PDA

View Full Version : Strong Ford Return Rumors...

NismoZ
02-08-05, 09:50 AM
Other sites are reporting the Amigos were in Daytona over the weekend and inked a 1 year re-up deal with Ford. It sounds like Davis wanted a 3 year deal, but KK is confident that other mfgs. want to badge the Cosworth soon, so he didn't want to be locked in long term. "Ford" on the cam covers plus whatever other support that entails. Good. CC keeps Ford for at least 1 more season as the KRL courts Hyundai!? (actually, I hope THAT rumor turns out to be one of those "others" in CC's badging plans.) :)

nrc
02-08-05, 12:55 PM
Other sites are reporting the Amigos were in Daytona over the weekend and inked a 1 year re-up deal with Ford. It sounds like Davis wanted a 3 year deal, but KK is confident that other mfgs. want to badge the Cosworth soon, so he didn't want to be locked in long term. "Ford" on the cam covers plus whatever other support that entails. Good. CC keeps Ford for at least 1 more season as the KRL courts Hyundai!? (actually, I hope THAT rumor turns out to be one of those "others" in CC's badging plans.) :)

At least badging makes a bit more sense now than when Ford owned Cosworth. Makers could pay Cosworth to create "Cosworth" versions of their cars and then promote the relationship by badging a Cosworth in CCWS.

I wonder if OWRs is also holding open the badging door for the possible return of whoever TG pisses off with his next engine package.

Wheel-Nut
02-08-05, 01:05 PM
At least badging makes a bit more sense now than when Ford owned Cosworth. Makers could pay Cosworth to create "Cosworth" versions of their cars and then promote the relationship by badging a Cosworth in CCWS.

I wonder if OWRs is also holding open the badging door for the possible return of whoever TG pisses of with his next engine package.

A return of the Cosworth Vega perhaps?
http://www.cosworthvega.com/gallery_pictures/1016201-1.jpg

FRANKY
02-08-05, 01:37 PM
I wonder if OWRs is also holding open the badging door for the possible return of whoever TG pisses of with his next engine package.

Smart thinking if so. Having Kosworth has put them in the driver's seat.

Andrew Longman
02-08-05, 01:47 PM
A return of the Cosworth Vega perhaps?
http://www.cosworthvega.com/gallery_pictures/1016201-1.jpg

Cosworth Vega? A work of absolute engineering genius (?)... wasted on a rattling bucket of rusty nuts.

Could this be the I4 spec being touted in the other thread? :rolleyes:

Actually I think KK may have wanted to limit the term of the Ford agreement to keep the decision on the engine spec open too. That and badging seem tied in some ways.

NismoZ
02-08-05, 03:19 PM
Oh, man...my brother and I wrecked one of those a LOOOng time ago. Used to "race" on sunday's in local sub-divisions under construction. :gomer: I still salute that big oak tree as I drive past!