PDA

View Full Version : Another warmed over F1 driver to ChampCar thread...

TorontoWorker
01-28-05, 10:50 PM
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14170.html

Hey maybe he can be the first driver to catch fire in the pits with two different types of fuel during his career! (Ok, that was sarcastic I know)

Why do we keep getting these warmed over F1 TV dinners when there are so many other young drivers from North America that need a break? :flame: The stupid thing is most of these guys don't end up over here anyway for whatever reason,(mostly lack of cash). It almost seems as if they put out this PR (trolling) just to see if some fool company will pony up the cash - then they try to make a dea with a Champ Car. With this guy I guess he'll be visiting ING or ORANGE to see if they feel like funding a has been. :shakehead

racer2c
01-28-05, 10:54 PM
Because NASCAR (in it's many forms) sucks the funds out of corporate America. Call me a NASCAR hater (like that's a bad thing), it's true.

Sean O'Gorman
01-28-05, 11:09 PM
Using that logic, I suppose it is the A students fault that the kids who show up to class high and drunk get Fs too?

racer2c
01-28-05, 11:12 PM
Using that logic, I suppose it is the A students fault that the kids who show up to class high and drunk get Fs too?

I showed up drunk and high all the time in school. What was your question?

nissan gtp
01-28-05, 11:26 PM
I knew this was about Jos the gravelmaster before I even looked :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
01-28-05, 11:27 PM

I don't remember now. :D

Tim
01-29-05, 02:28 PM
Verstappen sucks. Money needs to spent on young drivers and not F1 washouts.

JoeBob
01-29-05, 02:44 PM
The annual Jos to ChampCar thread is about 3 months late this year.

He's like the Donnie Beechler of ChampCar. Everyone is working on a deal for him, but nothing ever happens.

Ankf00
01-29-05, 02:44 PM
I don't remember now. :D
Just call OGorman "your average horti-****ing-culturalist" ;)

Racing Truth
01-29-05, 02:52 PM

He's like the Donnie Beechler of ChampCar. Everyone is working on a deal for him, but nothing ever happens.

Say it with me now:

"He's just that good." :D ;)

Dr. Corkski
01-29-05, 07:09 PM

He's like the Donnie Beechler of ChampCar. Everyone is working on a deal for him, but nothing ever happens.I was going to say Johnny Herbert, but you are the expert here. :gomer:

extramundane
01-29-05, 07:29 PM
Verstappen sucks. Money needs to spent on young drivers and not F1 washouts.

As bas as Jos is, the worst aspect would be his 54 rabid fans flooding the champcar fora with "JOS THE SUPERPILOT!" rubbish.

On the plus side, Lola could collect valuable data on the effect of gravel on undertrays and wing elements.

Dr. Corkski
01-29-05, 08:49 PM
Verstappen is probably about 10 years too late. If only he had sucked in Europe like da Matta did, he could have come here and end up with a mediocre 2 year F1 career instead of a mediocre 8 year F1 career. That and 14 year olds in Holland could actually race without fear of getting their asses kicked (literally) for beating the Boss.

Now he's just a washout probably screwing a young talent out of a seat.

TorontoWorker
01-29-05, 08:59 PM
I was going to say Johnny Herbert, but you are the expert here. :gomer:

Yes, Johnny was second on the list, I think your correct. We better knock wood now that we have mentioned his name here. Wait for it... :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
01-29-05, 09:33 PM
Yes, Johnny was second on the list, I think your correct. We better knock wood now that we have mentioned his name here. Wait for it... :rofl:I hear he will be driving for the Mario Andretti team that will be managed by Paul Cherry. :D

theunions
01-29-05, 09:59 PM
I knew this was about Jos the gravelmaster before I even looked :shakehead

I thought it was about Tuesday's PKV announcement confirming CDM.

Steve99
01-31-05, 03:02 PM
Hey maybe he can be the first driver to catch fire in the pits with two different types of fuel during his career! (Ok, that was sarcastic I know)

I think the .1RL would be a better choice for that.

aportinga
02-01-05, 05:56 PM

Me too. The first time was ridiculous!