PDA

View Full Version : Banned superbowl ad...

Robstar
02-03-05, 02:23 AM
Bud Light (http://gorillamask.net/videosuperbowl.shtml)

:laugh: I think it's funny/clever - can't work out why it's banned though :confused:

Michaelhatesfans
02-03-05, 02:52 AM
:laugh: I think it's funny/clever - can't work out why it's banned though :confused:
Uptight self-righteous humorless pinheads? That's my guess.

Wabbit
02-03-05, 12:33 PM
They just don't want a reminder of what happened last year.

Kiwifan
02-03-05, 02:13 PM
Robstar, what I wanna know mate, is why were you at "that" site and did you click on any of the "swimsuit" links? :p

You Aussies! ;)

Catch you in 8 months time for the answer. :cool:

Rusty.

JoeBob
02-03-05, 02:52 PM

It wasn't. Anheiser Busch executives thought it was questionable for the Super Bowl, they asked the NFL and FOX what they thought. The response was, "If you're not sure about it, why are you even asking us?" It was then decided by A-B not to even try to put it on the air. Instead, they put it on budweiser.com, where it is getting more attention than it ever would have had they actually aired it.

Robstar
02-03-05, 06:41 PM
Fair enough :)

Oh & Rusty, I hadn't noticed the 'spank bank' until you mentioned it... :D

Methanolandbrats
02-03-05, 07:06 PM
Outstanding site :eek: :thumbup:

Rob
02-03-05, 09:38 PM
That's much better than another banned ad I heard about several weeks ago that involved showing Mickey Rooney's bare ass. :eek:

Steve99
02-03-05, 10:13 PM
All,

Every year we debut America's best and funniest ads during the broadcast of the big game.

This year will be no different.

But, the best ad you won't see on this year's TV broadcast is Bud Light's "Wardrobe Malfunction."

Instead of airing this ad on TV, we decided to air it on-line at www.budweiser.com and via email.

So far, Budweiser.com has received an enormous number of hits. The ad is also getting PR coverage on TV, newspapers & radio.

Please enjoy the attached ad and feel free to send on to your adult friends.

If you are having problems viewing this file, please visit Budweiser.com to view high resolution files in various formats.

Remember, Responsibility Matters - this spot, as are all of our ads, are intended for adults 21 and older.

Thanks,
Dan McHugh
Senior Director - Bud Light