Sean O'Gorman
02-09-05, 03:35 PM
http://www.indycar.com/indycar/news/story.php?story_id=4021

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Car #20? What, was 9.453 not available?

chop456
02-09-05, 03:41 PM
Now that's funny. What a maroon. :laugh:

The way you spelled "swear" was funny, too. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
02-09-05, 03:49 PM
Now that's funny. What a maroon. :laugh:

The way you spelled "swear" was funny, too. ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sware

I was speaking in past tense, duh. :D

cart7
02-09-05, 03:49 PM
Larry Curry as team manager? How sweet of FTG to aid in the rehabilitation process.
He'd better keep an eye on the IMS logo ashtrays around the pagoda while ol Larry's around. :laugh:

Spicoli
02-09-05, 04:03 PM
There is humor all over this:

"Vision Racing" :gomer:

"Special Ed"

"Larry Curry"

At least Eye-Vee will have him some cump-nee working for DFL.

*Ahh - Special ED finishered 2nd in the ROY standing? :saywhat: Who was 3rd?

nrc
02-09-05, 04:04 PM
Tony George, who in a decade has fulfilled his vision to assemble an exciting and vibrant oval-based racing series, announced Feb. 9 the organization of Vision Racing LLC that will field cars in the 17-race IndyCar Series and 14-event Menards Infiniti Pro Series. The No. 20 cars will carry an identical red, white and blue paint scheme.

You couldn't make something up any funnier than that.

chop456
02-09-05, 04:05 PM
I hear a lot of "Yes Dear, I know what I said, Dear. We'll find someone, Dear" echoing around the George mansion the last few months.

Never let throwing good money after bad get in the way. That's the recipe for success. :thumbup:

2DB
02-09-05, 04:05 PM
I thought that Vision was just a joke from around here but for him to actually name the team that, is a joke! The Clabber Girl First National Bank of Terra Haute Brickyard Crossing Resort Special brought to you by Grandaddy's Money Falcon Foyota. Sponsorship who needs that!

Kelvis

RaceGrrl
02-09-05, 05:10 PM
Well, I guess it's an aptly named car, since their cars do tend to crash and burn with regular frequency.

Steve99
02-09-05, 05:21 PM
Team manager Larry Curry said despite its late start and no on-track testing, Vision Racing intends to compete at the season openers March 6 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

This should be fun.

Gnam
02-09-05, 05:35 PM
This should be fun.
So when Ed crashes, can we ask "What went wrong with the Vision?" :p

Andrew Longman
02-09-05, 06:18 PM
So a drug addict hires a convicted felon to run a race team with a step-son driver who crashed out of six races last year and was fired, in a flawed and failing series the drug addict owns and "envisioned", in a race four weeks away with no practice, with no sponsorship? Did I leave anything out?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I can't wait. Add 'em to an already full and quality field.

I actually thought it was a joke when I heard the name Vision Racing being thrown around. And I had to check that the link wasn't to some crapwagon.com spoof.

No you can't make this stuff up.

I'd like to think that TG has a huge sense of humor about himself and said, "Yeah, go ahead and have a good laugh" but I doubt it.

Railbird
02-09-05, 06:22 PM
I heard about TG buying the team weeks ago, I just figured they'd drum up some Hulmanista for an "owner" and some half assed "paintjob" sponsor just to cover the facts that they're short on cars and Special Ed is just a little too special to get a ride anywhere else.

TG owning is just amazing, but maybe the first honest thing I've seen from him lately. "Honey the field has shrunk and your kid's a wank"

The Curry/Wardrop matchup is a classic with a lurid past.

Special Ed is, well, special.

I feel sorry for Jay Drake

Jervis Tetch 1
02-09-05, 06:26 PM
Wait'll Larry Curry gets a hold of Anton's money. We'll see if his itch comes back.

Dr. Corkski
02-09-05, 07:12 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rabbit
02-09-05, 07:26 PM
I feel sorry for Jay Drake
No kidding. This certainly can't be good for his career.

Or health.

Spicoli
02-09-05, 07:27 PM
http://www.indycar.com/indycar/news/2005/series/images/ecarpenter-cvr-02092005.jpg

:gomer:

RichK
02-09-05, 07:59 PM
That picture is priceless, as is this thread! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SteveH
02-09-05, 08:09 PM
Yawn. :confused: So what? Now its official that TG is propping up the series, what else is new? :p :gomer:

TorontoWorker
02-09-05, 08:29 PM
With all this family money being blown out the tailpipe of the .RL and now this warmed over team; my question is what ever happened to the rumered lawsuit that TG's sister had started about six years back. I remember reading the report one day on IndyStar and then... *poof* it disapeared as if it was never there. Now unless I was dreaming... what happened to this suit? I also read a reference to it on 7thGear way back, but Google search after search turns up nothing about it. Interesting huh?

Either she was paid off and the suit dropped, or it was found without merit and kicked, or the wine from downunder was real good that day. (Drinking Yellow Tail right now as a matter of fact.)

Does anyone else remember this? I recall it was based on TG blowing the family fortune with no real hope of profits anytime soon putting the family's business as well as the Speedway at risk. His sister is or was on the board, perhaps they voted her off? She must own a slice of the pie that looks to be getting smaller and smaller.

Too bad it's not a public company - we would be able to see the year end statements.

Hot Rod Otis
02-09-05, 08:36 PM
http://www.indycar.com/indycar/news/2005/series/images/ecarpenter-cvr-02092005.jpg

That picture deserves 4 :gomer: :gomer: :gomer: :gomer: 's

Wally
02-09-05, 08:48 PM
Can't really tell but is Larry boy still sportin the mullet?

Oh and..... :gomer:

Railbird
02-09-05, 08:51 PM
TW, there wasn't a lawsuit, just some reported grumblings.

cart7
02-09-05, 09:21 PM
I'd swear it looks like Larry's still in cuff's in that shot. :laugh:

Naw, probably one of those ankle collar thingies. :rofl:

dando
02-09-05, 11:13 PM
Vision = short version of Visible from Space :gomer:

-Kevin

racer2c
02-09-05, 11:19 PM
They all look high to me.

devilmaster
02-09-05, 11:22 PM
I wonder how all the other teams will feel when Vision wins the first 10 races? :gomer:

Steve

fourrunner
02-09-05, 11:22 PM

:gomer:

Uh Oh .. Looks like Curry spotted an unattended wallet! :eek:

They're too Happy ... I bet they're not wearing pants!! ;)

racer2c
02-09-05, 11:26 PM
It's nice to see they could all dress appropriatly for a press conference. Doesn't Tony George own a racetrack? I think the kid with the big smile changed my oil the other day. Seriously.

Methanolandbrats
02-09-05, 11:47 PM
No f'n way this thread is real. Is it April?

TorontoWorker
02-10-05, 12:06 AM
TW, there wasn't a lawsuit, just some reported grumblings.

Too bad. Perhaps where there is smoke...

chicanor
02-10-05, 09:27 AM
"blurred vision" racing ?? Funny how he looked down upon series owners who own a team, what a coincidence! If he can't run a series, how the heck does he think he can run a team?... what a schmuck!! oh yeah, new to the site, long time lurker, first time poster. and... :gomer:

trauma1
02-10-05, 09:31 AM
FTG's new sponsor
http://www.kraftfoods.com/koolaid/2001/images/ka_J10_sf_ka_man.gif

trauma1
02-10-05, 09:36 AM
new associate sponsor

http://www.amw.com/images/header_img_logo.gif

Methanolandbrats
02-10-05, 10:08 AM
What a collection of talent. They should pass on the IRL and start an F1 Team.

DjDrOmusic
02-10-05, 10:32 AM
Why do I get a Caddyshack feeling about this team..."but PaPa Tony, I don't want to play race driver anymore!"..."YOU'LL DRIVE THE CAR AND LIKE IT!!!" :D

Andrew Longman
02-10-05, 11:34 AM
I love this piece of spin:

"It's something I haven't done up to this point, but Kelley's decision to get out created a great opportunity for someone."

See:http://www.canada.com/sports/auto/story.html?id=8457169b-5b4e-46b0-aa33-222151287dd8&page=1

JLMannin
02-10-05, 12:40 PM
I worked for a manager once that forbade us from calling problems "ploblems" and ordered us to refer to them as "opportunities". I see that TG has this management style as well.

KaBoom21
02-10-05, 01:28 PM
"Tony George, who in a decade has fulfilled his vision to assemble an exciting and vibrant oval-based racing series"

Exciting and vibrant? Sounds like they're describing an activity program for senior citizens.

nrc
02-10-05, 01:38 PM
"blurred vision" racing ?? Funny how he looked down upon series owners who own a team, what a coincidence! If he can't run a series, how the heck does he think he can run a team?... what a schmuck!! oh yeah, new to the site, long time lurker, first time poster. and... :gomer:

Welcome!

Accipiter
02-10-05, 01:51 PM
FTG is taunting us now. Apparently he's proud of his mess.
:rolleyes:

chicanor
02-10-05, 02:00 PM
Welcome!

thanks, should i be bringing some beer??

chicanor
02-10-05, 02:01 PM

apparently, his vision is blind... he's ruined everything!! :shakehead

RaceGrrl
02-10-05, 02:16 PM

Yep. In the same kind of way a toddler is when he learns how to poop and wants to show it to you.

nrc
02-10-05, 02:27 PM

That might win you the "favorite new poster" award from some folks here. :)

devilmaster
02-10-05, 02:31 PM

Is it Good Beer?

Steve

Andrew Longman
02-10-05, 03:34 PM
Robin is a hoot:

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/15120/

“Seeing Eye Dog Motorsports”. Or possibly “The Good, The Bad & The Convicted”. How about “The Latest Spectacle In Racing”?

"But here we are, 10 years removed from "Tony's Vision" and what have we got? Two series struggling for survival, abysmal attendance, not enough cars or owners to contest Indianapolis, pathetic TV ratings, two engine companies dictating drivers and one sprint-car guy with a full-time ride who sits across from George at Thanksgiving dinner."

"Some may call that a vision. I call it an eyesore."

:rofl:

trauma1
02-10-05, 03:38 PM
here's FTG's new shop, Curry should feel at home :laugh:

http://www.cpa.eku.edu/images/c1-20.gif

chicanor
02-10-05, 03:39 PM
Is it Good Beer?

Steve

is any beer BAD??

trauma1
02-10-05, 03:41 PM
try black label or cold spring :thumdown:

Spicoli
02-10-05, 03:46 PM
try black label or cold spring :thumdown:

Snob.

trauma1
02-10-05, 04:06 PM
hell it was desprite times the place only had 2 beers, and they were both of them, and if anyone ever tried cruzcampo beer in Spain, you shudder when you take the 1st sip, but after the 6th ot 7th who cares :rolleyes:

Easy
02-10-05, 04:13 PM
There is humor all over this:

*Ahh - Special ED finishered 2nd in the ROY standing? :saywhat: Who was 3rd?

TBA

pineapple
02-10-05, 07:07 PM
Desperate times call for -- a NEW vision. :gomer:

The 4 Visionaires should provide some good entertainment this year.

dando
02-10-05, 07:15 PM
No. Everytime we have beer here, Ank invites himself over and all heck breaks loose. ;) :gomer:

-Kevin

oddlycalm
02-10-05, 08:41 PM
I worked for a manager once that forbade us from calling problems "ploblems" and ordered us to refer to them as "opportunities". I see that TG has this management style as well. Easy to spot the ones that have been to rehab, isn't it...? :D

oc

TorontoWorker
02-10-05, 09:54 PM
Why do I get a Caddyshack feeling about this team..."but PaPa Tony, I don't want to play race driver anymore!"..."YOU'LL DRIVE THE CAR AND LIKE IT!!!" :D

This sounds more like Monty Python's Holy Grail to me! (King looking out window) "Someday Son... all this will be yours..." (Kings Son dreaming of Swan Lake) "But I don't want it father... I want to SING..." [Fade to black - we hear a "thud" sound] :D

nrc
02-10-05, 10:10 PM
This sounds more like Monty Python's Holy Grail to me! (King looking out window) "Someday Son... all this will be yours..."

What? The curtains?

Ankf00
02-10-05, 10:22 PM
No. Everytime we have beer here, Ank invites himself over and all heck breaks loose. ;) :gomer:

-Kevin

not my fault your buckeye arse cant please your women, I'll need a cattle prod shock-stick next time for my safety :gomer: