PDA

View Full Version : The Ed Carpenter Rule

Racewriter
02-10-05, 05:52 PM
In looking at the fact that Ed Carpenter is running in the Indyana-apolis Yacht Club Racin' League this year, while Jay Drake (an actual winner and champion) must serve an apprenticeship in the IPS, I came up with a rule that I'd like to suggest to all openwheel sanctioning bodies. It should be used to determine licensing:

If a driver is able to comfortably list EVERY RACE WIN in their entire careers (not counting go-karts) on their bio, and it still fits on one page, then they don't get a license.

Worse, if they don't have any wins and can only list podiums, they get an atomic wedgie in front of a packed grandstand for even THINKING that they belong in big league racing.

What do you think?

RacinM3
02-10-05, 06:15 PM
I think you better legislate a font size.

JoeBob
02-10-05, 06:18 PM
I'm thinking I'd like the be the one to give Danica Patrick her Atomic Wedgie: http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/drivers/driver_bios.php?driver_id=259

Dave99
02-10-05, 07:48 PM
How can Danica go wrong with the IRL fans with a pet miniature schnauzer named Billy Bob. :thumbup:

:laugh:

Steve99
02-11-05, 03:23 PM
How can Danica go wrong with the IRL fans with a pet miniature schnauzer named Billy Bob.

Enjoys shopping

Maybe she can join the Andretti team when they expand to 8 cars.