PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all!

IceKub
02-23-03, 09:55 PM
I had a wonderful time watching the race at Woo Doggie's with everyone today. I couldn't think of a better way to start the season than with all of my good friends and fellow racing fans (unless we were all in St. Pete's!). I would just like to thank everyone who made it possible, and to let everyone who couldn't make it know that the next Woo Doggie's race is going to be Long Beach. Winter should hopefully let up by then. :cool:

RaceGrrl
02-24-03, 12:45 AM
DJDrO, thank you so much for all the effort you put into making today's event a success. You keek ass!

It was great to see my OffCamber and Crappy friends again, and I hope that you're all going to be there in April for the Long Beach race party. With any luck the weather will be perfect that weekend.

Thanks too, to the WooDoggies staff. They were attentive and took good care of us, and even let Warlock have the first ever race party OffCamber Flip Cup Competition.

Devilmaster won one set of MidOhio race tickets, and Circus1 from Crapwagon won the other set. Everyone left with a door prize. Oddly enough, no-one seemed too keen on claiming the Team Kool Green patch that mello donated. ;)

The auction of Rahal memorabilia was a nice event, lots of people picked up Team Rahal items for very little cash. WooDoggies will be sporting some CART items alongside their NASCAR stuff soon.

There were even a couple of special "performances" to raise money for the Cornbread Relief Fund. (Cornbread is a CW member who recently lost everything in a house fire.)

Though I missed my absent friends, I had a great time. I'm looking forward to April already. :)

Warlock!
02-24-03, 03:01 PM
What Kub and Grrl said... fantastic time. I am now back to work, and my liver is finally getting his vacation. I'm not givin him too much time off, though... ;)

Winter Warlock!

Twisty Bits
02-26-03, 03:09 AM
Thanks Dj,
You've done a great job of creating a new tradition! Everything was great (except for your name pulling). I won nothing. Wait...that's not true. I walked out of Woo Doggies with many things,

1. Many fantastic foggy memories.
2. A delayed hangover that would last 2 days.
3. A craving for about $30 dollars worth of Taco Bell.
4. Overcoming my fear of dancing on bars.
5. Most of my clothes on.
6. Empty wallet
7. Um, just look at the photos

But most of all, a warm feeling knowing that many communities of CART fans from miles around can get together in some of the most unpredictable weather and share MANY laughs, stories, etc.
It's always a joy seeing old friends an meeting new ones. Thanks everyone , for making this Canuck feel right at home.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the tracks!!!

Lizzerd
02-26-03, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Twisty Bits

But most of all, a warm feeling knowing that many communities of CART fans from miles around can get together in some of the most unpredictable weather and share MANY laughs, stories, etc.
It's always a joy seeing old friends an meeting new ones. Thanks everyone , for making this Canuck feel right at home.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the tracks!!!

Damm, Twisty, you're chokin' me up and bringing a tear to my eye. Seriously. Was a great time.

DrDjO for president!

RaceChic
02-26-03, 06:23 AM
Hello all! Thanks again for the comraderie! I don't think I could have had more fun at the track itself!
I agree with TwistyBits, it was a an awesome time and it is truly nice to see how everyone looked out for each other like a true community. I can't wait to see all of you again.:rolleyes:

Special Thanks to DjDrOmusic for all of his hard work and efforts!

Please look out on here for my good friend Garnet and welcome her. She is new to forums, but not to racing.:gomer:

chop456
02-26-03, 09:37 AM
Yup. A big thanks to the Dr. for all his work. Big fun was had by all, except having to give my money to the same pool winner for the second time in 6 months. :D

Woo's was very accomodating, especially putting up with the slovenly types like me. At least no one was dancing on the bar or anything. Oh, wait.....

I thoroughly enjoyed the trip, except for the driving. It seemed visibility late Sunday was very poor, also. Or maybe that was just me. ;)

Thanks again, Doc.

Hardpoint
02-26-03, 02:13 PM
WOW, at what point did Twisty get on the bar? I left WAY too early. I echo the sentiments of everyone else. Great time. Can't wait to do it again.

rocket
02-26-03, 09:28 PM
BIG TIME FUN was had by all, I don't think there was a square there, 'cept for the nascar fans:p . Looking forward to meeting up again many more times in the future.:thumbup:

DjDrOmusic
02-27-03, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd

DrDjO for president!

Only if I can make a Constitutional Amendment to allow a Canuck as a VP! And then only if I can make it a law that NASCAR can no longer be shown at the same time as a Champcar race or on the same day, and then that TG be placed on a barge and anchored somewhere in the North Sea and the abomination he's created be burned and buried! ;)

Lizzerd
02-27-03, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by chop456
...except having to give my money to the same pool winner for the second time in 6 months. :D

Yeah, but it couldn't be won by a nicer guy... :) hehehe... I don't think I went home with very many if any of those $$$, either, but it was fun to have some meaningless bucks to throw around. I made a couple waitresses day worth their efforts, bought the house a round, and a replica helmet for a little Canuck lady. :):)

lisa
02-27-03, 08:19 AM
I'm in agreement with everyone else. We did have a great time.

Thanks DJDrO, you did very good.

A big thanks to Mello & Flywheel for getting me there and being such great hosts. I learned about two of Mello's obsessions - waving at paper towel dispensers and cute little French guys. :)

Racechic - glad to see you made it home ok. You had a long drive.

Twisty - you know you were dying to dance on that bar all night. What took you so long?

Kub, Flobee, Gobucks - it was nice meeting you guys. Glad you came back Sat night. We all had a wonderful time that night too.

Racegrrl - I still can't believe you got us to try bellydancing in front of everyone.

It was great seeing everyone and a big THANKS for making it such a fun weekend. Now I can't wait to see everybody at the tracks!

mello
02-27-03, 09:18 AM
I think I will have to back over to Woo Doggies and take a picture of the paper towel dispenser just so I can have proof!!
Next meet can't come soon enough for us. We both had such a good time. And next time those that we really missed this time due to the weather will be there!