PDA

View Full Version : I'm home, I'm exhausted, I'm happy and worried

DjDrOmusic
02-24-03, 01:03 AM
Well today was a success at Woo Doggies, I would estimate around 30 people including regulars attended. Thankyou to everybody who came, and I do appreciate the gift from all of you. Woo Doggies was happy and they purchased a couple of very big pics to put up in the place from Cindy, the former Tasman Motorsports empoyee(I'm not giving that other Hilliard based team any press). I'm really exhausted, but I'm really worried about our friends who braved this weather to travel in from Canada, Indy, Chicago and elsewhere. I hope they have a safe trip home! For those of you who didn't make the trip, you were missed but we understand, your safety is more important. Just a few tidbits: Warlock was presented the Fastest Lap trophy for losing his Microsizer in the Pool Table! It's still there, but everyone was able to play pool. Because of the loss of Team Warlock, Team "O" Kids swept the top three places...they were the only entrants! The Ricer Conquers award, after talking with Warlock, was presented to my 8 year old Jim, for his SpongeBob Squarepants Zip Zap. He was thrilled! The Long Distance Trophy went to RaceChic, who braved the weather and drove in from Toronto. Mello proved her worth as the only member to eat 2 Triple Dog Dare wings, and she paid the price! I'll let her tell you about the towel dispenser in the restroom. It was really a great time, and Tantra called from St.Pete at the start of the race, trying to rub it in, it didn't work, I couldn't hear him so I gave the phone to Warlock! I also gave a certificate for White Castles to Rocket, so that I can now be called a proper MoFo! Labatts gave us several doorprizes, as well as Mid-Ohio, CART and Off Camber, Mello, and RaceGrrl, who provided some stunning Belly Dancing with her friend Lori after the race. Tom has offered the place again for Long Beach if you'd like to try, at least it shouldn't be snowing then! I'm sure I'll think of more later, but now S-L-E-E-P!!!:cool:

devilmaster
02-24-03, 01:17 AM
As we sit in the hotel room, drinking the beer we brought, myself, Racechic, Lizzerd and my friend Gurps, rehashing the night, laughing about the good stuff.

Once again, a big thanks to our good Dr, as he once again outdid himself and a thanks to all who worked on getting prizes. Everyone here is drunk(except me) and I hope they pass out soon so I can get some sleep. :D

A good night to all, and to all a good night!

Steve (with others, yelling and screaming about shania twain.:rolleyes: )

DjDrOmusic
02-24-03, 02:51 AM
I here I thought I could get to sleep! Shania huh?? :cool:

You're more than welcome DevilMaster, I'm glad you had a good time!:)

devilmaster
02-24-03, 02:57 AM
actually dr, they all finaaly got to sleep about 15 minutes ago....

I have peace! :D

Steve

Napoleon
02-24-03, 07:08 AM
I really wish I could have made it. Glad everyone had a good time.

lisa
02-24-03, 08:34 AM
Thanks DrO My drive home last night/this morning was uneventful. Chop, rocket, lizzerd, I hope your drive home is good as well. You don't have to look for me off the road anywhere. :) Hope everyone made it home safe.

Lisa

RaceGrrl
02-24-03, 10:56 AM
I posted this in another thread, but I want to be sure the Doc sees it.

DJDrO, thank you so much for all the effort you put into making today's event a success. You keek ass!

It was great to see my OffCamber and Crappy friends again, and I hope that you're all going to be there in April for the Long Beach race party. With any luck the weather will be perfect that weekend.

Thanks too, to the WooDoggies staff. They were attentive and took good care of us, and even let Warlock have the first ever race party OffCamber Flip Cup Competition.

Devilmaster won one set of MidOhio race tickets, and Circus1 from Crapwagon won the other set. Everyone left with a door prize. Oddly enough, no-one seemed too keen on claiming the Team Kool Green patch that mello donated.

The auction of Rahal memorabilia was a nice event, lots of people picked up Team Rahal items for very little cash. WooDoggies will be sporting some CART items alongside their NASCAR stuff soon.

There were even a couple of special "performances" to raise money for the Cornbread Relief Fund. (Cornbread is a CW member who recently lost everything in a house fire.)

Though I missed my absent friends, I had a great time. I'm looking forward to April already.

Napoleon
02-24-03, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
I had a great time. I'm looking forward to April already.

I have a Pinata I can bring!

Seriously are they talking about doing one for LB?

RaceGrrl
02-24-03, 11:29 AM
Yes, there are plans for a party at WooDoggies for the Long Beach race on April 13th. Mark your calendars!

rocket
02-24-03, 06:49 PM
Made it home OK lisa, chop456 should have clear sailing up to his place, the roads really cleared up about 20 or so miles past Columbus, and even up to that point they weren't really that bad. Hey if we would've wound up in a ditch, I could have just kicked the car back onto the road with my big feet.;) . Hope mello's head is OK, and to be perfectly honest, I don't think I could have had a better time at the race. DDO and Tom from Woo Doggies did a great job, and they both deserve HUGE kudos. I can't remember a better time with better people, and I can't wait to get together again at some of the races. We left the bar last night about 11:30 Warlock!, his friend Jeff, Twisty Bits, chop456, and myself hit Taco Bell...20 tacos, 6 burritos, and 3 meximelts later, it was time to put this EXCELLENT weekend to bed.:thumbup: :thumbup:

mello
02-24-03, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone for such a great time. My head is fine Rocket.lol I managed to take another pretty good spill on the ice when we went home. Needless to say I did not make it to work today. We will have pictures posted hopefully tomorrow night. Still trying to recover a little more. Oh yeah, and I have pictures of those feet.:) Flywheel had a blast also and is looking forward to doing it again. What a group. Really did miss the ones that couldn't make it.

Lizzerd
02-24-03, 08:55 PM
Lizzerd is home safe and sound, thanks to chop's driving abilities. Thanks, Rob. I left that plaque in your car, though. I can't believe I paid $40 for that thing. Oh well, pulling PT for the pool gave me money to burn. (You're welcome for the round, everybody).

DrO, you outdid yourself this time. Your outstanding efforts for the season ending party last year were great, but this time, you really did emcee a fine, fine event that I'll never forget. The comraderie of a few dozen CARTisans in the same room at one time for the same reason cannot be matched. I think I speak for everybody who was there when I say "THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART". Too bad the crowd was down, Mother Nature can be a real B***H, but you guys and gals who couldn't make it were there in spirit, I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to April 13 already...

devilmaster
02-24-03, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
you really did emcee a fine, fine event that I'll never forget.

Thats just cause you can't remember what happened in the first place! :rofl: :p

steve

Cam
02-24-03, 10:28 PM
I am STILL bummed out!!!! :(

RaceChic
02-24-03, 11:11 PM
All I know is that Mello and I are going to get in a LOT of trouble this summer.......And I think I fractured my liver... :cry:

RTKar
02-24-03, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Yes, there are plans for a party at WooDoggies for the Long Beach race on April 13th. Mark your calendars!

A second chance! :D I feel like one of the pardoned death row inmates in Illinois.