PDA

View Full Version : Joe Buck = Idiot

j_d
02-06-05, 09:09 PM
Okay, I can't let this one go. During the Super Bowl, Joe Buck, in hyping the Daytona Snooze 500 in 2 weeks, just called it "the fastest" race/event in the world. What the ****?

I'll let you all have at it now.

Ed_Severson
02-06-05, 09:25 PM
He knows no more about auto racing than what the hillbilly-lovin' execs at FOX tell him he has to know.

Most of their audience isn't smart enough to know the difference; therefore it becomes truth.

JohnnyQ
02-06-05, 09:39 PM
Okay, I can't let this one go. During the Super Bowl, Joe Buck, in hyping the Daytona Snooze 500 in 2 weeks, just called it "the fastest" race/event in the world. What the ****?

I'll let you all have at it now.

I was thinking the same thing after the puppet spoke.

Railbird
02-06-05, 09:45 PM
Just bull**** hype imo.

Sean O'Gorman
02-06-05, 09:50 PM
Has Defender started a thread at TF demanding that FOX supply an apology yet? :gomer:

Railbird
02-06-05, 10:17 PM
He's talkomg to himself about this one (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54107)

SteveH
02-06-05, 11:45 PM
and me :D

Ziggy
02-07-05, 12:13 AM
What did you expect? NASCAR IS RACING IN THE US

It's the only series with any sizzle, like it or not, it kicks everybodys ***

Feed em beans.

devilmaster
02-07-05, 12:20 PM
Really? Buck said that?

Hmmm.... I guess after listening to Collinsworth-less for 5 minutes, i subliminally started to tune out the whole announcing crewe.

Steve

TravelGal
02-07-05, 05:32 PM
Really? Buck said that?

Hmmm.... I guess after listening to Collinsworth-less for 5 minutes, i subliminally started to tune out the whole announcing crewe.

Steve

dittooozzzzzzzzzzz

Actually, I think I may have heard that. I just figured it was copy from the ad campaign :p for the race.

Ankf00
02-07-05, 06:23 PM
I bet Fox is going to have Joe Buck calling college football when the new BCS contract starts...

oh the humanity!!!! :cry:

Steve99
02-07-05, 06:37 PM
Fox has been using that line ever since they started showing the Daytona 500. Guess I'm used to it by now.

pchall
02-07-05, 08:38 PM
Fox has been using that line ever since they started showing the Daytona 500. Guess I'm used to it by now.

I suppose it is worthless to point out their error. Have you paid attention to the rest of their programming? :(

IlliniRacer
02-08-05, 10:39 PM
Has Defender started a thread at TF demanding that FOX supply an apology yet? :gomer:

Someone compared it to "Bump Day". His response - "Quite obsessing and get over it." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh the irony!

nrc
02-08-05, 10:58 PM
What IRL fans have to understand is that Fox's writers simply used those terms for rhetorical reasons, i.e., to lend an air of excitement to the event, and certainly not to make some quasi-political statement. Whether it’s calling something "the greatest", "the biggest" or "number one", it’s a common and, in our opinion, not unethical technique when used purely for rhetorical reasons (as it was in this specific case). Besides, had they had done this with any politically driven motives in mind, I think we’d at least have attempted to cover our tracks with a little more finesse and subtlety.

:p

devilmaster
02-09-05, 12:55 AM
What IRL fans have to understand is that Fox's writers simply used those terms for rhetorical reasons, i.e., to lend an air of excitement to the event, and certainly not to make some quasi-political statement. Whether it’s calling something "the greatest", "the biggest" or "number one", it’s a common and, in our opinion, not unethical technique when used purely for rhetorical reasons (as it was in this specific case). Besides, had they had done this with any politically driven motives in mind, I think we’d at least have attempted to cover our tracks with a little more finesse and subtlety.

:p

Hmmmm, that sounds familiar.....

;)

JohnHKart
02-09-05, 07:54 AM
Hmm fastest race....I'm sure Skip Holm and John Penney, recent winning pilots of the US's actual fastest race, the Unlimited Gold in Reno would have some issues with that statement.

John