PDA

View Full Version : New McDonald's Sandwich

IlliniRacer
02-08-05, 04:05 PM
Can't take credit for this - but did get a chuckle:

McDonald's today announced a new sandwich. It is called the "McNabb." After you pay for it, the clerk either throws it on the floor two feet away from you, or into the hands of the guy behind you in line.

RichK
02-08-05, 04:06 PM
I'd hit it!

Opposite Lock
02-08-05, 04:28 PM
The staff will also be in absolutely no hurry to bring the sandwich up to the counter, and will in fact take so much time in doing so that the restaurant will be closed before you've had a chance to eat it.

rabbit
02-08-05, 05:23 PM
http://raceweather.homestead.com/files/rodney.JPG

SteveH
02-08-05, 06:16 PM
Be careful, that sandwhich when consumed can induce choking.

Dougrun
02-08-05, 06:30 PM
good one! :rofl:

Racing Truth
02-08-05, 06:42 PM
The staff will also be in absolutely no hurry to bring the sandwich up to the counter, and will in fact take so much time in doing so that the restaurant will be closed before you've had a chance to eat it.

:laugh: :laugh:

That was the worst clock management I've seen in awhile.

FCYTravis
02-08-05, 06:52 PM
Awhile?

Worst. Clock. Management. Evar.

The McNabb, now served with Eagle McNuggets.

ferrarigod
02-08-05, 06:53 PM
I guess Rush Limbaugh was right :)

Ankf00
02-08-05, 06:55 PM
I guess Rush Limbaugh was right :)
uh, not quite, guess who's made it to the NFC championship 4 years in a row?

while he choked in crunchtime, he still threw for 357 and 3 td's...

depth charts are based on results and talent, not politics.

want overhyped? try boller or carr http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif

underhyped: roethlisberger

nrc
02-08-05, 08:51 PM
underhyped: roethlisberger

I think the Bergermeister got his share of hype this year. Certainly more than he looked worthy of in the playoffs.

Ankf00
02-08-05, 09:08 PM
true, but he's going through his checks and progressions with smoothness, he's not amazing, but he's not playing like a rookie does, whereas I can still turn on a ravens or texans game this season and hear all this crap about how great carr and boller are when, much like harrington, they have trouble hitting water falling out of a bucket.

so i suppose I think he's underhyped in that he's not overhyped as if he's already won titles like some other QB's who haven't :D we'll see if he keeps it together next year...

G.
02-09-05, 12:29 PM
I just read (in the Chicago Sun Times) that McNabb was totally out of it at the end. The wide receiver had to call one of the plays for him. He was mumbling and puking (but not visibly. Well, you get the idea.).

ETA full article:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/football/cst-spt-mcnabb09.html

McNabb choked up in huddle

February 9, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb was so ill in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl that a Philadelphia Eagles teammate called one play in the huddle, center Hank Fraley told a TV station.

''He fought to the end. He gave it his all,'' Fraley said on Comcast SportsNet in a show aired Monday night. ''He could hardly call the plays -- that's how exhausted he was trying to give it his all. If you remember back when we played Jacksonville two years ago and he ended up puking, it was close to that scene. He exhausted everything he had.''

Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko said Tuesday that McNabb wasn't injured during Philadelphia's 24-21 loss to the New England Patriots. However, Boyko said McNabb could have been feeling sick -- he fought a cold earlier in the week.

McNabb was shaky at times Sunday. He passed for 357 yards and three touchdowns but also threw three interceptions. He misfired on several passes early, held the ball too long at other times and made several poor decisions. One of the best scramblers in the NFL, McNabb had zero rushing yards on just one carry and was sacked four times.

He struggled in particular in the fourth quarter, getting picked off twice and looking slow in getting the team moving late.

''He didn't get a play call in one time,'' Fraley said. ''He mumbled, and [wide receiver] Freddie Mitchell yelled out the play we were trying to bring in. He was puking at the same time, trying to hold it in.''

McNabb left Tuesday for Hawaii, where the Mount Carmel alumnus will start for the NFC in the Pro Bowl on Sunday. His agent did not immediately return a phone call Tuesday.

stroker
02-09-05, 12:53 PM
Never mind McDonalds--what are Campbell's Chunky Soup sales going to do?

:p

RichK
02-09-05, 12:54 PM
I just read (in the Chicago Sun Times) that McNabb was totally out of it at the end. The wide receiver had to call one of the plays for him. He was mumbling and puking (but not visibly. Well, you get the idea.).

LINK (http://www.suntimes.com/output/football/cst-spt-mcnabb09.html) to the article.

G.
02-09-05, 01:00 PM
Rich quicker than G.

Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes...