PDA

View Full Version : Rock Loses Another

Dave99
01-31-05, 02:25 AM
Jim Capaldi died Friday from stomach cancer. Sad to hear he's gone. I didn't even know he was sick. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/28/people.capaldi.reut/

Traffic was another favorite band of mine and had many hits with the songwriting and composing talents of Steve Winwood, Dave Mason and Capaldi. "John Barleycorn" and "Low Spark..." are both classic albums.
Time to dust off the Traffic cds in memory.

Michaelhatesfans
01-31-05, 03:05 AM
:( I've actually been seeing a lot of him over the past month. He plays in The Concert For George, and my DVD player has been overheating from my constant viewing of it since Christmas. He actually looks like he's having the time of his life in that show. Next time I watch it, I'll spare a thought for him. At least I'll see him happy.

oddlycalm
01-31-05, 02:51 PM
Sorry to hear Jim has passed. His music stands up well to the test of time. Capaldi was also to be found in the credits of many outstanding recordings by other groups of the day, and always brought a sophisticated voice to the proceedings. His sparse and understated style demonstrated the old adage; the difference between good and great players isn't the notes they play, it's the ones they choose not to play. I saw them play here together around 10yrs ago, and it was apparent that their music had not only aged gracefully, but that their abilities had as well. :thumbup:

oc

fourrunner
01-31-05, 05:40 PM
Truly Sad !

Seemed like a pretty cool guy ... I loved Traffic ... these are True Musicians ...

Guys you least expect are passing on for various reasons ... BUT Keith Richards keeps on keeping on!

But I'm Glad of that, I like him to!! He must have a Guardian Angel !