PDA

View Full Version : Race Director

nrc
02-09-05, 01:28 PM
Looks like they're adding telemetry data to the Race Director package.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/RaceDirector/Offer.asp

Real Time Web Telemetry featuring, track map position, throttle, speed, gear, breaking and RPM information!

JoeBob
02-09-05, 01:37 PM
Real Time Web Telemetry featuring, track map position, throttle, speed, gear, breaking and RPM information!

Real time breaking information will only be available for the Coyne entries. ;)

pfc_m_drake
02-09-05, 02:18 PM
Ah, come on now...Servia had an absolutely fantastic year (IMO) last year. Personally, I think the Coyne operation has come a long way from where they were even not so long ago. Let's hope they keep it up.

JoeBob
02-09-05, 02:38 PM
It's a joke, poking at ChampCar's typo. :) Presumably, they'll have braking information, not breaking information.

If you go back through history, you'll find I'm one of Coyne's biggest defenders/fans.

pfc_m_drake
02-09-05, 02:55 PM
If you go back through history, you'll find I'm one of Coyne's biggest defenders/fans.

:)

Yes, I know you are. I figured I'd get a plug in for Servia while I had the chance though.

fourrunner
02-09-05, 04:45 PM
What other team can you name where the Owner, Driver, and crew hang out after the Race ( Laguna Seca ) and BS with the unwashed Fans for extended periods. Even after the crowds left.

Coyne was just thrilled with the well desrved attention, and he's a really nice guy ...

Hell Cork was treated like an "Official" Photographer ... Servia even broke out the trophy to pose with it for him ! :)

Great bunch of guys that Coyne Team and he has certainly been Loyal to Champ Car!! :thumbup:

indyfan31
02-09-05, 06:35 PM
I noticed the price jumped 50% from last year.

nrc
02-09-05, 11:08 PM

Race Director was $19.95 last year - by my math that's 25%. We'll definitely join but hopeully they'll sort offer an Inner Circle bundle a little earlier this year.

Audi_A4
02-09-05, 11:26 PM

RD should be free to fans or at least online audio and live timing

Sean O'Gorman
02-09-05, 11:33 PM
Quit whining about the price. I make less than I'm sure virtually everyone else on this forum (except the unemployed, of course) and I have no problem paying for it, so no excuses. :thumdown:

nrc
02-09-05, 11:34 PM
RD should be free to fans or at least online audio and live timing

I disagree. This stuff costs money to produce and nobody cares about it unless they're already a fan.

racer2c
02-09-05, 11:45 PM
I disagree. This stuff costs money to produce and nobody cares about it unless they're already a fan.

It would be interesting to know how many subscribers (income) they have to leverage against production costs. 5K? 10K? 50K? Just playing devils advocate, but it seems to me the CCWS could spot a measly $250K for such a service.

So they increased it by 25% this year which probably means it won't be around next year.

indyfan31
02-10-05, 12:19 AM
Race Director was $19.95 last year - by my math that's 25%. We'll definitely join but hopeully they'll sort offer an Inner Circle bundle a little earlier this year.

Must be that "new math". It was $20 last year, this year it's $10 more, that sounds like 50% more, but I'm old school.

Nobody's whining SOG so put it back in your pants. Some of us just have different priorities.

FRANKY
02-10-05, 01:22 AM
I think the new price will keep new fans from trying it.

Still it's 50% cheaper than NASCAR (http://www.real.com/partners/nascar/?pcode=nascar&cpath=R1R&rsrc=tpmain_)

nrc
02-10-05, 01:35 AM
Must be that "new math". It was $20 last year, this year it's $10 more, that sounds like 50% more, but I'm old school.

Nobody's whining SOG so put it back in your pants. Some of just have different priorities.

My bad. I read it as 24.95.

Tim
02-10-05, 02:38 AM
I don't care how much it is. It's cheaper than upgrading my cable to get speed.

pfc_m_drake
02-10-05, 10:22 AM
I don't care how much it is. It's cheaper than upgrading my cable to get speed.
Maybe yes and maybe no for some people.

I agree that a one time charge of $30 isn't bad. However, the 'hidden cost' for Race Director is the $25-$50 (or more) per month for the broadband internet connection that you'll undoubtedly want to have to take full advantage.

So, if you already have broadband access, great. If not, then in reality, Race Director might not be a viable option (depending on your individual circimstances).

mexican
02-10-05, 11:25 AM
in my case that is true. I moved into a new place a month ago and have not gotten cable yet and don't intend to anytime soon. other than watching the food network I really don't miss having 57+ channels around.

but I did contract the highest speed broadband available :D

I use the internet for more things than just watching auto racing, so it's also a case of killing 2 birds with one stone, but a large part of the reason was RD. still... I'm paying less for my internet access than I would for basic cable.

it's paying for itself anyways, all the money I save at the record stores ;)

Dirty Sanchez
02-10-05, 01:43 PM
skip. no way do I support this idea. qualifying should be free. timing and scoring should be free. I would not pay for less...

Beevis
02-10-05, 03:26 PM
it seems to me the CCWS could spot a measly $250K for such a service.Easy to say when it isn't your $250K.

KLang
02-10-05, 04:04 PM
$2.13 per race covering every session of the weekend. Half that if purchased with the Fan Club. Worth every penny to me. :thumbup:

racer2c
02-10-05, 04:10 PM
Easy to say when it isn't your $250K.

That goes without saying. But yes, you are correct.