PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Newman/DaMatta/Bourdais car?

Andrew Longman
02-07-05, 12:01 PM
I watched a lot of coverage of the race but missed seeing them go out. None of the recaps I saw mentioned the reason for the DNF.

Too bad. Not a very impressive showing.

Easy
02-07-05, 03:34 PM
An early off which led to the car being uh, "supported" by trailer straps. Didn't get much better from then on.

tllips
02-07-05, 04:42 PM
I saw them putting the straps on and Newman getting in the car. Did they just decide it wasn't worth continuing, or did something else go kaput?

NismoZ
02-07-05, 05:07 PM
I think the official reason for retirement was, "Disgust!"

TorontoWorker
02-07-05, 09:56 PM
I loved the part where SeaBass forgets about cold tires and what happens to braking points. Like a fish out of water... :D The U Haul straps did it for me. I'm like what the f...??? This is a PRO series??? ROL

Which team was using pop rivits and even these couldn't keep the back bonet on after going through a few spares before this. Engineering Romper Room style.

I gotta say the drivers in this series are either, 1/ very brave, 2/ very dumb, 3/ well paid or 4/ smoking BC Bud to put up with the crap I saw dangling around on the banking at three and a half times the speed limit.

dando
02-07-05, 10:15 PM
Which team was using pop rivits and even these couldn't keep the back bonet on after going through a few spares before this. Engineering Romper Room style.
Why that was one of Cheep's cars. I loved the comment near the end of the race about Cheep writing a bunch of checks. :rofl: That was right after the rear cowling blew off the second time. :)

-Kevin

Racewriter
02-08-05, 12:51 AM
It was badly driven and badly prepared.

Andrew Longman
02-08-05, 11:10 AM
It was badly driven and badly prepared.

A shame really. The NASCAR guys again got a lot of positive exposure and the rest, especially Champcar, probably hurt themselves. I don't need to see SeeBass spinning through the grass for the umpteenth time.

If they are agreeing to do this, which is good IMO, they need to be competitive.