PDA

View Full Version : Timo time?

Railbird
01-31-05, 06:40 AM
Glock to CCWS? (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14183.html)

chop456
01-31-05, 07:04 AM
Spare me the Glockin' spiel.

Thank you ladies and germs. :gomer:

Horrid puns aside, I'd sure rather see him or jungle boy than some 17 year-old hair farmer. If 50% of this silly season's silliest rumors come true, we'll have a pretty interesting field this year. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
01-31-05, 07:47 AM
Horrid puns aside, I'd sure rather see him or jungle boy than some 17 year-old hair farmer. If 50% of this silly season's silliest rumors come true, we'll have a pretty interesting field this year. :thumbup:Count out Jungle Boy because he wised up and decided to take the 3rd Williams seat instead of becoming another Bruno. Better for him to stay at Williams when he knows Sir Frank has a major hard on for him.

Hell I would like to see Glock, Wirdheim, Janis mix it up with Valiante, Dalziel and maybe Ranger, but it will probably end up being Jos the Boss, Slodolfo, and Crash Test Figge.

chop456
01-31-05, 08:36 AM
I'm basing my opinion solely on racing insiders at grandprix.com.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14182.html

The choice of Heidfeld is interesting in that the German started the winter as the outsider for the job although in recent weeks he has been backed heavily by BMW. The decision means that Antonio Pizzonia will probably not stay with the team and will now either look for a job at Jordan or go to America and try to build himself a career over there. The news will also not go down well in Brazil where Petrobras was very keen to have a Brazilian in the car. The Brazilian national oil company is a team sponsor.

I agree that he'd be stupid to leave. As you said, better a Gene than a Junky.

Sean O'Gorman
01-31-05, 12:24 PM

Boo! :thumdown:

racer2c
01-31-05, 12:26 PM

Horrid puns aside, I'd sure rather see him or jungle boy than some 17 year-old hair farmer. If 50% of this silly season's silliest rumors come true, we'll have a pretty interesting field this year. :thumbup:

Are you here all week? Is your mic on?

pchall
01-31-05, 02:37 PM
Run! Run! The Tecate girl's got a Glock!

Al Czervik
01-31-05, 02:44 PM
Glock to CCWS? (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14183.html)

A little late to the party, but...
-Its rare to find a driver of his caliber
-I heard he's a real pistol, shoots his mouth off all the time
-The next hired gun

You've been great. Try the veal. Don't forget to tip your waitress

jonovision_man
01-31-05, 06:55 PM
I agree that he'd be stupid to leave. As you said, better a Gene than a Junky.

Better a Bourdais than a Badoer or Gene, though.

This was Pizza's shot, and if Frank didn't give him a race seat now with the slim pickings out there, he's never going to give him a race seat. And once you've been out of racing too long, people overlook you. Gene or Wurz are good examples.

jono

Dr. Corkski
01-31-05, 07:18 PM
Better a Bourdais than a Badoer or Gene, though.

This was Pizza's shot, and if Frank didn't give him a race seat now with the slim pickings out there, he's never going to give him a race seat. And once you've been out of racing too long, people overlook you. Gene or Wurz are good examples.

jonoBadoer's got lifetime job security, and Gene obviously offers value as a tester otherwise Ferrari would not have jumped on him. The two guys that just got fired by Red Bull wanted Wurz in one of their seats. Bourdais couldn't even get a test after what he did last year.

jonovision_man
01-31-05, 08:41 PM
Badoer's got lifetime job security, and Gene obviously offers value as a tester otherwise Ferrari would not have jumped on him. The two guys that just got fired by Red Bull wanted Wurz in one of their seats. Bourdais couldn't even get a test after what he did last year.

I guess it comes down to deciding which is the better life:

- an F1 tester with little to no hope of landing an F1 ride.
- a CCWS race driver with little to no hope of landing an F1 ride.

For Pizzonia, it's land a ride this year or face those two options...

jono

lone_groover
01-31-05, 09:35 PM
HA HA chop! :D

:thumbup:

NismoZ
02-03-05, 04:52 PM
Wasn't this about Timo? I think he IS testing this weekend with Rocketsports(?) He HAS what it takes...money to spend! :eek:

NismoZ
02-03-05, 04:58 PM
AND...hasn't Conquest tested, or soon WILL test, Phillippe, Jouanny, Halliday, Figge, Dumas and Ricardo Sparafico? We need 18, guys. I don't think it much matters WHO is in the seat. Hey, we wanted to see more passing, right?

Anteater
02-03-05, 06:34 PM
A little late to the party, but...
-Its rare to find a driver of his caliber
-I heard he's a real pistol, shoots his mouth off all the time
-The next hired gun

:rofl: That was funny!!!!!!

RichK
02-03-05, 07:59 PM
- an F1 tester with little to no hope of landing an F1 ride.
- a CCWS race driver with little to no hope of landing an F1 ride.

I'm wondering what kind of money is involved with each of those choices.

chop, you are really ON in '05!
:laugh: