, and the TFers were actually almost giddy that FTG was fielding a team. Heck, some of the gomers were trying to spin Curry's involvement to mean that Tony Stewart would come back to the .1RL. I kid you not. They must have the Kool Aid firehose on over there. :shakehead

The truth is truly stranger than fiction.

-Kevin

Winston Wolfe
02-11-05, 07:37 PM
They must have the Kool Aid firehouse on over there. :shakehead

The truth is truly stranger than fiction.

-Kevin

LOL! Doesnt strike a very "appetizing" visual, but I see where you're going with that one !!!! :rofl:

nissan gtp
02-11-05, 08:33 PM
"Irony Racing" :rolleyes:

this is biggie funny stuff

nrc
02-11-05, 09:10 PM
The interesting question is, why didn't he just pay Kelly to field a team? I'm guessing that the answer is that nobody can raise even a wiff of sponsorship to support the charade so they expect of a cut of Tony's cash for their trouble. Tony figures that he may as well cut out the middleman and save a few bucks.

The sad irony is that when George objected to car owners running the series it was an association of car owners. While their were a lot of people looking out for their own interests, at least there were enough checks and balances in place to keep thing on an even keel. It was only when Tony yanked the 500 out from under them and the truckloads of yen became the only way to make money that things went seriously sour.

Now we're talking about the series "dictator" owning a car. How can anyone who objected to CART support that.

Oh yeah, the Kool Aid. :shakehead

JoeBob
02-11-05, 11:16 PM
I'm guessing that the answer is that nobody can raise even a wiff of sponsorship to support the charade so they expect of a cut of Tony's cash for their trouble. Tony figures that he may as well cut out the middleman and save a few bucks.

Apparently, at the "Vision Racing" Press Conference, TG said that as of now his team does not have a single sponsor.

Its all being paid for out of his pocket

racer2c
02-11-05, 11:46 PM
The only 'vision' the princeling ever had was being boss.

FCYTravis
02-12-05, 12:10 AM
The "Vision" was always about making sure my no-talent stepson had a ride.

racer2c
02-12-05, 12:21 AM
The "Vision" was always about making sure my no-talent stepson had a ride.

Ah, the power of the female persuasion. I can hear it now. "Tony, if you don't get Ed his own car, I'm leaving you! No Tony, I don't care how much cocaine you have. Our pool boy has better stuff anyway. Now get Ed his own team damn you!"
If he''s coming home to that every night, who can blame the gomer!

:)

oddlycalm
02-12-05, 04:37 AM
Only thing I can figure is that TG is peeved that he only came in 7th on SI's 10 Dumbest Moments In Sports competition and is looking to shoot for the top spot for the next 50yr anniversary. IMO he has a strong shot.

oc

Ziggy
02-12-05, 06:29 PM
^^^^ :rofl:

NismoZ
02-13-05, 01:46 PM
TG..."The Greatest Obstacle In Racing"

Jervis Tetch 1
02-13-05, 01:52 PM
I really hope this "vision" costs him tons of money in smashed chassis', blown engines, ruptered gearboxes and court costs when Curry embezzles millions from him.

FTG :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
02-13-05, 02:41 PM
Personally, I'm still a fan of the "fatal helicopter crash into the Pagoda" method of getting rid of the Idiot Grandson. :thumbup:

SurfaceUnits
02-13-05, 04:26 PM
Tony George is the Yasser Arafat of open wheel racing. Period.

JLMannin
02-13-05, 04:54 PM
Tony George is the Yasser Arafat of open wheel racing. Period.

Yasser Arafat's grandfather on his mother's side was once the ruler of Palestine? :gomer:

SurfaceUnits
02-13-05, 05:25 PM
You've never heard of Anton Arafat? :)

racer2c
02-13-05, 09:27 PM
You've never heard of Anton Arafat? :)

We have a new name to ad to the list! Tony's getting to be like Satan i.e. many names for the evil one. :)

Kahauna Dreamer
02-14-05, 01:38 AM
Only thing I can figure is that TG is peeved that he only came in 7th on SI's 10 Dumbest Moments In Sports competition and is looking to shoot for the top spot for the next 50yr anniversary. IMO he has a strong shot.

oc

Vision Man's got a lock on that one.

Napoleon
04-03-05, 11:51 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

I watched less then a half a dozen races in the last 9 months, have not cracked open my Racer magazine or logged on to a racing site in that time.

Is this serious, the idiot grandson started his own team and named it Vision Racing? You have to be kidding.

SurfaceUnits
04-03-05, 12:40 PM
Yasser Arafat's grandfather on his mother's side was once the ruler of Palestine? :gomer:Just as Arafat's departure rekindled the possibility of MidEast peace, George's departure will allow for peace in open wheel racing. And that's the bottom line.

Sean O'Gorman
04-03-05, 12:46 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

I watched less then a half a dozen races in the last 9 months, have not cracked open my Racer magazine or logged on to a racing site in that time.

Is this serious, the idiot grandson started his own team and named it Vision Racing? You have to be kidding.

You done getting caught up on February yet? ;)

Napoleon
04-03-05, 01:02 PM
You done getting caught up on February yet? ;)

I guess. What other surprises out there. Cosworth bought by Champcar's owners? D. Patrick in the Earl?

Michaelhatesfans
04-03-05, 01:55 PM
The main highlights being him walking around with a crew shirt with a big Toyota logo on it - surely to Honda and Ford's delight. And, the crown jewel, being interviewed while sitting in the pits watching the monitor stating, (no joke) "It's kind of boring watching it this way."

Oh, the things you've missed. :cool:

Napoleon
04-03-05, 02:13 PM
The main highlights being him walking around with a crew shirt with a big Toyota logo on it - surely to Honda and Ford's delight. And, the crown jewel, being interviewed while sitting in the pits watching the monitor stating, (no joke) "It's kind of boring watching it this way."

Oh, the things you've missed. :cool:

Truth is stranger then fiction.

Did the Lemmings go nuts?

Jervis Tetch 1
04-03-05, 06:40 PM
Just as Arafat's departure rekindled the possibility of MidEast peace, George's departure will allow for peace in open wheel racing. And that's the bottom line.
:thumbup: