PDA

View Full Version : Some people...

Sean O'Gorman
02-01-05, 11:37 PM
...are complete jerks! :mad:

This is what I saw when I got back to my car after class tonight:

http://members.cox.net/sogorman35/damage.jpg

:shakehead

No note or anything. I think it was a white Chevy Astro that was parked next to me, and the person who owns it better hope I don't spot their car in the parking garage again. :flame:

Winston Wolfe
02-01-05, 11:44 PM
check to see if there is a security camera in the parking garage, first.

Second, stop drinking to the point of blacking out.... driving a car after having that much to drink can lead to dire consequence... not only can you hurt yourself, and your car... but you can hurt others.

btw: the chick who drives that Astro van.... she isnt by chance, that MILF that you were stalking before and had those "relationship" issues with before, is she ?

just curious. :D

mapguy
02-01-05, 11:45 PM
:mad: I hear ya. Pepsi in the gas tank. And if you can. Pee in the windsheild washer tank.

racer2c
02-01-05, 11:47 PM
Are you sure that isn't cone damage and are those Sears snow tires? ;) :)

Sean O'Gorman
02-01-05, 11:49 PM
I filled out a report and the police officer is checking to see if they have security cameras in that portion of the garage.

And the girl in question 1) already graduated (she e-mailed me a month ago saying she is probably going to take a TV reporter job in VA but we should go out for drinks again before then, and of course didn't reply after I wrote back :rolleyes: ) and 2) didn't have kids, so I think I can rule her out as a suspect. ;)

Are you sure that isn't cone damage and are those Sears snow tires?

The cone damage is on the right side of the car, thank you very much. I will admit, however, that the small mark in the bottom corner of the bumper was from a year ago when I ran into a curb at low speed (in the same parking garage) while staring at a hot blond driving an modified Eclipse GSX past me. :o

And the tires are Blizzaks, no Sears special there. ;)

Ankf00
02-02-05, 10:26 AM
sorry dude.

racer2c
02-02-05, 10:34 AM
Yesterday I paid $225 for a paintless dent remover guy to fix a tiny hood dent on my truck. I feel your pain, that damage isn't going to be cheap to fix.

KLang
02-02-05, 11:03 AM
Sorry to see that Sean.

I am a completely anal parker. I aways park way out in the boonies so I'm not near other cars. Sometimes even that isn't enough. :mad:

G.
02-02-05, 11:44 AM
Sorry to see that Sean.

I am a completely anal parker. I aways park way out in the boonies so I'm not near other cars. Sometimes even that isn't enough. :mad:I always go out of my way to park right next to guys like you. Really close. Can't-open-the-door close. :gomer:

Sorry, SOG.

Gnam
02-02-05, 12:37 PM
Yesterday I paid $225 for a paintless dent remover guy to fix a tiny hood dent on my truck. I feel your pain, that damage isn't going to be cheap to fix.
Just get a car bra that covers the damage. That way you'll be stylin and saving money. :D :gomer:

Ankf00
02-02-05, 12:39 PM
Just get a car bra that covers the damage. That way you'll be stylin and saving money. :D :gomer:
sprayable bed liner car bra :cool: :gomer:

RichK
02-02-05, 12:55 PM
I always go out of my way to park right next to guys like you. Really close. Can't-open-the-door close. :gomer:

:laugh:

--------

Sorry about that SeanO, I've been through it too.

Anteater
02-02-05, 01:33 PM
I am a completely anal parker. I aways park way out in the boonies so I'm not near other cars. Sometimes even that isn't enough. :mad:

I do that too, and it annoys the h*ll out of me when I park out in the boonies to protect my car, then someone (usually a gigantic SUV) pulls in right next to me! :flame:

Sorry to hear about your car, SeanO; that really stinks. There are too many people with no conscience out there.

JoeBob
02-02-05, 02:24 PM
Was that your car I ran into? I thought it was a speedbump.

I was taking this baby: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80766&item=4523299847&rd=1 out for a test drive.

Gnam
02-02-05, 03:34 PM
sprayable bed liner car bra :cool: :gomer:
Good one! :thumbup: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5819

Sean O'Gorman
02-02-05, 10:13 PM
So, nrc and RaceGrrl, are you going to get a spray on bra for your RX-8? :laugh:

nrc
02-02-05, 10:48 PM
Since we passed on the clear vinyl contact paper front-end protection that they offered to apply (for a an unspecified additional fee), I would have to say, mmmnoh.

racer2c
02-02-05, 10:52 PM
Back in the early 90's a buddy of mine bought a new 300ZX. He put a clear plastic bra on it that was held of of the body about a quarter inch with small rubber feet. It was the only one I've ever seen. Guess they didn't catch on. I wonder if they are still around. it was decent because it didn't really take anything away from the car but it offered great protection.

BobN
02-02-05, 11:01 PM
I am a completely anal parker.

Ummm, you might want to rephrase that. :laugh:

Just kidding. :D

race chica
02-03-05, 01:43 AM
Sorry about that. But at least it wasnt one of roommates who did the damage while you were watching out of your window and then said she did do it. Nah, that never happened to me ;)

But a nice trick is always sand in a gas tank if youre really mad, if your just a little mad take black acrylic paint and put it on the windshiel (it scrapes right off, but most people dont realize that)

Jag_Warrior
02-03-05, 11:27 AM
Really sorry to hear about that, Sean. It takes a really gutless P.O.S. to do that and not even leave a note.

Sean O'Gorman
02-03-05, 12:03 PM
He put a clear plastic bra on it that was held of of the body about a quarter inch with small rubber feet. It was the only one I've ever seen. Guess they didn't catch on.

Was he Italian by any chance? :D

I'm sorry, but all I could think about when you said that was how when I was a kid, my grandparents on my mom's side (Italians) had plastic covers over all the furniture. :confused:

Dirty Sanchez
02-03-05, 12:10 PM
I have 3M clearbra on the frontend of my car. It rules.

Not a DIY job. Get a good certified installer.

Sean O'Gorman
02-03-05, 12:13 PM
Pics?

Gnam
02-03-05, 12:44 PM
Pics?
Yo! You gots to protect your grill, son.
http://www.nba.com/media/bird_041012_320.jpg

mas (http://www.nba.com/features/mask_photos_050103.html)

Charp!
http://img207.exs.cx/img207/9296/carwrap22en.jpg

nrc
02-03-05, 01:00 PM
I have 3M clearbra on the frontend of my car. It rules.

Not a DIY job. Get a good certified installer.

The main issue we had with it was the line across the hood. Didn't like the way it looked and it seemed likely to become more noticeable with age.

racer2c
02-03-05, 01:18 PM
The 3M film wasn't what my friend had. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

chop456
02-03-05, 01:21 PM
Pics?

Just do a Google image search on "clear bra".

Make sure you're at school, too.