PDA

View Full Version : Animal House

racer2c
01-28-05, 10:09 PM
Both my wife and my daughter are laid up with a nasty flu bug, zonked out on NyQuil. So I'm out here flippin' channels and clickin' refresh on OC. No exciting Friday night plans for moi!
Animal house is on VH1. I haven't seen this flick for years. I never realized that Kevin Bacon is in it! The guy from Amadeus smokes a j with the awesome Donald Sutherland (who's charachter in Kelly's Hero's made me want to grow up to be a hippie and soldier!!). Karen Allen from Raiders of the Lost Ark is in there who I always get confused with Margo Kidder.

Methanolandbrats
01-28-05, 10:14 PM
http://www.bbring.com/peeing.jpg

Anteater
01-28-05, 11:10 PM
That was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen! :rofl: I haven't seen it in a long time, but still remember bits of it (like the nightclub scene, and when Bluto smashed the guitar).

Jervis Tetch 1
01-29-05, 12:08 AM
"My advice to you is to drink heavily." - John "Bluto" Blutarsky

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Dean Wormer

"Mine's bigger." - Eric "Otter" Stratten

Ankf00
01-29-05, 12:18 AM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

cart7
01-29-05, 06:52 AM
"All is Well!"

Kevin Bacon, in a roll now being reprised by Turn13 over at TF.

Great movie. I remember seeing that in the theatre when it first came out.

I loved the scene where otter picks up the girl at the dorm faking to be the boyfriend of a deceased frat house member. :laugh:

TKGAngel
01-29-05, 07:39 PM
"I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

Sounds like my co-workers and I whenever one of us goes out on vacation, and returns to find their work area messed with. :D

I remember laughing when I realized that Tim Matheson went on to play the Vice President on The West Wing. Vice President Otter, who knew.

Dave99
01-30-05, 03:45 AM
...when Bluto smashed the guitar.
If my fried brain remembers back that far, that was John Sebastian playing the guitar that Bluto smashed at the Toga party. "Sorry" :shrug:
:laugh:

Animal House and The Longest Yard are two must haves from the 70s :thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
01-30-05, 12:43 PM
If my fried brain remembers back that far, that was John Sebastian playing the guitar that Bluto smashed at the Toga party. "Sorry" :shrug:
:laugh:

Animal House and The Longest Yard are two must haves from the 70s :thumbup:Sorry Dave, but I think your brain's a bit too fried. That was Stephen Bishop on the guitar. He sang the theme song at the end of the credits and had a minor 70s hit "On and On."

Not to worry, my brain's fried too from my college years.

fourrunner
01-30-05, 01:14 PM
Sorry Dave, but I think your brain's a bit too fried. That was Stephen Bishop on the guitar. He sang the theme song at the end of the credits and had a minor 70s hit "On and On."

Not to worry, my brain's fried too from my college years.

Yeah Dave to many Doobie's ;)

That Scene was funny in so many ways ... Steven Bishop was playing this geek who had chicks pining over him because he could play the Guitar and sing Folk Songs .... that lethal combination sets Bluto off but in a way that appears he's just doing his job!

By the way "On & On" is the second most Annoying Song after "Sailing" or maybe " Muskrat Love" plus these singers all hung out together ... Can you imagine the "Hell" at a sing along night when these folks got together.

Dave99
01-30-05, 01:31 PM
Ah yes... as the smoke clears, I stand corrected. :cue Sweet Leaf intro: :D

oddlycalm
01-30-05, 04:24 PM
Sorry Dave, but I think your brain's a bit too fried. That was Stephen Bishop on the guitar. He sang the theme song at the end of the credits and had a minor 70s hit "On and On."

Not to worry, my brain's fried too from my college years. Dave...? Dave's not here man.

Say, was Stephen Bishop any relation to Elvin Bishop.... I mean they both played guitar, right....? :gomer:

oc

fourrunner
01-30-05, 04:34 PM
Say, was Stephen Bishop any relation to Elvin Bishop.... I mean they both played guitar, right....? :gomer:

oc

I believe they were Twins! :gomer: