PDA

View Full Version : Fabio returns!

The Doctor
02-04-05, 03:02 PM
12-year old girls rejoice.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8680

Indianapolis, IN (February 4)—Mi-Jack Conquest Racing confirmed today that Nelson Philippe will return to the team for the 2005 season. Philippe, who joined the team during the 2004 season and promptly posted a run of strong finishes, was the youngest driver ever to make a Champ Car start at just seventeen years old, and the Frenchman is looking to continue his forward progress up the grid that he started with MJCR last season.
“I am excited to have Nelson returning to the cockpit of the MJCR Lola for the 2005 season,” said team owner Eric Bachelart. “Last year was a good learning year for Nelson, I believe in his talents and I know he has a lot of potential. I am pleased that we have the chance to sign Nelson early, as we can now begin building our future with him,” said Bachelart.

One significant hiring was the addition of Bruce Ashmore to the team. Ashmore designed the all-conquering Lolas that took the Champ Car Championships in 1990, 1991, and 1992 before moving on in 1994 to enjoy success in his executive role with Reynard. Ashmore will be bringing his considerable technical and race day experience to bear as the team continues to develop their engineering and development program with the team Lolas.

The technical side of the program is not the only part of the equation that has kept the Mi-Jack shops busy with activity this winter, as team owner Bachelart has been working to strengthen the teams commercial prospects as well.

“We are in ongoing discussions with a potentially significant new team partner, and hope to have some positive results from these discussions,” said Bachelart. “It has been a very busy off-season for us, but it’s an exciting time as we look forward to the 2005 season.”

JLMannin
02-04-05, 06:30 PM
If I were writing that article, I would have put the Bruce Ashmore hiring in the first paragraph and put the Fabio signing in as an aside.

JohnnyQ
02-05-05, 06:05 PM
What a douche. When they did the lifestyle segment with Tags wife Nelsons biggest challege of the day was what jet ski he had to pick for the day. This rent-a ride guy repulses me more then any other. :shakehead

Bachelart is a green grassin punk as well.

Rogue Leader
02-05-05, 07:50 PM
What a douche. When they did the lifestyle segment with Tags wife Nelsons biggest challege of the day was what jet ski he had to pick for the day. This rent-a ride guy repulses me more then any other. :shakehead

Bachelart is a green grassin punk as well.

That segment where he was bitching about the pool and the "old jetski" compared to the new one made me want to punch in his skull...

Jag_Warrior
02-05-05, 08:06 PM
I'd rather the series be down to 17 cars than have this total and complete wanker running.

mapguy
02-06-05, 02:26 AM
I'd rather the series be down to 17 cars than have this total and complete wanker running.

:thumbup:

NismoZ
02-06-05, 09:33 AM
Not me. Passing is fun to watch.

Railbird
02-06-05, 10:37 AM
The hair farmer is a rolling chicane but he hasn't caused much mayhem. Until the series regains it's footing ride buying wankers will just be a fact of life.

What about Mazacane and Guy Smith?

do either of those wanks have a deal?

JoeBob
02-06-05, 01:48 PM
Remember what Michel Jourdain was like when he was an 18 year old ride buyer? He pretty much learned to race cars tooling around the back of ChampCar fields, staying out of the way.

Fabio seems to be doing the same thing. Not the way I'd develop talent, but it has worked before.

jonovision_man
02-06-05, 01:58 PM
Not me. Passing is fun to watch.

What about lapping? :p

jono

Dr. Corkski
02-06-05, 04:16 PM
Remember what Michel Jourdain was like when he was an 18 year old ride buyer? He pretty much learned to race cars tooling around the back of ChampCar fields, staying out of the way.

Fabio seems to be doing the same thing. Not the way I'd develop talent, but it has worked before.If you had actually bothered to pay attention during Jourdain's first full Champ Car season, you wouldn't be dumb enough to keep insulting him with that fabio comparison.

Railbird
02-06-05, 05:06 PM
please enlighten us Corski as I too thought Jourdain was pretty wanker-like.

Of course I still do

http://www.detnews.com/2003/motorsports/bench/0414jourdain.jpg

"Hold me Booby"

racer2c
02-06-05, 05:09 PM

Of course I still do

"Hold me Booby"

That pic didn't come from Racer did it? ;)

JohnnyQ
02-06-05, 05:15 PM

Of course I still do

"Hold me Booby"

Now that's funny! :rofl:

Jourdain is a perfect example of average talent coming to the forefront with the proper setup sheets in place. He's toast in the Busch series.

TorontoWorker
02-06-05, 05:47 PM
I don't why this guy doesn't go after the makers of Pert Plus for support for his Champ Car effort. :rofl: I was going to say he has wonderful hair for a girl... but that would be too sarcastic.:shakehead

FYI: I'm the worker that had an "issue" with this guy 2 years back at Toronto. Someone mentioned this here a few months ago that they read a post on the old 7thGear site about a worker who had a run in with this driver, one who I call, "runway boy" - that worker was me.

pchall
02-06-05, 05:48 PM
That pic didn't come from Racer did it? ;)

Booby with photoshopped hair? :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
02-06-05, 06:00 PM
please enlighten us Corski as I too thought Jourdain was pretty wanker-like.Look at how he did once he got the Reynard back in 97.

Railbird
02-06-05, 10:13 PM
Look at how he did once he got the Reynard back in 97

Look for yourself (http://www.champcarstats.com/drivers/JourdainMichelJr.htm)

A good solid five years of wankerdom before Rahal gave him a hug.

Jag_Warrior
02-06-05, 10:25 PM
I don't why this guy doesn't go after the makers of Pert Plus for support for his Champ Car effort. :rofl: I was going to say he has wonderful hair for a girl... but that would be too sarcastic.:shakehead

FYI: I'm the worker that had an "issue" with this guy 2 years back at Toronto. Someone mentioned this here a few months ago that they read a post on the old 7thGear site about a worker who had a run in with this driver, one who I call, "runway boy" - that worker was me.

Yeah. You're my hero. :thumbup: You're the one who threatened to snatch the lil girlie man off his feet, if he went across the track... or something like that? Byootiful!

Dr. Corkski
02-07-05, 04:26 AM
Look for yourself (http://www.champcarstats.com/drivers/JourdainMichelJr.htm)

A good solid five years of wankerdom before Rahal gave him a hug.Outqualifying Gil de Ferran at a proper race track in a Coyne/Rahal-mobile is more than anything Fabio has done.

Railbird
02-07-05, 06:47 AM
One off qualie does not a hero make.

Jourdain was a first order wank longer than Fabio has had a drivers license.

Like it or not the kid fills a needed spot (at this point in time) on the grid.

Sean O'Gorman
02-07-05, 10:17 AM
Jourdain was also not annoying as all hell.