PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Ads

nrc
02-06-05, 09:41 PM
Hmm. So far it's a pretty dull crop.

I laughed out loud at the FedEx commercial and the NFL commercial ("Knock it off!") so they've got the lead so far.

Did I miss anything?

Car-B-Q
02-06-05, 10:14 PM
Agreed, not many memorable ones.

But, I thought one of the Bud commercials were pretty good.

The one with Cedric on the stranded island...3 wishes.

He wishes for a beautiful woman, an endless supply of Bud, and another beautiful woman. Cut to the fantasy scene. You see two beautiful women walking along the beach, Cedric with a Bud saying "Oh yeah!". Then the two women start ragging on him to build a hut, and build a raft...

Cut back to reality and Cedric say "I gotta work on these fantasies".

Cut back to the fantasy and we see Cedric on the beach, with a dog and a big-*** BBQ.

dando
02-07-05, 12:09 AM
<yawn>

But I gotta admit that the godaddy.com spot caught my attention. :gomer:

-Kevin

racer2c
02-07-05, 12:22 AM
worst year yet for the commercials. But McCartney was ******* awesome.

manic mechanic
02-07-05, 12:36 AM
Did anyone else notice how many commercials involved a monkey?

Fox knows how to entice an audience..after all, NASCAR is only a week away! :laugh:

manic

tllips
02-07-05, 09:54 AM
I liked the one where the guy is in the convenience store talking on his cell phone (hands free) telling the other person that they are "being robbed." Then the store owner maces and beats him... :rofl:

My favorite sappy one was the Bud one with the GI's in the airport. I thought it was verry cool. :cool:

cart7
02-07-05, 12:10 PM
Enjoyed the Ford ads, didn't pay enough attention to any of it really.

rabbit
02-07-05, 01:53 PM
A full recap w/vids (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3379574?GT1=6083)

For my money, nothing is funnier than a dead cat. :rofl: ;)

(JK - don't send PETA to my house)

racer2c
02-07-05, 01:57 PM
IFILMS also has all of the commcercials available for streaming.

Link (http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/)

RacinM3
02-07-05, 07:14 PM
I thought the ad, with the one skydiver trying to entice the other scared skydiver out of the plane by tossing the 6-pack of beer out the open door, only to have the pilot come running back and jumping out to chase the beer, was pretty good.

"Dude, you're on your own......"

nrc
02-07-05, 11:47 PM
Just looking at the Fox page and it reminded me of how disturbing I found the Quizno's talking baby ad. :shudder:

Sean O'Gorman
02-08-05, 12:15 AM
Just looking at the Fox page and it reminded me of how disturbing I found the Quizno's talking baby ad. :shudder:

Yeah, I liked the Spongemonkeys much better. :D