PDA

View Full Version : ALMS: Defined

racer2c
02-03-05, 12:21 AM
"The six-year-old ALMS series is, bit by bit, establishing itself as the entity that he and ALMS founder Don Panoz always envisioned it to be: America’s upscale motorsports marketing vehicle, where the world’s premier automobile brands – and synergistic upscale brands from outside the auto category – compete for the allegiance of an affluent and passionate audience."

Take that you Grand Am de-synergi..., uh un-synergi... well you ugly car drivers! :gomer:

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/15006/)

Aston Martin to the rescue!

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/53854_pv_168772.jpg

Ankf00
02-03-05, 12:30 AM
GTS will kick ass, but that's all they have going for them...

ever since someone here said the aston has yellow "lipstick" i just cant get past that about that car :saywhat:

racer2c
02-03-05, 12:34 AM
GTS will kick ass, but that's all they have going for them...

ever since someone here said the aston has yellow "lipstick" i just cant get past that about that car :saywhat:

LOL!

cart7
02-03-05, 05:50 AM
Right now, ALMS needs a serious infusion of manufacturer interest in the 900 class. The Audi's are getting seriously long in the tooth and with about 3 of them left barely could be considered a serious racing class anymore. I love the series and hope he really does have some tricks in the attache case otherwise ALMS may turn into a glorified TransAm series.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :cool:

Jag_Warrior
02-03-05, 11:32 AM
I've been a major fan of Dr. Don since he took te reins of Pro Sports Car/IMSA. I want things to get better for ALMS. But like a lot of things that I want to happen, it seems like for every one step forward, there are two steps back. I've given up on P1 and P2, but I hope this is a great year for GTS. :thumbup:

NismoZ
02-03-05, 05:46 PM
So, DUMP 1&2 and go with REAL CARS...Entice Audi, GM, BMW, Mercedes, Viper etc. etc. (kind of a Speed Challenge" on steroids) and have a wide-open Mfgrs. GT series similar to the JGTC...better to have 4-5 possible winners than ONE! Can Am died, IMSA GTP died, this "LM" stuff ain't gonna make it because nobody (few) knows what the heck those things ARE and nobody can afford to run them. (Oooo, as many as FIVE at RA last year!) There is ONE reason Grand SHAM has all of a sudden become respectable around here recently. AFFORDABILITY. Many of our "heroes" have decided to join in, so it MUST be OK, right? I can't imagine a place like Road America not casting a jealous eye toward Daytona and thinking," we could do that!"... a 1000k "sportscar" race! ALMS wouldn't like that, what with running the "500" there, but then they'd better start seeing which way the wind is blowing! People who wouldn't go see ChampCars there I am convinced would go to see the teams and drivers that are moving toward Grand Am. I would. (Are there ANY NASCAR "off" weekends in the summer that could be taken advantage of? Sheesh, put Little E, Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart in a car and you've just made the weekend profitable.) ChampCar had to adjust, so does ALMS, and I don't see ALMS going to street circuits, so change the formula so you have high profile manufacturers running (GT1, 2 & 3) cars that more affluant, educated snobs (such as ourselves! :D ) can identify with and PAY to watch! I think it's great that the Corvettes won last year, but C'mon, 9 in a row!? I hope Bourdais et al wins at Sebring, and Aston is ready to kick rear in '06! (AND I have a ChampCar replacement race to see at RA!, the 1000k!, maybe 25 "prototypes" (I know, of WHAT!?) top drivers and a 50+ car field? YES!)...PS, I've already written RA and said, just DO it!