PDA

View Full Version : RHR at Rocketsports

nrc
02-06-05, 03:30 PM
Did I miss an announcement that RHR would be with Rocketsports this season? I suspected as much given his comments and the way seats were falling. Evidently he's running with them in testing at Sebring.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8684

Looks like Figge will get the other Conquest seat. Figge isn't without talent, but he's havoc on a stick. The guy is a rolling highlight reel. It's like Townsend Bell with half the talent. It's a shame Danica won't be around to kick his butt.

dando
02-06-05, 03:43 PM
Did I miss an announcement that RHR would be with Rocketsports this season?

Nope. Never saw anything announced about RHR. Third team in as many years. I hope he doesn't suffer from it.

-Kevin

RHR_Fan
02-06-05, 04:28 PM
Yay Ryan!!

Now I need the official announcement!

~Nicole

extramundane
02-06-05, 04:33 PM
Looks like Figge will get the other Conquest seat. Figge isn't without talent, but he's havoc on a stick. The guy is a rolling highlight reel. It's like Townsend Bell with half the talent. It's a shame Danica won't be around to kick his butt.

Seeing as Pacific Coast is running a C5-R in ALMS this year, and Figge's joined at the hip with PCM, I'd be highly surprised to see him w/ Conquest.

nrc
02-06-05, 04:52 PM
Seeing as Pacific Coast is running a C5-R in ALMS this year, and Figge's joined at the hip with PCM, I'd be highly surprised to see him w/ Conquest.

Joined at the hip, or joined at the checkbook? Maybe it's just another test like his test with Forsythe, but why would he bother if he's going with PCM? If Conquest weren't looking for someone with funding they'd have someone else in there.

Dr. Corkski
02-06-05, 06:06 PM
More like joined by the umbilical cord. :gomer:

Fabio and Figge in the same team is going to be a riot. Nothing like having the two biggest posers in racing under one umbrella.

NismoZ
02-07-05, 12:29 AM
No announcement, but no time (that I've seen posted for Glock yet, either)...Junky 50.98, AJ, 51.13, Vasser 51.24, Wilson 51.35, RHR 51.76, Figge 52.37...so how did Ranger, and jounnay and Glock do?? No "ride buyers", remember! I still think if Lauda comes up with 6 mil, he's in! SIX MIL! I haven't made that much in my entire freekin' LIFE!

extramundane
02-07-05, 02:21 AM
Joined at the hip, or joined at the checkbook? Maybe it's just another test like his test with Forsythe, but why would he bother if he's going with PCM? If Conquest weren't looking for someone with funding they'd have someone else in there.

Figge's dad is part of PCM's management. Conquest also tested Romain Dumas, who was/is under Porsche contract, so who knows what's up in Eric's world.

NismoZ
02-07-05, 10:21 AM
Here it is...Glock, 52.8...for what it's worth.

NismoZ
02-08-05, 09:41 AM
A little drama here...Corrected Glock time...51.75... (RHR at 51.76.) Same car, I believe. If RHR is in, it would be VERY nice if a kid like Glock could also find a place. He has really opened eyes down there. All are very impressed. Good luck to him, and CC, I might add! :)

NismoZ
02-08-05, 10:21 AM
PS...he also seems to fit a requirement here that he not be a "warmed-over F-1 reject," he's still heating up! I'd hate to think the only way he can get in is with $$$ over RHR.

Spicoli
02-08-05, 10:55 AM
A little drama here...Corrected Glock time...51.75... (RHR at 51.76.) Same car, I believe. If RHR is in, it would be VERY nice if a kid like Glock could also find a place. He has really opened eyes down there. All are very impressed. Good luck to him, and CC, I might add! :)

I just like the name Timo :D

Spicoli
02-08-05, 11:00 AM
We could call him "Timo Supremo"

:p

NismoZ
02-08-05, 11:06 AM
Nah, that sounds too Latin Coffee(ish). I was wondering if he has any gun manufacturers in the family? (Can he be #9 if he gets a ride? "Timo in the Glock 9 car!")

Spicoli
02-08-05, 11:32 AM
Nah, that sounds too Latin Coffee(ish). I was wondering if he has any gun manufacturers in the family? (Can he be #9 if he gets a ride? "Timo in the Glock 9 car!")

no way dood:

http://www.tvtome.com/images/shows/8/2/31-2975-sm.jpg

Teamo Supremo! Its a cartoon show!

Wheel-Nut
02-08-05, 12:07 PM

Timo in the Glock 40 car!

devilmaster
02-08-05, 12:47 PM
Timo in the Glock 40 car!

He's the Mall Ninja!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Steve

NismoZ
02-08-05, 04:33 PM
Ohhh...Disney, huh? I've got the parental lock on that!

Spicoli
02-08-05, 04:46 PM
Ohhh...Disney, huh? I've got the parental lock on that!

[defender mode]

Perfect sponsor opportunity - some broadcast partner we have - "deethpickabul"[/defender mode]

:gomer:

hey - this is a funny thread.

ncmlj
02-08-05, 05:32 PM
[defender mode]

Perfect sponsor opportunity - some broadcast partner we have - "deethpickabul"[/defender mode]

:gomer:hey - this is a funny thread. :rofl:

I like that one but, it should read DEPENDER

NismoZ
02-08-05, 05:47 PM
Funny, huh?...That's about the only reason I came here. A lot of other places are just filled with idiots. I want to be among FUNNY idiots!

G.
02-08-05, 06:12 PM
Funny, huh?...That's about the only reason I came here. A lot of other places are just filled with idiots. I want to be among FUNNY idiots!Jeebus, you came to the right place! :gomer:

TravelGal
02-08-05, 06:26 PM
I want to be among FUNNY idiots!

Well I'm gonna be laughing about that for the rest of the afternoon. Good one. And I heartily agree! :thumbup:

NismoZ
02-09-05, 11:52 AM
Well, crap...now adjusted times have RHR 8th out of 8 with times. Dinger and Wilson fastest, Glock and RHR 7-8. Hmmm.

Jervis Tetch 1
02-09-05, 01:29 PM
I think you'll see three cars at Rocketsports. Tag, RHR and Glock, loaded.

Tim
02-11-05, 01:38 AM
I hope RHR gets with a team that has a chance of winning. Rocketsports in my view would be a step back from HVM. However I never thought much of Tagliani so it wolud be nice for RHR to whoop his whiney ass on Sundays.

Spicoli
02-11-05, 06:16 AM
I hope RHR gets with a team that has a chance of winning.

Maybe he could go to Rahal?

Easy
02-11-05, 10:51 AM
Rocketsports needs to put their second chassis on a 7 post rig or tear apart the diff and find out what the hell is wrong with it. When Gidley and Smith can't fare any better than Phillippe in his first half-season...

If I'm Hunter-Reay or Glock I'm taking a hard look at Rocketsports second seat. Something needs to change for 2005 in addition to the wheelman.

Hopefully they get it figured out, I doubt Gentilozzi is happy with one of his cars wanking around the back.

NismoZ
02-11-05, 12:04 PM
I don't know about a 3 car team. I think the conventional wisdom says 3 is too many...UNLESS someone brings a bundle and says," PLEEZE!" What's Forsythe say, 6 million? RHR doesn't have that. Glock might. Maybe Lauda. Also hate to see a partial season effort. There's only so many seats worth spending all that money on and the buyers are bunching up at the top. I think the ideal situation would be if the fastest guy also had the most money, then we couldn't cry foul! I'm not beyond thinking the Amigos might share the expense of placing a guy like RHR in a car...SOMEPLACE! (THAT'D be a complicated contract!)

NismoZ
02-11-05, 12:11 PM
...and as far as that 2nd seat is concerned (and I bring NO expertise to this thought) maybe the problem in the team's mind WAS Gidley or Smith. It may be harder to blame the driver than the car, but I don't see those guys "testing" for the ride. I wish I knew, but I can't see Gentilozzi wanting anyone but the best driver he can find, given the economic realities of the day.

Spicoli
02-11-05, 03:10 PM
The money I have heard is 3mill for 1 car, 5 for 2 cars. And that's to be "competitive".

Sean O'Gorman
02-11-05, 07:58 PM
The money I have heard is 3mill for 1 car, 5 for 2 cars. And that's to be "competitive".

Is that what it costs, or is that what the driver is required to bring?

nissan gtp
02-11-05, 08:36 PM

dang that's cheap. amazing

Spicoli
02-12-05, 09:35 AM
Is that what it costs, or is that what the driver is required to bring?

Dumb question of the year award.

"Don't be stupid, stay in school."

Girls can be funner than the innernet.

Spicoli
02-12-05, 09:37 AM
dang that's cheap. amazing

My how the "Vision" has changed!

Seriously, I like it like this, and I do still wonder why we haven't attracted a few more team owners. Cheaper by at least half of .1RL.

Beevis
02-12-05, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=NismoZmaybe the problem in the team's mind WAS Gidley or Smith. [/QUOTE]And three drivers all found the same basic results with that bucket of garbage. What was the common denominator? (Hint, it wasn't the driver.)

Rogue Leader
02-12-05, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=NismoZmaybe the problem in the team's mind WAS Gidley or Smith. And three drivers all found the same basic results with that bucket of garbage. What was the common denominator? (Hint, it wasn't the driver.)[/QUOTE]

Ehh Gidley put up decent results for not having been in a champ car for over 2 years,thats what slowed him down not the car, it was only Phillipe who sucks and Guy Smith who dragged ass.

Sean O'Gorman
02-12-05, 01:56 PM
Dumb question of the year award.

"Don't be stupid, stay in school."

Girls can be funner than the innernet.

I didn't think it was that dumb, the team could already have some sponsorship built up that would count towards the budget.

And besides, its only mid-February, I still have plenty of time to top it :D

Spicoli
02-22-05, 10:53 PM
looks like RHR and Timo will be announced tomorrow.

DHL sponsorship. :thumbup:

Thanks for the mammaries Tags. :p

RHR_Fan
02-22-05, 11:35 PM
I'll have to check during school sometime, if I remember and get the chance.

~Nicole

NismoZ
02-23-05, 07:46 AM
But...BRONTE! :eek: :cry:

Ed_Severson
02-23-05, 09:50 AM
Didn't Tagliani recently sign a 3-year extension with Rocketsports?

NismoZ
02-23-05, 10:43 AM
So, 3, then? :cool:

skaven
02-23-05, 03:00 PM

2 DHL cars on the grid would be awesome ! ! !

I've been a loyal FedEx user for years (for business and PopOffValves CART VHS collection).... but I'd switch to DHL if they support the series.

Doesn't someone on this forum work for DHL?

skaven
02-23-05, 03:02 PM
100+ posts :)

mapguy
02-23-05, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the mammaries Tags. :p

Wasn't DHL supposed to be one of the primary sponsors on Playa Del Racing's dynamic duo of 'Special' Ed Carpenter and Arie 'I can't even win in MIPS' Luyendyk Jr?

Jervis Tetch 1
02-23-05, 11:11 PM
Yes it was Mapguy.

Hey, call me out if you must, but the day's come and gone and nary an announcement. Where's the news? Am I wrong for being impatient? Am I wrong for being cynical?

Ed_Severson
02-23-05, 11:15 PM
Am I wrong for being impatient? Am I wrong for being cynical?

No. And I'd still like my question answered. Am I the only one who remembers hearing about that contract extension?

UPDATE: Robin sez that Timo, Ryan, and Alex might be the next three-car uberteam, according to this commentary (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/15328/).

The piece also has a quote from Tony Cotman which addresses our earlier confusion about Champ Car's new rule, which some of us (myself included) interpreted to mean that Champ Car would not allow its teams to run at Indianapolis. Cotman says that the rule was put in place to prevent an IRL team from renting/leasing a Champ Car for testing purposes, because the Champ Car team could gain test data without using a test day.

Jervis Tetch 1
02-24-05, 10:09 AM
Thanks Ed. I seem to remember that contract vaguely.

TorontoWorker
02-26-05, 03:08 PM
Robin Miller is not affiliated with RACER magazine and his views are not representative of RACER or Haymarket Worldwide.

Hey, whats this all about at the bottom of his Speed article. Robin burn another bridge? :laugh:

nrc
02-26-05, 03:55 PM
Robin Miller is not affiliated with RACER magazine and his views are not representative of RACER or Haymarket Worldwide.

Hey, whats this all about at the bottom of his Speed article. Robin burn another bridge? :laugh:

Racer provides a lot of the content for Speed's web site. Miller works directly for Speed, I believe. Could be that the folks at Racer asked Speed to make it clear that Miller wasn't one theirs lest they should get kicked out of Tony's check of the month club.

Spicoli
03-08-05, 03:08 PM
hahahaha

told ya so, morons. :D never doubt me. :thumbup:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8734

LANSING, Mich. (March 7, 2005) Two-time Champ Car World Series winner, Ryan Hunter-Reay, teams up with Rocketsports Racing for the 2005 Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford season. The American driver was named to the Rocketsports entry officially Monday March 7, 2005. Hunter-Reay and Rocketsports enter their third year of Champ Car competition starting with the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach on April 10th.

The most notable of Hunter-Reay's victories is a dominating flag-to-flag victory at the 2004 Time Warner Cable Road Runner 250 presented by US Bank in Milwaukee. Hunter-Reay holds the Champ Car record for the most laps lead in a race, surpassing Nigel Mansell's record, became the first American in over 20 years to win in his Rookie season, and is the only American driver to win a Champ Car race in the previous two seasons.

Hunter-Reay is a pure product of the Champ Car ladder system having become the first driver of the program who started with the CART Karting Scholarship seat of the two liter Skip Barber Formula Dodge, then onto the Barber Dodge Pro Series and finally the Toyota Formula Atlantic Series before strapping into his 750 horsepower Cosworth powered open-wheel rocket.

Hunter-Reay looks forward to the opportunity to work with the Rocketsports organization piloting the No. 31 Rocketsports Lola. "It's a great move for me to continue my Champ Car career," said Hunter-Reay. "The potential to win races is there, proven by Alex's (Tagliani) win last year. Paul (Gentilozzi) has put together an excellent program and I feel that I will fit into that program very well and our driver/team learning curve will be short."

Rocketsports moved to a two car operation in 2004 after a successful 2003 season with two poles, two podiums and 11 top-10 finishes. Last year Tagliani handed Rocketsports their first victory at the Grand Prix of Road America in August.

Rocketsports owner, Paul Gentilozzi is confident that Hunter-Reay will add to the performance of the team. "Ryan is a great talent behind the wheel," said Gentilozzi. "There is a reason Ryan was honored with the Greg Moore Legacy Award last year. He is a well rounded driver and will bring a lot of knowledge and talent to Rocketsports.

Bringing Ryan in is a part of the continuing process to put the right people into place to build on the success we have had. With Ryan joining us in 2005, I expect to be a regular in victory circle this year."

NismoZ
03-08-05, 04:46 PM
So, Timo...? We morons await the announcement! :gomer:

Al Czervik
03-08-05, 05:16 PM
hahahaha

A stopped clock is right twice a day :D
<runs very quickly>

Spicoli
03-08-05, 06:15 PM
So, Timo...? We morons await the announcement! :gomer:

Timo comin soon. ****** comin soon too.

I can't wait to get a Teamo Supremo shirt!
:thumbup:

Spicoli
03-08-05, 06:15 PM
A stopped clock is right twice a day :D
<runs very quickly>

Dang. You'll have to try harder than that son. you need some hatin lessons.
:D

Al Czervik
03-08-05, 06:53 PM
Dang. You'll have to try harder than that son. you need some hatin lessons.
:D

You gotta start somewhere. Someday I'll get to the pros

nrc
03-08-05, 10:55 PM
hahahaha

And here I thought I started this thread.
:saywhat:

Spicoli
03-08-05, 11:39 PM
And here I thought I started this thread.
:saywhat:

I stole it and upped the ante 17 beers ago.

you can have it back now though. :D

RHR_Fan
03-09-05, 12:39 AM
Wouldn't be a thread about Ryan without me! :D

So Yay Ryan!! :)

~Nicole

rabbit
03-23-05, 01:34 PM
Timo comin soon. ****** comin soon too.

I can't wait to get a Teamo Supremo shirt!
:thumbup:
Not so fast, my friend! (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/15822/)

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/corso155espn091104.gif

racer2c
03-23-05, 02:13 PM
Not so fast, my friend! (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/15822/)

Quite the turn of events. Maybe he'll trade for JV. :D

The Doctor
03-23-05, 04:00 PM
Glock is in Sebring in the #8. Per AR1. :thumbup:

NismoZ
03-23-05, 07:53 PM
AND fastest on the day at 51.64. Looks too good to waste on "Friday" driving! Sign him before the sun sets! Tracy in at 51.76 and Jos pulls in 3rd with a 51.82 in his 1st Champcar ride ever! Wirdheim with Coyne, Mazzacane watching...where's RuSport?

dreamracer
03-23-05, 08:35 PM
RuSport was the one team not scheduled to test at Sebring, I believe.

thanks for the test times!

Spicoli
03-23-05, 10:06 PM

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/corso155espn091104.gif

Dont believe everything you read, Nellie. :)

Timo is in CCWS. Shizzy.

rabbit
03-23-05, 10:53 PM
Dont believe everything you read, Nellie. :)

Timo is in CCWS. Shizzy.
When one of your little predictions comes true, give me a call. I'd like to mark it in my calendar.

Spicoli
03-24-05, 12:41 AM
When one of your little predictions comes true, give me a call. I'd like to mark it in my calendar.

Waaaaaa! Railbird lite!
:p

You wanna put money on Glock at Rocketsports?

rabbit
03-24-05, 01:39 AM
Railbird lite!I'll take that as a compliment. :thumbup:

Spicoli
03-24-05, 05:56 AM
I'll take that as a compliment. :thumbup:

ahem.

You wanna put money on Glock at Rocketsports?

I suppose I'll take that as a "no"

rabbit
03-24-05, 09:47 AM
I suppose I'll take that as a "no"I never said he wasn't going to Rocketsports. I just pointed out an interesting development and then pointed out your notoriously poor track record on "insider" info.

You can keep your money. :gomer: